BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• SunnyTheWerewolf
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When coke changed just because it was a horrible business solution. But the have made huge gains by offering alternatives to diet coke (Coke Zero) and picking up other flavors (Fanta).

Fanta is an unfotunate example as it was created by Coca Cola in order to keep it's production facilities running and making money for them in the facist Germany, while circumventing the trade embargo and keeping its US customers from boycotting the Coke brand.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    don't you get it by now? their silence speaks volumes.
    this and so many other things is why I'll never pay for an EA product again

The last few games have had dedicated and rented servers.. and back as far as bf2 when I played many years ago

Facts being as they are BF1 released with zero intention from EA/DICE to have rented servers. The only reason we do have them is because the community pushed for them.

I do recall Jackfrags asking some dev about RSP in an interview around the release and he looked mighty pissed, as if Jack had gone off script with that one. To me that says rented servers doesn't rhyme with their inclusiveness mantra.

How dare you even dare to ask about basic features that give true player choice! If you don't like our god like design decisions, don't even breathe in this game's direction uncultured swine! /s

The RSP program is nothing but a recurring cost to investors/shareholders never mind the fact that it creates a long term player base, all they care about is the next 5 seconds of results.
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MrEasyUK wrote: »
    if EA and Dice can not sort out the fundamental requirements of the PC community, then they do not deserve and will not get my money.... I will not buy the game until the community server requirements are met.

For sometime now the PC gaming community has been shunned by some of the major gaming developers...especially the developers of the COD franchise who has mainly catered for the consoles of late,even though they were for PC at the start, it seems that EA/DICE want to follow their lead..

It seems now with the new COD Black Ops 4 the developers want the PC community to come back and according to JackFrag the PC version will be PC specific and taking into account the needs and wants of that platform, including Dedicated Servers..

It seems that they now see the value of the PC crowd and want them to come back, or infact is trying to take some of EA's PC customers.
    I only hope the EA/DICE take note on what COD are doing, because if they do develope a successful PC specific game that I have no doubt people will jump .

If this is true i would buy this really really quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BF series is just abt dead now as we have no rcon and no real dedis with their new games... I refuse to buy another one without at least a working rcon that we can have MORE than ONE admin working it
  • Wikstone
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    if EA and Dice can not sort out the fundamental requirements of the PC community, then they do not deserve and will not get my money.... I will not buy the game until the community server requirements are met.

For sometime now the PC gaming community has been shunned by some of the major gaming developers...especially the developers of the COD franchise who has mainly catered for the consoles of late,even though they were for PC at the start, it seems that EA/DICE want to follow their lead..

It seems now with the new COD Black Ops 4 the developers want the PC community to come back and according to JackFrag the PC version will be PC specific and taking into account the needs and wants of that platform, including Dedicated Servers..

It seems that they now see the value of the PC crowd and want them to come back, or infact is trying to take some of EA's PC customers.
    I only hope the EA/DICE take note on what COD are doing, because if they do develope a successful PC specific game that I have no doubt people will jump .

Never been in cod, but this look great.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Wikstone wrote: »

Never been in cod, but this look great.

As for COD, I started from COD2 right up to "World at war" or Black ops.. ( not sure which was the last ) I stopped buying when Dedicated servers as we knew it wasn't available.

Them days I gamed between both franchises depending on what mood I was in... Both very different games.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As for COD, I started from COD2 right up to "World at war" or Black ops.. ( not sure which was the last ) I stopped buying when Dedicated servers as we knew it wasn't available.

Them days I gamed between both franchises depending on what mood I was in... Both very different games.

