Cavalry and Melee

blindsniper63
2209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Since update i've noticed it is becoming a struggle to take down Cavalry, has the damage to them been lowered ? Not a problem before patch. Dynamite and mines not a problem.
Melee has become a problem as well, game animations is showing a couple of attempts to kill player who then turns around and shoots me, really bad last night and as i make melee vids i noticed this instantly.
Anybody else noticed this especially the melee?

Comments

• Forkbeard84
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Do you mean you cant take down a dismounted cavalry player with a melee swing?
  • blindsniper63
    2209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do you mean you cant take down a dismounted cavalry player with a melee swing?

Two seperate issues m8, melee seems to take 2 strikes and still fails to kill, Cavalry seem to take less damage from guns.
    As you know i like blowing things up so dynamite and mines against Cav seems to be the only thing really working.
  • Forkbeard84
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ok not sure about the melee issues on dismounted cav as not too many dismount after they took away the armor advantage for doing so.

Regarding shooting mounted cav with bullets its taken a lot more bullets for several months now. At least it might seem that way because they changed the healing mechanic so the instant they drop a health pack, they start healing back up.
  • blindsniper63
    Ok not sure about the melee issues on dismounted cav as not too many dismount after they took away the armor advantage for doing so.

Regarding shooting mounted cav with bullets its taken a lot more bullets for several months now. At least it might seem that way because they changed the healing mechanic so the instant they drop a health pack, they start healing back up.

The melee issue is against all players , shooting Cav doesn't seem the same as damaged they take seems to be less.
  • ElliotLH
    4131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't say I've noticed anything with cavalry myself. I killed two of them with the Howell Sniper on Fao Fortress earlier today and seemed to be taking normal damage from bullets when I was riding my own donkey in a couple of matches. Could they have been using the pouches a load or something when you noticed?

I have experienced the melee issue you mention though but haven't had it recently (I probably don't use melee as much as you though).
  • mollyfrank1
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You actually hit the rider? All I ever get is horse.
  • blindsniper63
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Can't say I've noticed anything with cavalry myself. I killed two of them with the Howell Sniper on Fao Fortress earlier today and seemed to be taking normal damage from bullets when I was riding my own donkey in a couple of matches. Could they have been using the pouches a load or something when you noticed?

I have experienced the melee issue you mention though but haven't had it recently (I probably don't use melee as much as you though).

Last night on Suez myself and Meriff tried to deal with a Cav, i was using MP18 , pistol and my m8 was using MH, pistol .I was putting full mags into him and m8 was getting Hit marker from MH! the Cav was running circles around us in the end we had a blueberry infantry and Cav helping us lol.Whether it was lag or just poor hit detection i don't know, just seems to be harder against them lately.Melee i do a lot but Welsh Blade and Bottle seems to be taking a couple of hits before enemy turn around and shoot me lol.
    @ElliotLH
  • ElliotLH
    4131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 8
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Last night on Suez myself and Meriff tried to deal with a Cav, i was using MP18 , pistol and my m8 was using MH, pistol .I was putting full mags into him and m8 was getting Hit marker from MH! the Cav was running circles around us in the end we had a blueberry infantry and Cav helping us lol.Whether it was lag or just poor hit detection i don't know, just seems to be harder against them lately.Melee i do a lot but Welsh Blade and Bottle seems to be taking a couple of hits before enemy turn around and shoot me lol.
    @ElliotLH

That doesn't sound normal to me so maybe they did get a phantom buff with the last update? The other possibility for me not noticing is that the two I killed earlier might have been getting hit by my team mates at the same time (was trying to flank my way out of a base-trap so wasn't paying much attention at the time). That said I could just be wonky hit detection like you mention as that's been a bit problematic at the moment from the look of things.

--

Melee just sounds straight up borked mate :/
  • fs2097
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Calvary was Op from the beginning, it takes way too many bullets to kill the horse but he can kill you in an instant. Only way to kill him fast is with a LMG, it takes around 100 bullets to kill him. Still OP.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kind of like this? First shot on calvary was a headshot...not upset so much over no kill but still should've been more than 14 damage total? In 2nd video, I tried to melee a guy on the mortar as I didnt want to fire a shot and have his buddies hear it....

