Favorite DLC

BestoPolarBearo
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I've been wondering for so long, which is your favorite DLC for Battlefield 1, whether it is the OST, the art, the weapons, etcera I really wanna know

Comments

• Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TSNP for sure.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They shall not pass. The weapons were good additions and the maps were good. Only really soissons I majorly disliked. The two night maps were ok but would have been better in daylight. The second would be In the name of the Tsar only reason TSNP beat it was map design.
  • bran1986
    5871 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TSNP is definitely the best. Great weapons that filled in some important roles for each class. The maps are fantastic, you also got the St Chammond tank, the Char 2C behemoth that can really help a losing team. Not to mention the trench raider which is so fun to use. Turning Tides is probably second.
  • StretchyBlackMan
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2018
    In the Name of the Tsar.

God I love In the Name of the Tsar.

Loved the guns (Fedorov is a lovely weapon, and the others provide something new to play with.)

Loved the vehicles (Putilov-Garford and Demolition Muromets? Yes Please!)

Loved the maps (Galicia is my favorite, followed by Volga River and Albion. Maps that provide a challenge and reward those who apply tactics really get my attention!)

Loved an operation (Brusilov Offensive: God, I love that operation. Red Tide is eh, but I can live with it.)

Loved some specializations (Concealed Rescue is a medical wonder. Thank you for it, DICE.)

Overall, one of the most enjoyable DLCs I have played in a long time. The others were great, but ITNOTT takes the cake.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TSNP for sure. Great maps, weapons and Assault Tank.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    French dlc is great. Russian is ok. Everything else is bad or really bad.
  • ElliotLH
    9019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gonna go with TSNP too. I really enjoyed APOC too but felt like there was a load of missed potential there.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There is no way TSNP is gonna lose this competition. If I had to rank the DLCs from best to worst:

-TSNP (Everything about it is great)
    -ITNOTT (large amount of content and decent to good maps)
    -APOC (I would've loved to rank this one higher, as I really really like Paschendale and Somme, but for the fact that they took 2 maps from singleplayer for Air-Assault bothers me, I would've been all in for the idea of singleplayer maps being added to this DLC, but for infantry instead of Air-only)
    -TUTI (I like 2 out of the 4 maps and even then only Achi Baba is really great, I don't really like the naval warfar stuff neither do I like conquest assault as it doesn't work very well, the infiltrator is a decent elite class but he is only available on these few maps, so you rarely ever play him.)
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TSNP, because DICE Stockholm and it was brilliant.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The first two were undoubtedly the best whatever order you put them, the last two were nowhere near those standards sadly.
  • Obsidiann6
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Turning Tides because I like vehicle combat. TSNP was also good, especially Soisson and Verdun :)
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TUTI because of CQA bringing defensive and attacking sides into play, that one OST track which got used in reveal event of V and naval themed maps are my favorite due to vast size, landing scenarios, island hopping, carrier assaults and harbor-sea fortress environment. I am waiting for tropical naval maps to appear in Battlefield V.
  • BestoPolarBearo
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TUTI because of CQA bringing defensive and attacking sides into play, that one OST track which got used in reveal event of V and naval themed maps are my favorite due to vast size, landing scenarios, island hopping, carrier assaults and harbor-sea fortress environment. I am waiting for tropical naval maps to appear in Battlefield V.
    What OST track did they use in the reveal event? I don’t remember
  • lessthanjake123
    148 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Turning Tides is probably my favorite.

Overall, I think I like the Turning Tides the most, mostly due to the maps. TSNP is probably second because of Frontlines and the weapons. In the Name of the Tsar is probably third above Apocalypse just because it had more content. Apocalypse is last, but it still included a lot I really love (for instance, River Somme is one of my favorite maps in the game, and the lMG 08/18 is one of my favorite weapons).

In terms of maps, Cape Helles, Achi Baba, and Zeebrugge are amongst my very favorite maps in the game, and while Heligoland Bight is a little slow it’s so unique that I think it’s a very good addition. All the other DLC had maps I really like as well (for instance, I quite like Fort de Vaux, Tsaritsyn, and River Somme), but not as many that are near the very top of my list.

Relatedly, I think the Gallipoli operation is my favorite operation in the game. Something about the amphibious landing on Cape Helles just feels really atmospheric to me. I know a lot of people complain about the balance, saying it’s impossible for attackers, but I’ve really not experienced it being that way when I’ve played it. Attackers have won plenty (in fact, I legitimately think I’ve never lost on attack in that operation)

In terms of weapons, I don’t think any of the DLC really stands out as better than the others. Each DLC had weapons that I really like and that have become amongst my favorite guns. Ultimately, the French DLC probably had my favorite set of weapons, but it’s not by a big margin and doesn’t overcome my love of Turning Tides’ maps and operation.

In terms of the new game modes each brought (Frontlines, Supply Drop, Conquest Assault, and Air Assault), I think Frontlines is obviously the best of those, though I actually prefer Conquest Assault to Conquest and have had fun dabbling in Supply Drop and Air Assault.
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TSNP. Some of the Frontlines games played were the most intense BF games ever. And then EA/Dice fixed it...
  • Fleetwood1987
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TSNP all round for sure with Tsar right behind it.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My personal favourite are apocalypse and the naval one. All maps in those are good to me.
    Tsnp has verdun and fort crap that i could easily delete from my memory( i don't like mindless chokepoints,in case you missed). The russian one is saved by the guns and putilov but i'm not particulary fond on the maps,and i usually see that they're the death of all MIXED servers( everyone leaves).
    All this is useless anyway as i can only find good playable games on vanilla maps; dlc are just complete stomps every single time.
  • FerrariF1993
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In the name of Tsar has to be one of the worst dlcs ever made. It was disappointing.

Rather than giving us the Russian civil war which was half ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they should have instead given us Tannenberg and Masaurian Lakes for more Germany vs Russia.

Not to mention this DLC should have also featured Ottomans vs the Russians. Most people are sick of the Ottomans facing the British. We could have gotten 3 to 5 maps if it was the Ottomans vs the Russians like Bergmann offensive, Sarikarmis, Trabzon, Erzurum or Malazgirt. The maps would have spanned from Eastern Turkey all the way to Caucasus Mountains.

What a waste of potential.