BFV: Will you Buy or Pass?

Comments

• Lykosia
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to pass if the cost is the same as BF1. BF1 cost $49 at release, then cost $14 per expansion, then cost $49 again for premium. That's over $100 for a game... Just too much.

First. You didn't need to buy the expansions if you bought premium. That was the point of premium that you got all the expansions week early and you didn't need to buy them seperately.

Second. It's been already confirmed multiple times that there'll no premium in BF5 all new maps and weapons will be free. EA/DICE will sell cosmetics to get more money.
  • Jaskaman
    703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still waiting information about RSP for BF V.
  • Obsidiann6
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Pass: Game looks like a cartoon and not world war 2. Airplanes fly really slow in the alpha (slower than BF1?) and I am a pilot. I will try the open beta, but so far this is a pass.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    For me it's all about whether or not the non sniper and non air troops are clay pigeons for them or not. I've had it with snipers, magic pistols, and air farming infantry who are trying to actually have fun.

The current game balance is a mess. The dev's solution was to make medics snipers, too. That leave the rest pretty much undefended against tanks since infantry and engineer is becoming insta death. So they give engineers a "wimpet" mine and a mortar that does little more than scratch the paint.

I am not buying into being someone else's whipping boy again.

EA owes me a discount for being here and suffering through this game. Spare me the "Don't reward stupid" jokes.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    MigueTK wrote: »
    I liked bfv alpha. I didn't love the alpha. Dice has shown for the past two battlefields that server issues are consistent solved. I didn't like the game changes in bf1 and how they left a sour taste in my mouth.

I also thought the dlc overall was lacking so I'm curious who's making the dlc(dice la?) And will it be good.

I honestly can't see myself picking this up for $60. I like the gunplay but that's about it. I didn't like grand operations and I've never really been a fan of CQ - at least not for sixty bones.
    It's $60, it's not like you're buying a car or a house. I've had lunches that cost more than that. I'll see YOU on the battlefield.

eh, $60 is a lot of money where there's competition on the market. I never said I wasn't going to get it. I just can't see myself getting it for $60 bucks. You'll probably see me on the battlefield, but who knows when. They did a black friday sale on bf1 one month after bf1 launched for ~30 dollars. So if it has the same deal, I might go there.

all I'm saying is, I'm not in a rush. I still have previous battlefields to play and I want to see whats in store for the future of the series. I am disappointed with dice and how they ignore the fans. They are doing a great job fixing the game, but each thing they fix, they add something that befuddles the community. I hope that's not the case with bfv.
    $60 is not a lot of money. See YOU in BFV.

Ok clearly you're trolling so we can conclude here. Have a nice day.
    No I'm not trolling. People in here that are saying now that they won't buy it are lying. You'll see. If they weren't interested they wouldn't even be in this forum. Have a nice day.

No where did I say I wouldn't buy it though. If you read carefully, you can see I was weighing the price options

naw this dude is straight up trolling, he said the same thing to me. If they get rid of some of the idiotic decisions they made in the alpha then maybe EA will get my $$$$ won't waste it on MTX though. This minimalist fetish needs to be eradicated from game design it negatively impacts the user experience ( white text UI from BF1 to BFV ) >:[
    You're whining about an ALPHA? Really? Lol tell me that's a joke.

I think it's a little foolish to make buying decisions based on an ALPHA. Think about it. Also, I'll see YOU in BFV. Count on it.

Some things are clearly entrenched into the game so deeply that removing or altering them would compromise DICE's vision or be way too time consuming to change from what we saw in the alphas.
    LOL. And he knows this HOW?

Look at all the PR speak and language that EA and DICE have been using, they will not compromise on their game's "vision", part of that vision includes major features that are not going to be changed. DICE isn't going to take major features out of a game on release, hell they barely even acknowledged the cosmetics "killswitch" that people wanted. They won't change the stupidly useless UI with its white text and they won't remove the revive animation, just speed it up. You have no argument against this and are just trolling now. Keep swallowing the kool aid though.
  • daniel_cps
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    very simple answer::

no decent BFV hardcore - no BUY.

