OK. Let the Gas Spam begin.

Comments

• the_yakuza17
    208 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree: gas grenades are one of the more irritating weapons in BF1...when used against you. Since so many people were using them, I decided to try it out and learned it can be a great strategic weapons in attack and defense. The gas can go through walls (weird - really should be fixed) and often are good for simply locating enemies. All in all, gas grenades, in my opinion ,are nowhere near as irritating as bayonet charges, cavalry, and bombers!
  • Rufusw5
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Its frustrating to play against for sure, especially as a medic (hipfire on some of those guns is awful). I hate it, which is why I've started using it too.

It's too good against most sentries, and good against wounded assaults camping a corner in a building. I can often get the gas to finish them off before they even realise it's there and get the mask on.

That said, I'd love it if it were removed from the game - along with the stupid bayonet charge.

Also the fact that it provides you with an indication of enemy presence.
    I also use it in all my classes bar when there is need for smoke in operations.

That's exactly what I use it for, people are usually wise enough to get the mask on quick, but its great for indicating whether or not enemies are present.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get the crying about Gas. Its a WW1 Game and should be Part of it.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Its frustrating to play against for sure, especially as a medic (hipfire on some of those guns is awful). I hate it, which is why I've started using it too.

It's too good against most sentries, and good against wounded assaults camping a corner in a building. I can often get the gas to finish them off before they even realise it's there and get the mask on.

That said, I'd love it if it were removed from the game - along with the stupid bayonet charge.

Also the fact that it provides you with an indication of enemy presence.
    I also use it in all my classes bar when there is need for smoke in operations.

I use smoke as a Scout, which I rarely play. Smoke now and then, but mostly gas. Always been that way. Was my go to in TDM. They nerfed it a decent amount though.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    gas is for noobs, INC is where it's at
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    You are all monsters.

https://imgur.com/a/3AHsj5s
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Is it just me or has anyone else getting killed by invisible gas?

Been happening to me for about a month now.

There’s been invisible gas since beta hasn’t gone away just happens less frequently than in the past
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KermitJ wrote: »
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Is it just me or has anyone else getting killed by invisible gas?

Been happening to me for about a month now.

There’s been invisible gas since beta hasn’t gone away just happens less frequently than in the past

Yeah happens when u get revived weird enough the game forces u to put on gas mask on friendly gas but not when it's needed.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ever since the addition of perks, that's the only grenade I use minus smoke. I used to use frags but the flak perk killed that. Incendiary and gas are the 2 common ones
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only real problem with gas is that it passes through walls. If youre super cheese mode like I am, you can toss it on the roof of a bunker and watch the kills fly in.
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't forget, the livens projector reloads every 2 min - that's about 15 times per round! - much more fun than flag hopping.

Anyone beat 12 with one shot?
  • VoidHuntG03
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been lobbing around gas grenades for years and now suddenly everyone realises its by far the most impactful grenade you have, able to get damage ticks, kills and of course keep the enemy trapped in their gas masks for what—45 seconds or so? But you can resupply in 30 seconds, so there's actually a sweetspot where you can just double the dps of your cloud. GGEZ.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ha! Gas is a pain for sure, but I'd rather face a squad chucking them as opposed to regular grenades.

The indicators on regular grenades are off and once that indicator shows, there is no running from it.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never noticed any problems with grenade indicators? I rarely get killed by them either, they're so easy to dodge. Only when I'm low on HP and cornered.

I'm always surprised how many people I can kill with grenades by just tossing them in the open field. People have plenty of time to run but they prefer to stand on them for some reason... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    Never noticed any problems with grenade indicators? I rarely get killed by them either, they're so easy to dodge. Only when I'm low on HP and cornered.

I'm always surprised how many people I can kill with grenades by just tossing them in the open field. People have plenty of time to run but they prefer to stand on them for some reason... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could be lag. The indicator when super faded, should not kill me and teammates that are full health.

• xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »

They blow up instantly when hitting a object.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Gas definitely really sucks when you mostly play scout. Can't hit s*** while affected by gas, and can't hit s*** while using the gas mask unless you're using your pistol.

I still only use incendiaries and impacts though.

I use gas as Scout, Scout dual, hit him once, toss a grenade and he's dead before he knows what hit him. Also force others to mask up their visibility goes down and they're more likely to run into my tripwires.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ever since the addition of perks, that's the only grenade I use minus smoke. I used to use frags but the flak perk killed that. Incendiary and gas are the 2 common ones

I loved the impact grenade prior to perks but after that it's as much a troll option as the mini grenade.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Gas definitely really sucks when you mostly play scout. Can't hit s*** while affected by gas, and can't hit s*** while using the gas mask unless you're using your pistol.

I still only use incendiaries and impacts though.

I use gas as Scout, Scout dual, hit him once, toss a grenade and he's dead before he knows what hit him. Also force others to mask up their visibility goes down and they're more likely to run into my tripwires.

Using them as a scout is fine. Getting hit by them - not so much. I used to use them all the time to gain an advantage over medics and other scouts since it forces them to put on their mask. As for finishing off enemies that I hit once with my rifle, that's why I use impacts.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or does gas do 16 damage per tick now since the patch?