• blindsniper63
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Kind of like this? First shot on calvary was a headshot...not upset so much over no kill but still should've been more than 14 damage total? In 2nd video, I tried to melee a guy on the mortar as I didnt want to fire a shot and have his buddies hear it....

@jmgargoyle i couldn't see to clearly on Cav but the melee on Mortar guy is exactly as i have it, happens most of the time now.Even prone guys are getting 2 hits then sometimes you have to shoot them.BTW nice shooting.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hard to melee a mortar ... they are considered in a vehicle so it is usually much safer just to shoot them in the head point blank (Kolibri optional but fun).
  • ElliotLH
    Since videos are a handy tool I decided to do some fiddling about with cavalry and thought it might be helpful to put up a match from last night on Suez* up (horse action stops at 9:57 in the video - I'm too lazy to trim it down right now so no need to watch all of it):

There are some parts in the video where I stayed still and shot at snipers or let the enemy intentionally hurt me so maybe someone can notice something different there.

This is a little clip from the other side of things where I failed to kill a cavalry player with the IMG 08/18, but shows the damage I was doing to them OK (double noob moment on my part letting my gun overheat and forgetting that I had a light AT grenade though XD):

*N.B. I know I'm not especially good as cavalry so feel free to gently mock me lol.
  • Ronin9572
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Hit rec is bad enough as it is, but headshots have been off as of late. Could be latency I guess. Sharp melee weapons on mortar players seem to be very difficult now for some reason, blunt weapons don't seem to be affected though. Nice to see someone using the Mondragon rifle, still one of my favorite medic guns!
  • blindsniper63
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Hit rec is bad enough as it is, but headshots have been off as of late. Could be latency I guess. Sharp melee weapons on mortar players seem to be very difficult now for some reason, blunt weapons don't seem to be affected though. Nice to see someone using the Mondragon rifle, still one of my favorite medic guns!

Interesting that blunt weapons seem ok, i will try tonight and lets see what happens. @Ronin9572
  • ElliotLH
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Interesting that blunt weapons seem ok, i will try tonight and lets see what happens. @Ronin9572

Heavy blades seem OK too. Well I haven't noticed any oddness since switching to the yantagan sword anyway.
  • Trokey66
    6592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Cavalry issue may be as a result of their med pouch fix meaning they are more likely to be at full health more often.

Melee does seem borked to me, not as 'clean' as it used to be.

Mind, servers in general feel a bit wonky and a 'issue' free game is a rare thing recently.
  • dcs500
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was on Sinai last night, G flag. There was a single Calvary trying to take the flag, I jumped on the AA gun and smashed the granny out of him... hit markers, no kill, he hid behind a building and re supplied, he came back out and I smashed the granny out of him again, he then spotted me and one shot hip fire killed me.
    :/
    The BS in this game is just legendary, can't wait for the next one.
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    The Cavalry issue may be as a result of their med pouch fix meaning they are more likely to be at full health more often.

Mind, servers in general feel a bit wonky and a 'issue' free game is a rare thing recently.

This^^ Had to play Cavalry for the first time in a long time yesterday to complete a medal. You can now pretty much heal yourself and your horse pretty quick by just throwing a med pack. It's not like it used to be where you would actually have to walk over the med pack with the horse to heal. The horse wouldn't heal at that time either from the med pack. Ultimately, I think it's probably a good change. Horses aren't really all that tough to kill. The vast majority are overly aggressive which leads to their death.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

This^^ Had to play Cavalry for the first time in a long time yesterday to complete a medal. You can now pretty much heal yourself and your horse pretty quick by just throwing a med pack. It's not like it used to be where you would actually have to walk over the med pack with the horse to heal. The horse wouldn't heal at that time either from the med pack. Ultimately, I think it's probably a good change. Horses aren't really all that tough to kill. The vast majority are overly aggressive which leads to their death.

Horses aren't that tough to kill? They're classified as a vehicle for Christ's sake!....I've had armored cars blow up from running into them! They're definately unrealistically OP....