Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @sabootheshaman

which Aussie just sips beer??? come on man tell us the truth you smashed a beer each time you mention the word beer right :-)

True... Im deff not here to make the sweetest of love to spiders.
  • Violent_Rumble
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 - Make sure you tell them "If there's no rollout there will be no BF5 purchase from those crazy Aussies".
    And we will know if you don't tell them, we have big fluffy ears everywhere. Our trained viscous drop-bears have already infiltrated Sweden and are hiding in most trees ready to pounce on our command. :D
    Thanks for the heads up mate. Cheers and have a good flight :)
    Rumble
  • Braddock512
    1190 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @Braddock512 - Make sure you tell them "If there's no rollout there will be no BF5 purchase from those crazy Aussies".
    And we will know if you don't tell them, we have big fluffy ears everywhere. Our trained viscous drop-bears have already infiltrated Sweden and are hiding in most trees ready to pounce on our command. :D
    Thanks for the heads up mate. Cheers and have a good flight :)
    Rumble
    I'm sorry, but I had to laugh - not at the fact that this is a real possibility, but the fluffy ears part. LOL

Real talk - This has been one of my driving points with this issue.
    Regarding an update to the issue and the rollout of the in-game items, I had a few meetings while in DICE this weekend and have a follow-up on Monday (LA time - finally going back home, if only for a week before coming back to Europe for gamescom) to discuss it with our Digital Platform team.

No news yet, but I also didn't want the weekend to go by without some kind of update.

I really really appreciate y'alls patience, and I KNOW it's almost completely at its limit.

-Braddock512-
  • Zavrix1
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's almost become a joke really to be fair, by the time this gets sorted BFV will be on our door step and no one will give a hoot about in game content for BF1 or the game.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zavrix1 wrote: »
    Yeah it's almost become a joke really to be fair, by the time this gets sorted BFV will be on our door step and no one will give a hoot about in game content for BF1 or the game.

We will all have moved on to BF V by the time this is finalised I hear you.

• El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No we all won't.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

No we all won't.

I was talking figuratively

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/figuratively

The adverb figuratively describes something symbolic, not actual. If a friend invites you to tonight's concert but you already have plans with your family, you might say — figuratively — that your hands are tied.

If I said it rained cats and dogs, would you take that literally?
  • sabootheshaman
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    This has been the concern I raised regarding diminishing returns which I tagged @Braddock512 in and have yet to get a response. Im almost at a wait and see point though but is that just me being worn down by inaction?
  • ShevermiN
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

No we all won't.

Dude there might be 2 servers a night tops here downunder the day BFV goes live...... PC speaking.
  • Metal_Jockets
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OMG @Braddock512 , your still stringing people along... How Embarrassing.
  • DextrousWeevil
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't know that he's actually stringing people along as he's clearly expressed his own frustrations at the length of time this is taking. I do believe however that many here have not lost sight of the fact it's now 135 days or 4 months, 13 days, if my calculations are correct, since the problem first surfaced till today with no compensation.

• Metal_Jockets
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't know that he's actually stringing people along as he's clearly expressed his own frustrations at the length of time this is taking.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit harsh, but if that's the case he's not the right person for the job.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This can hardly be a complex decision.

Imagine one month after the event of a meeting had taken place with the right people in the room:

We messed up, let’s have a meeting to make the ANZ players feel valued.

Let’s make a decision on some in game stuff for BF1 or some credit for BFV or other EA titles.

20Minutes later - decision made

1 week later - delivery mechanism to provide compensation worked out

1 month later - rolled out.

Maximum reasonable time 8-10 weeks.
  • StarscreamUK
    7070 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    He's keeping you informed. If he didn't you'd complain, when he does you complain.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @StarscreamUK , let me ask you a question. Do you thinks that this has been handled;

1 in a way that makes ANZ players feel valued?
    2 in a timely way?
    3 Do you feel that this represents top drawer customer service?
  • StarscreamUK
    7070 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. No matter what happens there will be some who are happy and some who are not.
    2 and 3. I am not privvy to the internal decisions procedure so I cannot answer only seeing one side.
  • HuwJarz
    Like I said, this could have been handled in a more timely way. The customers might have been consider a priority, not the company internal decision procedure. I've been in business a long time, and when major issue has affected important or a large number of customers, in a good business, decisions get made fast.

Principles of good customer service:

When you get it wrong say you are sorry
    If you are going to compensate announce it quickly
    Implement it as fast as you can, but really points 1 and 2 are the key - tell customers what you re going to do about it.
  • sabootheshaman
    He's keeping you informed. If he didn't you'd complain, when he does you complain.

I don't get the point of your post. It seems to add nothing to this conversation. The questions and concerns are real without any insight into what we are getting and the time past. You paint people as complainers without any knowledge of the situation as you did not experience it.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited August 2018

I think the point is the whole exercise has been drawn out and people are frustrated. No outcome after a prolonged period is just as as bad as no update at all

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!