BF1 Constantly crashes after the last update (07/05/18)

Comments

• MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    msi afterburner has gpu hooks into the driver. Same as any overlay, combinations of which can crash the driver. I have only steam and origin running, I disable uplay, discord, nvidia as I don't use them (although I have enabled them to test on occasion)

Ok, just letting you know I completely solved my issue. Apparently, my whole comp would turn on and off throughout the several months, recently researched such conditions was a failed psu issue.
  • madbully88
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello Guys, if you have exhausted all Troubleshooting steps as i did try this.
    Option A:
    Option 1: Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic
    To launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, open the Start menu, type “Windows Memory Diagnostic”, and press Enter.

You can also press Windows Key + R, type “mdsched.exe” into the Run dialog that appears, and press Enter.

NOTE: Take this step for each individual RAM Stick

Option B:
    If you have 16 GB of RAM,change the RAM slots to the ones that you're not using.
    I have done this and I stopped having issues all together.

These steps were done after I have tried all the steps posted here + the useless steps provided by EA Support.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    madbully88 wrote: »
    Hello Guys, if you have exhausted all Troubleshooting steps as i did try this.
    Option A:
    Option 1: Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic
    To launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, open the Start menu, type “Windows Memory Diagnostic”, and press Enter.

You can also press Windows Key + R, type “mdsched.exe” into the Run dialog that appears, and press Enter.

NOTE: Take this step for each individual RAM Stick

Option B:
    If you have 16 GB of RAM,change the RAM slots to the ones that you're not using.
    I have done this and I stopped having issues all together.

These steps were done after I have tried all the steps posted here + the useless steps provided by EA Support.

So did it work? That is million dollar question!!!
  • madbully88
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    yes it did.i played several hours without issues.

EDIT: I also had this issue in 3 different games BF1,BFV-Alpha and Dauntless, the issue was fixed and tested in BF1 and Dauntless.
  • afkmacro
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    madbully88 wrote: »
    yes it did.i played several hours without issues.

EDIT: I also had this issue in 3 different games BF1,BFV-Alpha and Dauntless, the issue was fixed and tested in BF1 and Dauntless.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy but 3 hours of play time is hardly indicative of anything if you suspect faulty memory. Run something like prime95 for a few hours. I personally don't think you have bad memory, the crashing is most likely tied to the games and graphic drivers.
  • madbully88
    i'll keep you posted.i played several hours yesterday. i'll come with updates on Sunday.
  • violentsubtlety
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    my issue is with bf1 entirely insofar as i'm aware as other games i have launch just fine. i have the crashing issue to the point where the game own't even launch at all, using;
    Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.5Ghz
    2x NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
    64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3000mhz

my problems started after the latest update entirely, and so far i've not had any luck at fixing it by testing various suggestions. i'm hoping an update solves it, as from my point of view it started exactly with one.
    Post edited by violentsubtlety on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    my issue is with bf1 entirely insofar as i'm aware as other games i have launch just fine. i have the crashing issue to the point where the game own't even launch at all, using;

my problems started after the latest update entirely, and so far i've not had any luck at fixing it by testing various suggestions. i'm hoping an update solves it, as from my point of view it started exactly with one.

So what is the result if you don't overclock? it's standard speed is 3.5Ghz , Turbo 3.7 Ghz

I would suggest stop overclocking and see what the result is.

https://ark.intel.com/products/82931/Intel-Core-i7-5930K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

Your CPU is below minimum requirements for BF V -- you do realise this ?

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/battlefield-5-closed-alpha-all-you-need-to-know

What are the System Requirements?

Minimum requirements:

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
    Processor (AMD): AMD FX-8350
    Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K

https://ark.intel.com/compare/88191,82931
  • BigF33t_13
    6652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

So what is the result if you don't overclock? it's standard speed is 3.5Ghz , Turbo 3.7 Ghz

I would suggest stop overclocking and see what the result is.

https://ark.intel.com/products/82931/Intel-Core-i7-5930K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

Your CPU is below minimum requirements for BF V -- you do realise this ?

