Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14024 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    OMG @Braddock512 , your still stringing people along... How Embarrassing.

I don't believe there's much he can do until the teams he works with gives him the green light to announce that the compensatory package is ready to be rolled out.

Red tape is everywhere and literally in every industry, not just gaming.

Red tape also slows things down.. a lot.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't believe there's much he can do until the teams he works with gives him the green light to announce that the compensatory package is ready to be rolled out.

And just imagine how long this would take if it was worldwide not just a fraction of a percentage of your whole player base......
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14024 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2018

And just imagine how long this would take if it was worldwide not just a fraction of a percentage of your whole player base......

Probably the same amount of time really, That said.. At least he is putting out regular updates as best he can despite the red tape tying his hands.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

Probably the same amount of time really, That said.. At least he is putting out regular updates as best he can despite the red tape tying his hands.

How would you know this as you are a volunteer and not an EA employee? You would not be privy to these internal procedures.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited August 2018

How would you know this as you are a volunteer and not an EA employee? You would not be privy to these internal procedures.

Just common sense, there's red tape everywhere you go.

For instance, my rent was overpaid and it took them 2 months to get the red tape cleared for me to get a refund on it.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • StarscreamUK
    7482 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    He's keeping you informed. If he didn't you'd complain, when he does you complain.

I don't get the point of your post. It seems to add nothing to this conversation. The questions and concerns are real without any insight into what we are getting and the time past. You paint people as complainers without any knowledge of the situation as you did not experience it.

I was answering

I was using mobile data and it was sporadic hence the delay and inbetween posts.
  • Shaun_Belligero
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unless whatever EA brings to the table is something worth while for BFV then there's no point in this thread evening continuing. Honestly who wants BF1 loot boxes or double XP or whatever else you can throw at BF1? I feel EA might be stringing us along due to BFV..which might be good...or could be terrible...probably the latter but we will see...maybe.

Good chance there won't be many servers running in BF1 once BFV comes out - My server won't be up on BF1 once released and depending on what server management tools I get with BFV will depend if I have a server on V so a "Sorry we are terrible" gift from EA for BF1 would be pointless.

All this talk about red tap is I'm sorry bollocks. I work for a company x100 bigger and far more complex then EA and yet I have no problem picking up the phone to someone in Germany, Switzerland, America etc and getting a result within say 2 - 5 business days regardless of what department I need to work with. If the community manager has this much trouble influencing a decision then what is the real worth of the job title?
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep. The posts about red tape/big corporations being slow are generalisations and frankly just condescending as you are talking down to the community like they don’t know how the corporate world works so please stop it as it’s just an excuse. It also contradicts what individuals have said about not being EA representatives.
  • m1k3ol
    861 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    If the community manager has this much trouble influencing a decision then what is the real worth of the job title?

Uh?

Community management is exactly what he is doing on this thread...

Any decision is precisely not in his hands, nor part of his "influence" with the team...
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    If the community manager has this much trouble influencing a decision then what is the real worth of the job title?

Uh?

Any decision is precisely not in his hands, nor part of his "influence" with the team...
    m1k3ol wrote: »

Uh?

Not sure if anyone knows what his PD is. Clearly you don’t as you’re not an employee either. A lot of assumptions from all really.
  • Braddock512
    1514 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    We're testing the roll-out tomorrow.

Once we've confirmed on a few test accounts that the roll-out completed and successfully granted the in-game items, we'll confirm gameplay and the items in the in-game inventory. Once successful on all fronts, we'll proceed with the mass roll-out.

-Braddock512-
  • sabootheshaman
    Any reason that if you are at this point we are not told what the compensation is? I’m pretty concerned that @Braddock512 seems to be ignoring several people’s questions regarding diminished returns.

It genuinely feels pretty worthless now for in game rewards for a game that will have a sequel in 2 months as well as likely a beta even sooner. I’m calling shenanigans on this now as I just can’t believe it actually takes this long to achieve a simple compensation plan as we’ve seen CTE/quality of life changes that are actual gameplay based go through quicker.

Clearly the APAC community is not valued. Clearly community concerns are being ignored by @Braddock512 the “Community Manager”.
  • maximus-k1
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If this wraps up with some in-game items right before the transition to BFV then I'm going to have a big ol' laugh. The real gift here is what we've learned about EA and how it views the playerbase.
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I seriously think that zero compensation would cause less of an uproar than some useless in game garbage for BF1.
  • Shaun_Belligero
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ha EA testing things before roll out...you don't even do that with patches...
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is still going? oh ship.. Would be funny if the compensation is something in BF1 in game lol , i have only played about twice in the last 3-4 weeks.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited August 2018
    This thread is still going? oh ship.. Would be funny if the compensation is something in BF1 in game lol , i have only played about twice in the last 3-4 weeks.

I am not sure what you are meaning but if read the thread this is exactly what EA are doing.. Just read 6 posts above by Braddock512 he says this is the compensation package. You may laugh your head off now.

• SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I am not sure what you are meaning but if read the thread this is exactly what EA are doing.. Just read 6 posts above by Braddock512 he says this is the compensation package. You may laugh your head off now.

Yeah i skimmed through it and got that impression but wasn't sure if that was 100%. Pretty funny. Wait until everyone is bored of the game and its about to die off to give us something..
    I actually wasn't as upset about this whole issue as many seemed to be but yeah, can see why not everyone rushed out and pre ordered BFV..
This discussion has been closed.