Ryzen 2200G with RX560 issue

2»

Comments

• spynylcracka
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    akurman wrote: »
    You have to disable the onboard graphics in your BIOS, that is the only way it will work.

As i said above, there isn't an option to do that in the BIOS of the MSI B350

There has to be, there is no mobo that doesn't have that option no matter how budget it is. Try to find on-board devices in the advanced settings of your BIOS.
  • BigF33t_13
    6445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Exactly what motherboard do you have?
  • spynylcracka
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The MSI B350 Tomahawk manual shows Integrated Graphics Configuration in the advanced menu of your BIOS. It shows an option in the Primary Video Adapter: [IGD] Integrated Graphics Display or [PEG] PCI-Express Graphics Device. You need to select [PEG] and save and exit.
  • akurman
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The MSI B350 Tomahawk manual shows Integrated Graphics Configuration in the advanced menu of your BIOS. It shows an option in the Primary Video Adapter: [IGD] Integrated Graphics Display or [PEG] PCI-Express Graphics Device. You need to select [PEG] and save and exit.

I thought you meant there was a setting that actually said something like " turn off IGPU" lol my bad, but I do have it set to "PEG" no change. Still waiting for my friend to find the time to try his 1070ti
  • akurman
    Finally got around to trying an Nvidia card, didn't go well. Used a GTX 1060 6gb and installed Nvidia drivers. On the positive side the game did actually start up with no error message. However the game was basically unplayable. With everything set to medium @1080p the game struggled to get above 30fps, spending most of the time in the mid 20's with the occasional 60fps in i looked into the sky. FPS didn't change much with low settings.

I am completely confused. is the 2200G not good enough to run BF1? the game ran just fine on my FX-6300 and even my friends FX-41000 and both of these cpus are worse than a 2200G.
  • JeemRo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The fix is you have to uninstall the vega 8 from device manager. Disabling alone won't work. Make sure you have auto driver installation turned off otherwise it won't stay uninstalled. Trust me this works, tomahawk mb w/2200g and rx560, just did it 10 minutes ago.
  • akurman
    JeemRo wrote: »
    The fix is you have to uninstall the vega 8 from device manager. Disabling alone won't work. Make sure you have auto driver installation turned off otherwise it won't stay uninstalled. Trust me this works, tomahawk mb w/2200g and rx560, just did it 10 minutes ago.

Wish i would have checked this a few days ago lol, literally just installed a Ryzen 1200 in place of the 2200G and the game runs at a locked 60fps at medium with the ryzen 1200 overclocked to 3.8
  • JeemRo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FYI they finally added the ability to disable the igp in the last bios update.