(that goes for our community of aprox. 35 players)
  • Prep768
    3450 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait for beta (even the bf1 beta on Sinai sold me on this franchise)
    Wait for friends to tell me their opinion after release re: net code, lag, wtf!? moments etc
    Scour the youbers channels for gameplay & forums for constructive criticism (lol)
    Plan to get myself for Christmas
    End up being too impatient & buy early

Quick question re:beta
    Is it just for pre orders or is it open or both, early September right?
  • bran1986
    5871 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Buy: gameplay changes convinced me after the customization almost turned me off the game completely.
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Wait for beta (even the bf1 beta on Sinai sold me on this franchise)
    Wait for friends to tell me their opinion after release re: net code, lag, wtf!? moments etc
    Scour the youbers channels for gameplay & forums for constructive criticism (lol)
    Plan to get myself for Christmas
    End up being too impatient & buy early

Quick question re:beta
    Is it just for pre orders or is it open or both, early September right?

It is open for everyone, preorders get access a couple of days earlier.
  • Natetendo83
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    namvn wrote: »
    this is the first BF ever that does not hype me at all, for the first time I don't feel the urge to pre-order one BF game. will wait for beta

There is no hype around this game, at all. I get the feeling that DICE/EA are laying low after the PR debacle of the reveal trailer and will kick the marketing into high gear in the next month or two. But still, Battlefield 1 had off the charts hype at this point after its reveal. BFV basically went into hiding after the community responded negatively to the initial reveal.
  • namvn
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    namvn wrote: »
    this is the first BF ever that does not hype me at all, for the first time I don't feel the urge to pre-order one BF game. will wait for beta
    Yet you were all excited about Hardline? A cops and robbers game? lol, ok...

I don't count Hardline as a BF game, I didn't buy it
  • NLBartmaN
    4336 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There is no hype around this game, at all. I get the feeling that DICE/EA are laying low after the PR debacle of the reveal trailer and will kick the marketing into high gear in the next month or two. But still, Battlefield 1 had off the charts hype at this point after its reveal. BFV basically went into hiding after the community responded negatively to the initial reveal.

Let's just hope they "learned" something form the debacle (and all other negative reactions about possible "controversial" changes) and made some changes to the game ... but I have a bad feeling about this ..
  • TEKNOCODE
    11559 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Let's just hope they "learned" something form the debacle (and all other negative reactions about possible "controversial" changes) and made some changes to the game ... but I have a bad feeling about this ..
    The spam is real. There is nothing for dice to learn.
  • NLBartmaN
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

If you get so many dislikes and people that say they won't buy and you change nothing .. let's just say they recently had some bad experiences with another game they tried some new "controversial" stuff in, can't imagine they want that to happen again ..

But some people just don't want to learn, keep on wondering what went wrong time and time again, but their "vision" is more important than anything else ...
  • TEKNOCODE
    11559 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But some people just don't want to learn... but their "vision" is more important than anything else ...

We have said this to you since the first tear.
  • NLBartmaN

I don't have to sell games and "controversial" customizations to get EA and investors of my back and pay my Devs ;)
  • TEKNOCODE

I don't have to sell games and "controversial" customizations to get EA and investors of my back and pay my Devs ;)

Customizations aren’t controversial to most.
  • NLBartmaN

We don't know, since they are no actual numbers about that.

We only have the reactions on the videos/trailers until now.
  • Mackstan71
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's how it goes, a company brings out a product for you to buy and use. Don't like it?...don't buy it...it can't be more simple than that. If and i say IF! a company decide to listen to their customers to a curtain degree, don't feel like a spoiled kid if they have chosen not to change their path...i'ts undoable to keep everyone happy.
    You can say that the must learn from their mistakes from the past or else no'one gonna buy their games....nope.....people still gonna buy it. If it isn't you...others will.
    This is how the game is and will be with some tweaks,updates and addons along the way.
    Deal with it or (like a good cop on 24th street once said) move along, there is nothing to see here.

So....if you like the way BFV looks and is, buy this awesome edition of the BF franchise.

And if you don't like it, and again i tell you and others...DO NOT BUY IT!!!
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

You must be joking? All the threads and posts about it since the first trailer and you still think it's not controversial? It's been the biggest story of BFV so far.
  • TEKNOCODE
    warslag wrote: »

You must be joking? All the threads and posts about it since the first trailer and you still think it's not controversial? It's been the biggest story of BFV so far.
    From a small vocal group of cryhards, yes.

The biggest stories are the wonderful changes to the gameplay and the unfortunate lack of premium.
This discussion has been closed.