Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• CodaciousMan
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    personally i prefer more bullet drop and less velocity on snipers. I like the challenge it brings with lining up a perfect shot. I feel like the fun of sniping is taken away when I do not have to worry about leading my target or bullet drop. sniping in bf3/4 was perfect for me.

Sniping in the first closed alpha appeared to be too strong in my opinion, most of the sniping gameplay i watched involved very little leading/ accounting for bullet drop. I'm not sure if the second closed alpha is too much of a nerf or not but it seems to me the lack of health regen will have a big effect on the power of sniping in battlefield so a nerf of sniping from the first closed alpha was needed.

My main class is recon by the way... I love sniping but i hated it in bf1..
  • CptMIFF
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Those people will not stop until assault with fully automatic weapons is the only viable and playable class. They don't need anything else, they don't need to grow skill, they don't need any sort of balancing. It's all about "traaatttttta and everyone on screen is dead".

The skill of BF1 sniping? In BF1 play mostly assault because I like to take objectives, sitting on a hill with a laserscope doesnt always add very much to the game.
    Which is a problem in BF1, now everyone is running LMGs and Snipers because its almost easier.

As people mentioned earlier, its a support class, but I think mainly map design are problematic in BF1, hoping for a bit different map styles in BF V.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CptMIFF wrote: »
    Those people will not stop until assault with fully automatic weapons is the only viable and playable class. They don't need anything else, they don't need to grow skill, they don't need any sort of balancing. It's all about "traaatttttta and everyone on screen is dead".

The skill of BF1 sniping? In BF1 play mostly assault because I like to take objectives, sitting on a hill with a laserscope doesnt always add very much to the game.
    Which is a problem in BF1, now everyone is running LMGs and Snipers because its almost easier.

As people mentioned earlier, its a support class, but I think mainly map design are problematic in BF1, hoping for a bit different map styles in BF V.

You can argue as much as you can but sniping at least takes some skill to aim and land your shots. What skill does assault require? Don't even need to ADS. Just spray your smg and get everybody killed or simply OHK them with shotgun. Sure thing such gamestyle is very skillful and very rewarding.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thus the problem with BF community certain people see others as supporting them but they themselves refuse to support others. Guess what you can't whine about players not PTFO when you turn others into a supporting role only.

If you really believe Scout is a supporting role then you should have no objection to restricting Assault numbers while making it easier for any one to use Scout, don't you want Assault to be the Star.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

That may be your opinion, but the stats for nearly every player I've ever looked at in BF1 still show that they do worse with the scout class than any other class. The other classes are far easier to PTFO with. As someone who doesn't like to sit on a hill and actually likes to fight for objectives and assist my team, I completely disagree that scout is so easy. They are by far the hardest class to PTFO with. I couldn't care less about hillhumpers. If we had bolt action rifles that were strong in close or medium range relative to the other classes, I wouldn't even complain if their long ranged performance sucked. As it is now in BFV, the G43 is better for all but the longest of ranges. Which only forces the sniper class more into the hillhumper role for the average player.

Which is why I hate the lack of direction DICE has towards the scout class. Low ammo means you need to move into CQB areas to resupply. The flare can only be deployed a very short distance in front of you, meaning you also need to be in CQB areas to assist your team with it. The pistol swap time and ADS time are slower, making it harder to do well in those ranges. There's no extremely close ranged 12.5 meter OHK like BF4 had. Scope glint at close and medium ranges turns you into an instant target - it's a lot like shoot at the orange Dorito, except it's the bright white flashlight shining at you instead. On the other side of the range spectrum, your bullets drop off to 55 damage (51 on a limb hit) at a mere 60 meters, and bullet drop is significantly higher than any BF game in the history of the entire series. You no longer have an exclusive accuracy at long range advantage due to no RBD. And unrelated to the scout class specifically, you can currently automatically regenerate way too much health over way too short of a period of time. It wouldn't be too big of a deal that your bullets only do 55 damage beyond 60 meters if the enemy couldn't get behind cover for 3 seconds and already survive a 2nd shot. It's as if the min damage is balanced as though there was zero automatic health regen, but that's not the case.

And if the class is just meant to be a support role, then the points you receive for spotting the enemy with the spotting scope, spotting with the spotting flare, friendly spawns on your spawn beacon, and assisting your teammates with kills needs to be drastically increased. You can heal or revive one friendly player and score more points than you get from teammates killing 3 or 4 enemies that you've spotted for them while also playing a strong PTFO combat class. Even assist counts as kills are only worth 20 points on top of the damage you did. Playing scout (recon) as a support role in BF4 for example was actually rewarding. I could spend the whole match flying around in the MAV relaying enemy positions to my team and actually score well by doing so thus making my impact on the team effort clear.
  • disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wonder if they will give the recon class un-scoped bolt action rifles and put the damage and velocity back up somewhere sensible for them?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You can argue as much as you can but sniping at least takes some skill to aim and land your shots. What skill does assault require? Don't even need to ADS. Just spray your smg and get everybody killed or simply OHK them with shotgun. Sure thing such gamestyle is very skillful and very rewarding.

