FINAL #bagfest - friday Sept. 28th @20:00 UK!

Comments

• fe7felix
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Pris de theure or however you spell it, could be good for trolling shenanigans.....

i dont mind the map rotation, but for trolling, let there be sunshine guys
  • b2tchwood
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pris de theure or however you spell it, could be good for trolling shenanigans.....

That’s a shout! Hard to dominate with vehicles on that map too
  • Chillmatik_86
    2299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It most certainly is, especially Syringing in the dark B)
    829 and counting

My preferance, 1 Prise de Tahure , 2 Verdun, 3 Fort de Vaux, 4 Amiens, 5 Ballroom for a sick dancebattle with concealed syringes, knifes and 2mm pistols
  • The_BERG_366
    1557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 9

Well Berg,do you know what a reenactment is?
    Props to @da el for resuscitating old threads but the ideas have been posted to death by other mates.
    Yet you call that irrelevant. When you decide to be the judge, make sure you have the tools, the logic, the right measures and checks and balances.

I am waiting for you to say that bagfest is some kind of trademark of who God knows...

this is not bagfest. it's simply an event to play against each other, nothing more. of course others have posted similar things before and so did people all the way back in bf3 or even in other games...
    this idea is so general that it's obnoxious to claim any "rights" on it. therefore I don't have to know anything about what other people posted before. this is not a revival... and it was never supposed to be. therefore what was said in these threads or what those events were supposed to be is not relevant now.

speaking of judging: remind yourself who came into this thread demanding that certain people should not be allowed to play. nothing gave you the right to do that. make sure to have your own stuff sorted first...
    regardless: try to forget about bagfest for now. take this event for what it is: an event of the community to come together and play this game... nothing more. thx
  • Forkbeard84
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Subscribing to all the drama.

Also, I'll try to join if possible from the West Coast and give you guys some lag compensated trolling. :-)
  • Sciolist
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    *Looks in, sees usual tryhards who will concentrate on kd, spm and playing the objective. Will still try and turn up, Ararebo in hand. Makes excuse that the three people with more kills with it have played more games. Expects to feature in a four hour video about how we lost.*

If I see you dead by someone else, I'm bagging you even if you can't see me doing it.
  • Sciolist
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

this is not bagfest.

Think you might have missed the title of the thread.

• SmokeD_BabooN
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 10

Well Berg,do you know what a reenactment is?
    Props to @da el for resuscitating old threads but the ideas have been posted to death by other mates.
    Yet you call that irrelevant. When you decide to be the judge, make sure you have the tools, the logic, the right measures and checks and balances.

I am waiting for you to say that bagfest is some kind of trademark of who God knows...

this is not bagfest. it's simply an event to play against each other, nothing more. of course others have posted similar things before and so did people all the way back in bf3 or even in other games...
    this idea is so general that it's obnoxious to claim any "rights" on it. therefore I don't have to know anything about what other people posted before. this is not a revival... and it was never supposed to be. therefore what was said in these threads or what those events were supposed to be is not relevant now.

speaking of judging: remind yourself who came into this thread demanding that certain people should not be allowed to play. nothing gave you the right to do that. make sure to have your own stuff sorted first...
    regardless: try to forget about bagfest for now. take this event for what it is: an event of the community to come together and play this game... nothing more. thx

Well Berg this is the reason why you can't and won't be part of forumfield spirit ever. The story starts with BF3 , when some randoms animated by fun mostly, set up probably one of the most greatest gaming experience worldwide.

Called by most "comp" guys casuls, n 00bs whatever, cause BC2, BF3 had a great pro scene, unlike BF4, the forums were a battle scene full of amazing threads, less moderated, stats talking free, banter etc, BUT they developed the forumfield spirit.

Many of great players in comp scene migrated to forumfield spirit because that is what defines us after all. Fun and respect.

Many of those that founded that spirit, nowadays are with angels now, players that are true legends amongst us.
    I doubt you will ever understand that, and I doubt you would be part of a true forumfield event.
    The last one, founded by Trokey, Brent and the gang, was meant to pay our respect to a man who was an avid gamer, and died in a crash accident.

So THAT was last forumfield event(6 months ago) where everyone played BF4 in CQ large maps with knife and pistols only. For couple of hours, in which i had to stay more kicking tryhards with n00bie weapons from our server. AND EVERY SECOND WORTH IT. There were no winners and no losers. A thing that you can't see it.

That's the reason why you would never understand and call that spirit irrelevant. You can't comprehend, your ideas mean nothing to us. And that's also the reason why, those who do not respect that history, won't be welcomed.

From time to time, I think you should admit that world didn't start with you.

• Prep768
    2698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sciolist wrote: »

this is not bagfest.

Think you might have missed the title of the thread.

LOL!
  • HuwJarz
    3469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This thread has an interesting history:

The OP makes a perfectly reasonable request to set up an event to bring the community closer together, with no hint of holding or animosity.
    He makes a perfectly reasonable request for a server owner to host
    The trolls arrive to derail the thread, out a sense of pure spite, stating that if it is to be an 'all welcome' event then it won't be on their server as if they own the internet and are the only people with the right to arrange a game though these forums.
    This is totally accepted by the organiser, and another server is found
    The trolls then state that they cannot possibly play, but without and reason change their minds and decide that the can play. It seems the issue miraculously disappeared!
    One might have expected that to solve the problem,, but no, there is a desire to derail further.
    It turns out that there is another issue of paramount importance: Who came up with the idea of this event first. Seems to be a critical issue for some
    Furthermore, it transpires that the name Bagfest has been copyrighted or seems to have some tremendously important IP attached to it, and that any use of that name will besmirch the memory of ex gamers in the community, and sadly, one that has passed away.

