Self Repair in BFV

ProAssassin2003
2946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I noticed in some You Tube videos the self repairing of Tanks is still in the game. Is this confirmed. I happen to like it because getting anybody to repair anything isn't happening. I wouldn't be mad if it was slower or nerfed a little.

Comments

• bran1986
    5434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I noticed in some You Tube videos the self repairing of Tanks is still in the game. Is this confirmed. I happen to like it because getting anybody to repair anything isn't happening. I wouldn't be mad if it was slower or nerfed a little.

I don't think you can auto repair to full health anymore, similar to infantry you can get back a portion of life back and then you need someone to rep you back to full health. Also the auto repair speed seems a lot slower.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can send repair to 50%. The rest needs to be repaired from the outside either by yourself as the tanker or by a friendly support (which is every support; repair tool is also part of their toolbox kit).

No idea if the tanks have the emergency/critical repair like bf1 does. Barely finding anyone footage from vehicles its just yet another sniping montage -.-
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I never cared for anything the user doesn't have to do their self. They should have a risk always in a vehicle. This shouldn't be a hardcore thing, should be common like friendly fire.
  • afkmacro
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played with tanks during the alpha, you can't self-repair to 100% everywhere, you need to be next to a supply station (ammo/health) and self-repair to a 100%. Honestly, tanks were very weak on that map. Maybe it'll be different at launch, but that map had less than ideal routes for tanks. Also the reload time on the panzerfaust for assault was so quick you'd get decimated pretty quick.
  • UraniumReaper
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    afkmacro wrote: »
    I played with tanks during the alpha, you can't self-repair to 100% everywhere, you need to be next to a supply station (ammo/health) and self-repair to a 100%. Honestly, tanks were very weak on that map. Maybe it'll be different at launch, but that map had less than ideal routes for tanks. Also the reload time on the panzerfaust for assault was so quick you'd get decimated pretty quick.

That's what it looked like. Looked like once you as a tanker took the first hit then the next one was already inbound and looks like panzerfausts rip tanks to shreds in only two or three hits. I am not a fan of that.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vehicle HP works similar to infantry HP, you can repair it to a certain amount unless you're next to supply depot. I haven't figured out how much you can repair because it was always different. One time you can repair 30%, another 50%. So if you get hit once, you can repair to full HP, but if you fall below 50%, then you gotta find a resurrection station to repair your tank to 100% or find a magical ring in the sky to repair a plane to 100%.

But because how trash Alpha vehicles were, we didn't bother using them much.
  • SirBobdk
    3717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In airplanes, you had to fly through the circle several times to repair. Each time only allowed to repair to a certain value.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    You can send repair to 50%. The rest needs to be repaired from the outside either by yourself as the tanker or by a friendly support (which is every support; repair tool is also part of their toolbox kit).

No idea if the tanks have the emergency/critical repair like bf1 does. Barely finding anyone footage from vehicles its just yet another sniping montage -.-

there ya go :)