I can attest with my over 40 service stars on the MP-18 Trench (a supposedly 'terrible' SMG) that running around as an Assault without even aiming down your sights is much easier than most other playstyles ... you do take some risks, such as people sitting in corners with shotguns, or tanks you didn't expect, or getting caught out in the open, but on a lot of maps, aggressively pushing with an SMG can work absurdly well, and a lot of the time, it isn't even that hard to pull off.

Sniping seems easier because a lot of snipers just sit far away from the objectives. This playstyle has less stress, and allows one to take their time to get a kill, but I can guarantee that a guy pushing with an SMG will get more kills, at a faster rate, and with greater ease. This also works with fast-firing/high DPS LMGs.

For crying out loud, my 'tryhard mode' is either an MP-18 Trench or Support loadout that switches between the Chauchat, BAR, Burton, LMG 08/18 and the Madsen.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    The only thing that's really easier with sniping is stacking your KDR, but who cares about that if you're an objective focused player? Your 10 kills and 1 death don't do much for the team. Even if you're scoring 40+ kills... who cares if you're not fighting for the objective? You can easily get that many kills with assault too and be on the objectives.

My "tryhard mode" is just the typical SMG 08/18 or more recently the Burton LMR in BF1. If I need more range I'll use the LMG 08/18. They're so easy to do well with. Otherwise, when I want a more fun and involved gameplay, I use the Vetterli Carbine, Arisaka Patrol, Martini-Henry Infantry, or SMLE Carbine. I flip between those 4 often.
  • trip1ex
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

What skill does it take to shoot an Assault troop from 100+m away as a Sniper when they can't even fire back at you? None.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    What skill does it take to shoot an Assault troop from 100+m away as a Sniper when they can't even fire back at you? None.

Try constantly landing 100+m shots and we will talk.
  • Sixclicks
    edited August 2018
    Moot point since you can shoot back 100m away as assault in BFV. Just tapfire away and watch as they miss you due to flinching when they're hit.
  • trip1ex
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

lol. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Don't act like you can't land 100m shot after 100m shot in BF1.
  • trip1ex
    edited August 2018
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Moot point since you can shoot back 100m away as assault in BFV. Just tapfire away and watch as they miss you due to flinching when they're hit.

YOu just were talking about BF1.

In BFV it would be sniping anyone with an smg.
  • llPhantom_Limbll

lol. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Don't act like you can't land 100m shot after 100m shot in BF1.

Not everyone can do that. Most of those "god damn snipers" can't.
  • trip1ex

Not everyone can do that. Most of those "god damn snipers" can't.

I think they can. I get killed all the time by low level snipers. IT's not hard to point the mouse and press a button.
  • disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2018
    The flinch *is* horrendous. i thought it was some kind of lag/FPS bug. That's what it felt like. Like I'd get hit and suddenly my aim teleports to 20 feet away. Just horrible. And people complained about supporession before. The flinch is 1000% worse.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I can attest with my over 40 service stars on the MP-18 Trench (a supposedly 'terrible' SMG) that running around as an Assault without even aiming down your sights is much easier than most other playstyles ... you do take some risks, such as people sitting in corners with shotguns, or tanks you didn't expect, or getting caught out in the open, but on a lot of maps, aggressively pushing with an SMG can work absurdly well, and a lot of the time, it isn't even that hard to pull off.

Sniping seems easier because a lot of snipers just sit far away from the objectives. This playstyle has less stress, and allows one to take their time to get a kill, but I can guarantee that a guy pushing with an SMG will get more kills, at a faster rate, and with greater ease. This also works with fast-firing/high DPS LMGs.

For crying out loud, my 'tryhard mode' is either an MP-18 Trench or Support loadout that switches between the Chauchat, BAR, Burton, LMG 08/18 and the Madsen.

Case in point. I was going to play Scout; good thing I didn't. Ended the match 48-8 and never once got killed by a Scout on an apparent open map were scouts just "rack up kills"

Obviously some because since beta you can do the Serpentine bunny hop move and avoid being shot by a Scout who is 100m. Even just changing direct of your run in a casual manner can also do the same thing.

How is clicking a mouse with the Scout class any different to clicking the mouse as any other class?
  • trip1ex
    crabman169 wrote: »

Obviously some because since beta you can do the Serpentine bunny hop move and avoid being shot by a Scout who is 100m. Even just changing direct of your run in a casual manner can also do the same thing.

How is clicking a mouse with the Scout class any different to clicking the mouse as any other class?

Assault can't shoot back at distance. That's how it is different. You're also sitting safely behind your team.