CoD 5 (WAW) was the last title you could mod and rent servers for through GSP's. It was my last as well.
  • SirBobdk
    4711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Rev0verDrive wrote
    CoD 5 (WAW) was the last title you could mod and rent servers for through GSP's. It was my last as well.
    Same here. Used to play mostly competition 5x5 S&D from cod uo until cod waw. Especially in cod2.
    Dedicated servers was off cause the primary part of this. I have always only wanted to play on dedicated servers, and have never experienced any bad servers. Our clan do no longer rent servers and are not going to with the current setup. Gaming has become anonymous in some way and that's sad.
  • mrgrumpygills
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    playing in a server in bf5 today and some guy just sat there the whole round typing N word over and over....If there are no server rentals with admin tools It will the end of bf for me. I will not play a game with people like that and there are many. Current EA servers are a cess pool of immature nasty players. I wont even go in them. It does look to me based upon the matchmaking that is currently in bf5 that they will go the way of COD and eliminate server rentals...just my gut.
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When coke changed just because it was a horrible business solution. But the have made huge gains by offering alternatives to diet coke (Coke Zero) and picking up other flavors (Fanta).

Fanta is an unfotunate example as it was created by Coca Cola in order to keep it's production facilities running and making money for them in the facist Germany, while circumventing the trade embargo and keeping its US customers from boycotting the Coke brand.

Germany
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-14-dice-and-ea-exec-patrick-soderlund-departs

Best news to come out of ea in years. Ea leadership is starting to crumble now. This is the second ea official to lose his position. It is a shame it was not sooner. This means bfv will be a bad game. This man the next one might not be.
  • Jaskaman
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    playing in a server in bf5 today and some guy just sat there the whole round typing N word over and over....If there are no server rentals with admin tools It will the end of bf for me. I will not play a game with people like that and there are many. Current EA servers are a cess pool of immature nasty players. I wont even go in them. It does look to me based upon the matchmaking that is currently in bf5 that they will go the way of COD and eliminate server rentals...just my gut.

I noticed that too. You can really see that there are no admins in BF V alpha. We need admin controlled BF V servers at the launch... I forgot how annoying is to play in official servers :(
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I thought that was "Black Ops III" but the tools were basically delayed until just before the next-game was released or something and thus there wasn't as much of an impact as there could've been...

Just looking/searching for the subject on the Subreddit for COD:BO4, there's some talk of utilizing the already existing infrastructure of "Battle.Net" in order to support mods and custom maps. (Starcraft 2 already utilizes this for things like maps, cosmetic mods, and entire game-modes... even having some sort of paid-mod-system (though I remain sort of "iffy" on that aspect as paid-mods require some strict curation))..
  • CptMIFF
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any news regarding rental server / dedicated servers?
    Tried to start a BF1 community in Norway before launch, got the forum and domain name and so on. Ready to rent 2-3 servers.
    Didnt get any good feedback regarding rental then either. Its so weird that they keep doing this. There has to be someone noticing that people are mad regarding this.

I loved how BF4 was in the "end" with the pbbans and so on. Most admins would react fast and ban / kick.

• Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2018
    Sadly i think the only answer is to turn to the smaller studios. Its a business yes, but DICE was once a small studio who made games with the intent to be fun. They were once a developer who didn't hold profit above everything...those days are gone. Didn't buy BF1 and wont buy BF5 sadly. Unless there is a crazy about face and they go back to how it was (not gonna happen).

Side note, on that COD video... i didn't watch every second.. I didn't see or hear anything about server control... having dedicated servers is marketing speak these days without having the details on what you can do with this magical unicorn dedicated server.....I honestly call BS. I bet its worthless just like RSP.
  • Axlerod1
    what BFV should have been

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    It's sad the way things are going with EA / DICE. I think dedicated servers are a thing of the past when it comes to the BF series.

I will fondly remember the days when you could play on a dedicated server run by great Admins where you could have a laugh. I used to frequent one particular server back in the BC2 days and eventually became a clan member playing in various BF3 & BF4 scrims and building up a great rapport with other team members.

Now the sense of community has all but vanished from the BF series. I think DICE forgot what made their games strong and what gives its games longevity.

Unfortunately BF V is destined to fade as quickly as BF1...

• Jaskaman
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    what BFV should have been

Does that game has dedicated servers?