This Week in Battlefield V

BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Pro4TLZZ
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Pro4TLZZ wrote: »
    No, ban rented servers. Bad admins always ban players and ea / dice don't review the server reports

Please go play on "Official" servers and leave us alone. Pretty simple !

No official servers on pc my friend, I can no longer play final stand
  • CrashCA
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So.... Without rented servers, no where to play BF4.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No, ban rented servers. Bad admins always ban players and ea / dice don't review the server reports

Please go play on "Official" servers and leave us alone. Pretty simple !

No official servers on pc my friend, I can no longer play final stand

If there are no official servers anymore, how are you playing....oh that's right.....3rd party servers. You sir are pretty amazing. Congrats.
  • CrashCA
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    was hoping for something any thing on servers, kind of wierd play testing a game I may not buy.
    Post edited by CrashCA on
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

With only official servers there will be no incentives for them to work on customizations, like pingcap, weather, weapon and vehicle restrictions or added such. I don't see myself getting the game with the same poor excuse for an RSP given what that adds up to and that's coming from someone who hate clans. I just don't want to get invested again in a game only to find half the server is 100+ ping at any given time.
  • CrashCA
    Still hoping for some info on this.
  • Muzzy2222
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The silence is deafening @CrashCA Stil hoping for something soon though.
  • CrashCA
    Considering current state of BF1 servers, not looking good. One could argue EA is pushing players to next game, but should wait until it is released before borking previous servers. On the conspiracy side, this could explain why they went RSP so they can pull the plug soon after next game releases. Unlike [email protected], BF3 & BF4 which still have functioning community run servers. (BF4 does 14-17K average most weeks)
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Considering current state of BF1 servers, not looking good. One could argue EA is pushing players to next game, but should wait until it is released before borking previous servers. On the conspiracy side, this could explain why they went RSP so they can pull the plug soon after next game releases. Unlike [email protected], BF3 & BF4 which still have functioning community run servers. (BF4 does 14-17K average most weeks)

doing that of course would be suicidal, as it would be seen as the last betrayal for the PC community
    (though I expect many on this forum would regardless figure out a way to pass it off as being "disappointing but overall ok" or something).

Yet at the same time I think that merely requesting that "3rd party rent-a-servers" return isn't the best thing to do, because it leaves one too open to merely repeating the disappointment of servers from BF1's RSP..

What would need to be done (I think) is to push for more than that, (perhaps this will have to wait until battlefield 2020 or 2022)..
    Basically Push for BF1942-2142-like servers, with support for mods and scripts and custom-maps, etc; in this way these features are still shown to be in-demand for PC consumers, and at the same time perhaps motivate DICE/EA that their plans to "simplify" or "homogenize" servers isn't a good idea..

At which point (if they, for whatever reason, can't make SADS-hosting software) they'll perhaps compromise/relent and just return to the BF:BC2-HL model of 3rd-party-servers.

This of course would require a very loud campaign, which DICE/EA probably have already taken measures against, (perhaps even intentionally poisoning the well of critics, though that's a bit of a conspiracy theory)

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Our clan will NOT purchase this game unless we have 3rd party Dedicated Servers and a full working Rcon that ALL of our admin can use and not just the person who rented the server.. I dont understand all the crap changes they have made to the BF series.. Bf1 was a HUGE fail when it comes to servers and clans..
    Post edited by Slashette on
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So.... Without rented servers, no where to play BF4.

there are still rented servers on BF4..we have one
  • Amphybiouse
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    don't you get it by now? their silence speaks volumes.
    this and so many other things is why I'll never pay for an EA product again
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The last few games have had dedicated and rented servers.. and back as far as bf2 when I played many years ago
  • Rev0verDrive
    6726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The last few games have had dedicated and rented servers.. and back as far as bf2 when I played many years ago

Facts being as they are BF1 released with zero intention from EA/DICE to have rented servers. The only reason we do have them is because the community pushed for them.
  • GrizzGolf
    986 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well as long as it doesn't put me into Euro servers half the time like BF1 did Ill be happy.
  • ShevermiN
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Facts being as they are BF1 released with zero intention from EA/DICE to have rented servers. The only reason we do have them is because the community pushed for them.

This is my greatest fear for BFV, full auto servers means the game in Australia will be dead within a month of release. Just look at the fact that there has not been a game of shock operations on the oceanic servers since it's launch. If it wasn't for rented servers here in Aust there would have been no chance to play pigeons or supply drop.

A continuation of the current RSP would have to be at least possible. But looking at the direction that Starwars Battlefront has taken and the game modes being discussed I can only see a few game modes being available for RSP.

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Out of curiosity. Why is RSP so important to have in the game?
  • Pro4TLZZ
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. Why is RSP so important to have in the game?

so you can ban players that are better than you