Weekly BF

The don't like it don't buy it guy Patrick Soderlund has left Electronic Arts

MigueTK
679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Title pretty much says it all, the design officer at EA, who worked his way up from DICE, has been fired. Maybe this is a sign of his comments actually being bad PR and its impact on the supposedly low pre orders as a result. I just thought this was interesting, what do you guys think? Does this mean EA will listen to its core audience? Do you think this bodes well for the future of BFV?

News link

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess people didn't buy it enough after all.
  • Zviko0
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What do I think? I loled when I read this because that's exactly what I said in that thread weeks ago. If my employee says something like that desevres nothing better. Completely against marketing logic...
  • RRedux
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm not pre-ordering because I am worried they will screw up bf5 like they did battlefront 2.

The game itself can be great, but if all the factors surrounding the actual game (like servers, anti-cheats, microtransactions etc) turns out to be bad then I won't bother.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    It is possible. Pretty ironic though.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just want to see a roadmap and RSP information, gamescom is their last hope to drum up hype which for some reason the uber fans have been saying wait for the hype after the trailer to E3 and now gamescom lol
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good. Can't talk to people who pay your big, fat wages like that.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    not surprised.

In April he switched positions in the company:

"Electronic Arts on Thursday detailed a number of changes in the company’s executive team, including shifting Patrick Söderlund, the company’s head of worldwide studios, to the new role of chief design officer, where he “will be responsible for delivering next-generation game designs, driving our marketing teams on creative content and meta-game experiences, and approving innovations with our central technology teams that will transform gaming,” according to a letter from EA CEO Andrew Wilson released to press."

That already had me wondering where he was going within the company.

• x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Where does it say he was fired? All I've seen is he decided to leave (which could be a myriad of reasons.)
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2018
    He wasn't fired. He left on his own and manage an snag 20 million is stock options when he threatened to leave earlier. So he is literally laughing all the way to the bank...Well played mr. Soderlund

Source..
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-gave-outgoing-exec-patrick-soderlund-a-20-milli/1100-6461170/
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    MigueTK wrote: »
    I just thought this was interesting, what do you guys think?

I think it should have been posted in Off topic as this specifically has nothing to do with BFV, Or any of the other BF titles.

/Locked due to off topic.
This discussion has been closed.