I'm sure that OP meant no disrespect, so I make the following suggestion to the OP so that the necessary good faith is maintained.

@dA_9_eL_81 - I suggest you that edit the title of this thread:

Instead of

FINAL #bagfest - friday Sept. 28th @20:00 UK!

Call it:

INAUGURAL #ACESfest - friday Sept. 28th @20:00 UK! - All players welcome (and to be clear, no FF resources or support required)

This will remove the objections to the event that exist in this thread and should keep everyone happy.
  • Trokey66
    5848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It was at this moment that @The_BERG_366 should have known.......

......he mucked up!
    Say in your head with Morgan Freeman's voice.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Allrighty then...

OP is back from the barn... My post gave me a 1 wk barntime due to use of a single word which has been said by Samuel L Jackson so many times you find Youtube compilations of it...

I will post on Monday a comment as to why I created this event and what my intention was... Period!

Hint: Some of u guys got it straight allready...

Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards

INofficial PS4 Eventmanager Extraordinaire

/D
  • Prep768
    2698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Internet police has many faces it seems but I'm sure we can get this event populated by those here on the forums.

Kudos to the OP for starting this event and for also to smk for lending his support with the server, both of which have stated everyone is welcome. Slightly confused now but it seems that certain exclusions apply? I'm sure members of the forum field would surely jump in (if required)

The term bagfest seems to be misunderstood, but this event should be fun for those involved. As stated earlier I won't get involved in the open server event but will be more than happy to join in the kolibri/syringe rounds to partake in the fun - the former just doesn't interest me. I thought I was clear but obviously some are struggling to understand.

Just incase anyone else is confused or indeed new to this public ps4 thread, you are currently more than welcome to suggest maps for the event - I believe that was the idea before it, yet again, derailed.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have ran many of these types of events in the past, one of the most recent ones involved using only the bow in TDM on BF4, trying for most melee kills in a cq game, most explosive kills in domination game as well as most defib kills in TDM. @The_BERG_366 was involved in that, in fact he won one of them @SmokeD_BabooN. There was plenty of fun in parties and Tbags for everyone all around in true forum field spirit.

Just like "Pro" players call everyone else "casuals" or "noobs", don't these casual players also call comp players "tryhards"? What exactly are you trying to say here, you are all as bad as each other. Please don't try and put across forum fielders as all welcoming and accepting because as far as I can see you are not. It has been demonstrated many times already that it is not, in fact some of the people you mentioned as having set it up (forum fielders) or involved with it have received temp bans on here for trolling and language towards others, IS THAT RESPECT?

All this bickering is reminiscent of typical clan vs clan arguing, if you were anything else other than that (like you seem to be claiming, fun & RESPECT and all that) then you wouldn't partake in such needless bull**** and if you did your comments would be RESPECTFUL. In finishing, if you haven't got my point already, everyone on here is the same, no one is better than anyone else. They will defend their believes and sometimes will go overboard with that (name calling etc) and show disrespect in the heat of an argument.
  • Prep768
    I have ran many of these types of events in the past, one of the most recent ones involved using only the bow in TDM on BF4, trying for most melee kills in a cq game, most explosive kills in domination game as well as most defib kills in TDM. @The_BERG_366 was involved in that, in fact he won one of them @SmokeD_BabooN. There was plenty of fun in parties and Tbags for everyone all around in true forum field spirit.

Just like "Pro" players call everyone else "casuals" or "noobs", don't these casual players also call comp players "tryhards"? What exactly are you trying to say here, you are all as bad as each other. Please don't try and put across forum fielders as all welcoming and accepting because as far as I can see you are not. It has been demonstrated many times already that it is not, in fact some of the people you mentioned as having set it up (forum fielders) or involved with it have received temp bans on here for trolling and language towards others, IS THAT RESPECT?

All this bickering is reminiscent of typical clan vs clan arguing, if you were anything else other than that (like you seem to be claiming, fun & RESPECT and all that) then you wouldn't partake in such needless bull**** and if you did your comments would be RESPECTFUL. In finishing, if you haven't got my point already, everyone on here is the same, no one is better than anyone else. They will defend their believes and sometimes will go overboard with that (name calling etc) and show disrespect in the heat of an argument.

Hear! Hear!
  • HuwJarz
    3469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

Hear! Hear!

Prep, we have fallen out in a big way in the past in here.

I’m the first to admit that I may have dished some out, but it’s always a 2 way street.

I agree with your sentiment above.

It’s time for the platoon wars to end and some sort of more pleasant engagement to break out. It will actually make the place a bit for fun.

I think we are good to go here with an even that could and should be a lot of fun.

There really are only a few here that want t keep the arguments going. It’s time to let it go.
  • blindsniper63
    2104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    *Looks in, sees usual tryhards who will concentrate on kd, spm and playing the objective. Will still try and turn up, Ararebo in hand. Makes excuse that the three people with more kills with it have played more games. Expects to feature in a four hour video about how we lost.*

If I see you dead by someone else, I'm bagging you even if you can't see me doing it.

@Sciolist this is what it used to be like , my last video of a series of 4.

This is what we do now and before you ask no i won't be there.
  • ElliotLH
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

A+ for the song choice in the second video. So fitting :D
  • blindsniper63
    2104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

A+ for the song choice in the second video. So fitting :D

@ElliotLH Thanks i thought the Can Can was great fun.
  • Trokey66
    5848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    100th post!