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/battlefield-5-closed-alpha-all-you-need-to-know

What are the System Requirements?

Minimum requirements:

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
    Processor (AMD): AMD FX-8350
    Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K

https://ark.intel.com/compare/88191,82931

You are incorrect. The 5930k way outperforms the 6600k. It also has 2 more cores, and 8 more threads. Lol, you can't go by the first number there sparky. A 4770k will outperform a 6600k in this game every time. Wow, just wow.
  • madbully88
    Quick update: I had NO crashes since I changed the RAM slots.
    Also, I have increased my RAM frequency from 2133 to their native 3200 MHz.
    Please let me know if anyone else fixed the issue by changing their RAM slots.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited August 2018

You are incorrect. The 5930k way outperforms the 6600k. It also has 2 more cores, and 8 more threads. Lol, you can't go by the first number there sparky. A 4770k will outperform a 6600k in this game every time. Wow, just wow.

I never said the 6600K outperforms a 5930K but the min specs set down by EA state a 6600K is the min please read next time
    The 6600K is the better value according to this article.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-5930K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6600K/2578vs3503

At a 30% discount, the 6600K is the better value gaming CPU. [Aug '15 CPUPro]

Until you restore your default clock speeds to test this cannot be ruled out as the cause to your problem

• TimoKleine
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Updated bf. Still crashes.
  • JollyJester
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got to play for 5 minutes until I crashed to desktop again. I already cancelled my pre order for BFV since Dice broke BF1 and never fixed it. I ran this game on the same rig, NO hardware changes since the game came out in Oct of 16 but they sent out an up date in June and its constantly crashing with no news or fix. Time to go back to CS:GO
  • TimoKleine
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I got to play for 5 minutes until I crashed to desktop again. I already cancelled my pre order for BFV since Dice broke BF1 and never fixed it. I ran this game on the same rig, NO hardware changes since the game came out in Oct of 16 but they sent out an up date in June and its constantly crashing with no news or fix. Time to go back to CS:GO

Same story. Also cancelled my pre order. No communication from EA, no fixes. This doesnt work.
  • CrashCA
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA's updates seems to break things as much as they fix or add things, sad 20 months in. And does not look good for BFV launch.
  • violentsubtlety
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018

I'm uncertain why It said there that i said that when it's clear it was another user :open_mouth: , heh. I pasted my vague stats from my gamingtribe page, honestly, currently my cpu is set at stock so it's 4ghz. I simply wanted it further documented for dice and EA that it's not just a ryzen issue that people are having.

Sorry for any confusion also related to value versus performance on the CPU, as mine has more PCI-E lanes for m2.ssd's and gpu SLI. That factor honestly weighed heavily on my choice to purchase what I did back when i made the box. Thanks for the feedback though.

Also in regards to minimum requirements, I managed to run with good FPS and maxxed settings before the patch created my problem.

• madbully88
    edited August 2018
    I'm starting to see a pattern here, is everyone who is having this issue using G.Skill RipjawsV or just G.SKILL RAM?
    I know that I am and I saw a few other people as well.

In regards to the issue at hand, I have played BF1 and Dauntless without any crashes since last Friday when I changed my RAM Slots.
    Post edited by madbully88 on
  • JollyJester
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do not use G.Skill ram and having crash issues. I did not ever have this problem before the June update, hence it is the update causing this. I been BF1 since launch, never had a crash or an error until that damn update.
  • StarscreamUK
    7254 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Do not use G.Skill ram and having crash issues. I did not ever have this problem before the June update, hence it is the update causing this. I been BF1 since launch, never had a crash or an error until that damn update.

this thread is about the may update.
  • JollyJester
    Ok than this has been going on since May update, whatever they did broke my game. Crashing to desktop after 10 minutes every time isn't fun.