Reccomend best bang for the buck video card for this game?

Husker3in4
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi all, I am hoping some of you can help me decide on a video card upgrade to play this game. I have an i7-3770 and 16GB of RAM. I cant upgrade the cpu anymore without upgrading my motherboard as well so that probably wont happen. Right now I have a nVidia GTX 1050 (no ti). Im trying to figure out the best bang for the buck for a video card. I will only run one video card, so dual comaptability is not an issue. I have a 1080 monitor so 4k isnt a need either. I just want to be able to play the game better. It runs fairly smooth but still bogs down sometimes and sure feels like a few more fps would smooth things out and give me a better chance of not being cannon fodder all the time.

Suggestions?

Comments

• GooMulti
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well, if you're okay with 50-60FPS on low, your card should be just fine. If you want to stick to NVIDIA and upgrade things a little, go for the 1060. But I wouldn't buy a new graphics card right now. Wait until next year or so, prices will drop rapidly when the new cards come out.
  • BigF33t_13
    6141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Your CPU is fine for this game. A 1060 will be a good upgrade if you want smooth play at 1080p.
  • Husker3in4
    The game looks fine and plays pretty good in SP. But in MP it seems others always have the jump on me, even when I see them first and shoot first. Im thinking in these cases they just have better hardware and that is making the difference.. the 1060 seems to be almost double the G3d score on passmark, wouldnt that be a pretty decent upgrade?
  • uz_bolderaju
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    your cpu is bottleneck for BF1
  • warslag
    659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have an i7-3770k and GTX 1070 and I just about get by at 1440p with TAA and textures on ultra, everything else low and FPS limited to 60.

The key - in my opinion - to steady performance in BF1 is avoiding FPS drops and going under 60 FPS.

I think you may just about scrape by but the game might be a bit choppy/FPS drops when there's a lot happening on screen (due to your CPU).
  • spynylcracka
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would wait a few more weeks. If the new Nvidia cards leaks are true then they will be released at the end of this month. If you can't wait there are a lot of deals on 8GB RX 580s for around $250.
  • Husker3in4
    I wouldnt be able to upgrade for a couple of months anyway, so waiting til the end of this month sounds like a good idea!
  • ackers75
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 9
    Just wait for the new cards to arrive.
    The mid to high level cards out at the moment are still over priced.
    Am sure that 1050 will be good until the new cards arrive
  • XChodeOfDestinyX
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Newegg and EVGA are having some good sales. EVGA B stock and some sick newegg deals for 1080s at 400 or less.
  • PopsicleStealer
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 10
    GTX 1060 or RX580, those are the best price/performance cards.

But I would wait, nVidia will launch 11 series in the next 30 days and prices will go down, so you might get a good deal for the 10 series somewhere.
  • ackers75
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Newegg and EVGA are having some good sales. EVGA B stock and some sick newegg deals for 1080s at 400 or less.
    Who in there right mind pays $400 for a 2 year old card?

• PopsicleStealer
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Who in there right mind pays $400 for a 2 year old card?

For 1080p gaming this card will work just fine for the next 2-3 years running games at maxed settings. So its a pretty good deal.
  • MUH_MERSION
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    your cpu is bottleneck for BF1

uh yeah no...