Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Ace-Cardd
238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2018
Bullet velocity nerf will make bolt action completely useless. You actually reduced bolt action damage and rate of fire so why you want scout to be completely useless? New Kar98k muzzle velocity is 600 m/s + bullet drag what gives us 500+ m/s final bullet speed. What is the point scout class when you have laser accurate and fast firing other classes? Where is balance DICE? Even Bf4 airsoft sniper rifles were better ;/

Comments

• trip1ex
    5214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    It's a terrible decision. They'll be worse than BF4 rifles.

It's BF4 velocity with less than half the range before it drops to its min damage plus more drop and no ability to OHK to the chest within 12.5 meters like every rifle in BF4 could. It's pretty much worse in every way.

IT's all relative. I'm sure the performance of the other weapons from other classes are also worse than they were in BF4. Nevermind there are so many other variables to consider like the bigger headshot hit box in BFV. Different game design equals different balance between weapons.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »

It's BF4 velocity with less than half the range before it drops to its min damage plus more drop and no ability to OHK to the chest within 12.5 meters like every rifle in BF4 could. It's pretty much worse in every way.

IT's all relative. I'm sure the performance of the other weapons from other classes are also worse than they were in BF4. Nevermind there are so many other variables to consider like the bigger headshot hit box in BFV. Different game design equals different balance between weapons.

The headshot hitbox is the same as BF4's. Which was also bigger than BF1's.
  • trip1ex
    5214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

Ok. And so we are getting rifles that aren't as easy to hit with in BFV as in BF1. Makes sense to me.

And aGain it's all relative. I'm sure all the BFV weapons of other classes aren't as powerful as their BF4 counterparts either.

And there are lots of variables to consider.

In BF4 every time you shot you were lit up on the minimap. In BF4 you could also spot.

This isn't the case in BFV. Thus balance which is arrived upon through playtesting takes into a different set of variables in BFV than it did in BF4.

It's not apples to apples to compare weapons across BF games. different goals, different variables, different design.

I think your posts are a case of you know enough to be dangerous.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Is it? Makes sense then to nerf the laser sniper rifles compared to BF1.

Compared to BF1, sure. But compared to BF4? No. Like I said, they're worse than BF4 rifles in pretty much every way. Fire rate might be the only thing they're better at, although I don't know the actual fire rate numbers for BFV.
  • trip1ex

Is it? Makes sense then to nerf the laser sniper rifles compared to BF1.

Compared to BF1, sure. But compared to BF4? No. Like I said, they're worse than BF4 rifles in pretty much every way. Fire rate might be the only thing they're better at, although I don't know the actual fire rate numbers for BFV.

different design. BFV isn't BF4. YOu're acting like they are placing BFV sniper rifles into BF4.
  • CodaciousMan
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rainkloud wrote: »

Meanwhile assault and medic are extremely easy to do well with.

Nope in the words of the great philosopher Meatwad "That ain't right."

Copying mostly from my reply in another thread responding to your drama and attempts to mislead players:

Differences between current muzzle velocity and Alpha 2 at 600mv

Bullet Drop
    700MV
    100m - .02m
    200m - .45m
    300m - 1.76m

600MV
    100m - .05m
    200m - .67m
    300m - 2.51m

At 100m the difference is virtually indistinguishable. 200m it's a blip on the radar but still very manageable. Only at 300m does it become a real factor.

Regarding Time to target:

"At 150m there's about .05 seconds difference in time to target. At 100m it's less than .03 sec difference. It's really only going to begin to reveal itself to be a significant factor at more extreme ranges."

Then you neglect to mention that attrition will result in many more players running below max health rendering then vulnerable to being killed by snipers who hit with body shots. That's a HUGE difference from BF4. Giving 1HK out to 12m makes shotguns and smgs less attractive in comparison so let's not go screwing up the whole weapon ecosystem because you're either unwilling or unable to grasp the concepts at play here.

nice i was thinking the same thing. my main class is sniping. I am 110% with this change. Sniping in bf1 was too easy.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2018
    Bf4 didn't have drag so the bullets had the same velocity at 1000m as at the muzzle.

600mps with bullet drag is a bit slow. You won't hit anythng moving at more than 100m

But I like that they are using the alpha to test things before the release.