Patch v1.26

MailmanNZ
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Anyone know whats in this patch? Just downloaded it today but can't find any info on what its about??

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    2178 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This is Quality of Life Update for Battlefield 1: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/150718/battlefield-1-quality-of-life-update-downtime#latest

Update notes should be posted soon here on the forums or here: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news#Updates
  • disposalist
    8766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2018
    As is usual, until *everyone* has the update, we don't get the notes... even though some of us are actually playing with those updates live for hours... so it would be really nice to know what they are...
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Still no patch notes?
  • disposalist
    8766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • Bravo-Winter
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "Players will now get kicked for being idle in pre-round for Official servers" why is this a thing? For anyone trying to fill their rented servers this is just foolishness...
  • trip1ex
    5104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    "Players will now get kicked for being idle in pre-round for Official servers" why is this a thing? For anyone trying to fill their rented servers this is just foolishness...

balance is the obvious answer.

but now that I read it again not sure what they mean by pre-round? pre-round timer is 60 seconds, but skips to 5 seconds most of the time in my experience.

Maybe they mean any pre-round time will now count towards the kick for being idle timer.
  • Bravo-Winter
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

I'm all for better balance, but...

I wonder how this will affect my habits of taking a break late round when the outcome isn't in doubt (let's say 800-600 or 600-800 in tickets) and then coming back in the first 30 seconds of the next round. Will it now kick me in between rounds? I hope not.

I used the time in between rounds to take an extended break without it kicking me.

But there are some people that leave at the end of around and then don't come back for the first few minutes of the next round and a lot of those afks at the start can really hurt a team.

It is for the pre-round though - before the actual round has started while the server is filling up for example - 20 people are needed to switch a conquest server from pre-round (no objectives are on the map) to the actual round.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wow, ok was really expecting so much more than this, really? I mean really? that's it then? this is what we're being left with?
  • trip1ex
    5104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

I wonder how this will affect my habits of taking a break late round when the outcome isn't in doubt (let's say 800-600 or 600-800 in tickets) and then coming back in the first 30 seconds of the next round. Will it now kick me in between rounds? I hope not.

I used the time in between rounds to take an extended break without it kicking me.

But there are some people that leave at the end of around and then don't come back for the first few minutes of the next round and a lot of those afks at the start can really hurt a team.

It is for the pre-round though - before the actual round has started while the server is filling up for example - 20 people are needed to switch a conquest server from pre-round (no objectives are on the map) to the actual round.

Yeah i already changed my post lol as I read it again.

Now I'm not sure what this means. The pre-round timer is 60 seconds, but usually skips to 5 seconds most of the time in my experience at least in Conquest so it doesn't seem like it will do anything there.

Maybe they mean any pre-round time will now count towards the "kick if you're idle for 2 minutes" timer?
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but they removed the pilot/tanker weapons from b2b mode!!!!!!....(But b2b isn't on the weekly rotation anymore so good luck finding servers)
  • RRedux
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A patch with a whole lot of nothing in it.

Or well, maybe they've done some hidden tweaks to undo the hit registration damage from the earlier patch...
  • bigiain
    327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They've changed the balancer. I was moved twice this afternoon, that's never happened before. Once was early, once very early.
  • Pabodie1931
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought the last patch for BF1 was two patches ago. :/ If DICE keep going like this I'll need to install a new HDD in my PS4.
  • superteds
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought the last patch for BF1 was two patches ago. :/ If DICE keep going like this I'll need to install a new HDD in my PS4.

the last proper content patch. they'll likely continue bugfixing etc for a little while.
  • trip1ex
    superteds wrote: »

the last proper content patch. they'll likely continue bugfixing etc for a little while.

doubt it. They said June was the end. They gave us a few extra little patches. History shows 1 1/2 years is the end of patching support.

• ashar_saleem121
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still no fix to the General Liu bolt action mode ADS jitter bug? Cool. Add this awesome feature but make it borderline useless by leaving a bug in a mechanic that literally all guns do i.e. aim down sight.

Also, did they fix the vaulting into prone bug?
  • TamKingski
    1785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could this be for those that sit in the spawn screen at the start of the match to get a plane/vehicle?
    If the kick timer kicks in earlier they can no longer sit and wait at the start of a game for a plane to spawn.

If this is the case then anything that discourages users sitting in the spawn screen is a good thing in my opinion. I would even go as far as saying users should only get 20/30 secs to choose a loadout/vehicle between deaths,if you take longer you should be auto spawned back at your home flag,again this would discourage those that sit on the spawn screen for extended periods of time after every death to ensure they can keep farming with planes/vehicles. Players should be playing the game and helping their team not sitting in the spawn screen half the match waiting for their favourite infantry farming vehicle to become available.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone experiencing any issues, I played earlier and it felt laggy. Getting stuck on things and reloads seems to need to be pressed twice. Could just have been that on server though.
  • disposalist

Yeah i already changed my post lol as I read it again.

Now I'm not sure what this means. The pre-round timer is 60 seconds, but usually skips to 5 seconds most of the time in my experience at least in Conquest so it doesn't seem like it will do anything there.

Maybe they mean any pre-round time will now count towards the "kick if you're idle for 2 minutes" timer?
    Would be my guess and, if so, is an excellent improvement to help games start even, isn't it?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3gb for nothing.