Battlefield V pre orders are weak

Comments

  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

    Admitting you just overreacted at the reveal is much better than listing these BS metrics that need to be met to justify your purchase.

    I did not overreact, nothing has changed, the same crap is still in the videos only better hidden and no longer put in everyones face.

    The only thing that did change was the much better colors and lightning, no longer Fortnite bright.
    Post edited by NLBartmaN on
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

    Admitting you just overreacted at the reveal is much better than listing these BS metrics that need to be met to justify your purchase.

    I did not overreact, nothing has changed, the same crap is still in the videos only better hidden and no longer put in everyones face.

    The only thing that did change was the much better colors and lightning, no longer Fortnite bright.

    Contrary to popular belief; the Sun and colours did exist back in the 1930s and 40s
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    You got suprised by that? Between BF3 and BF1/BF5 is a huge difference. DICE decided to follow a COD style of casual gaming. They lost many fans with that. Especially on the PC side.

    BF3 for me was a game with competences. Trying to get better every day so you could feel you really accomplished something.
    BF1 for me is a game where you just roll in and start killing people without even trying hard. This turned out in to a boring mess very fast.
    BF5 just looks exactly the same as BF1. They did a little bit more make up, putted WW2 in to their title and here you go a ''new'' game. Nah,
    thats not true. Its not a ''new'' game. It is only a continuation of the previous game without any form of innovation.


    This is also normal since a new game is being marketed after just two years while there is an age of 6 years between BF2 and BF3.

    Wait I thought bf1 was too hard for you with all the medics and supports and patches?

    Hmmm

    Ummm bf2142, Bad Company, Bad Company 2

    Bf4-bf1(3 years) has been the longest time between battlefield tiles whilst technically 2 years with hardline though it wasn't made by Dice so I have to let it slide.

    How is your little fairyland you live in? Sounds blissfully ignorant to everything; wait are you Faith from Far Cry 5 and bathe in bliss everyday?

    There is no reason to troll. I just place my opinion here about how i see it.

    BF4 is technically like BF3. And so BF5 is like BF1 with little adjustments.

    BFBC2 basically has nothing to do with BF2. Two totally different games. You have to take the line between the main battlefield series. BF3 brought a complete innovation over BF2. Of course the technology and possibilities increasing, but we are not seeing these innovation changes in BF1 or BF5. I also do not understand what position you are trying to defend since it is very clear that BF1 is not a success at all. I just want the players to protest. DICE just does not listen to the community.

    I'm not trolling; I'm trying to get through to you because you're still blissfully ignorant.

    Bf5 is just bf1with little adjustments? I do emplore you (even though you won't do it and will continue to stay ignorant) look up footage from the trailers and Alpha and play the upcoming beta and tell me it's just bf1 with a few tweaks.

    Umm you said so yourself bf2 - bf3 was 6 years.

    Bf2 used the refractor engine and as much as you don't want to admit it bad company is part of the battlefield franchise. With Bad Company came the frostbite engine that bf3 uses and so does bf1/v.

    Bfv is certainly innovating alot from bf1 but again you are too ignorant to see that and spout off about bf2 vs bf3 instead (like really?)

    I'm defending anything expect maybe this forum from your blind ignorantance and total bs. Bf1 is the second most successful battlefield to date.

    (Some) Players are protesting about actual issues not running crying to forum when they get outplayed and demanding that be nerfed into the grouo because they are a scrub (which plenty do including yourself).

    Dice does actually listen though sometimes in the case of ttk 2.0 to the wrong people. You may think they don't listen to you but that's because they shouldn't either. You have zero clue what you even preach most of the time. You cry over the Medic and support classes yet claim you're the best sniper etc.
    crabman169 wrote: »
    You got suprised by that? Between BF3 and BF1/BF5 is a huge difference. DICE decided to follow a COD style of casual gaming. They lost many fans with that. Especially on the PC side.

    BF3 for me was a game with competences. Trying to get better every day so you could feel you really accomplished something.
    BF1 for me is a game where you just roll in and start killing people without even trying hard. This turned out in to a boring mess very fast.
    BF5 just looks exactly the same as BF1. They did a little bit more make up, putted WW2 in to their title and here you go a ''new'' game. Nah,
    thats not true. Its not a ''new'' game. It is only a continuation of the previous game without any form of innovation.

    This is also normal since a new game is being marketed after just two years while there is an age of 6 years between BF2 and BF3.
    Wait I thought bf1 was too hard for you with all the medics and supports and patches?

    Hmmm

    Ummm bf2142, Bad Company, Bad Company 2

    Bf4-bf1(3 years) has been the longest time between battlefield tiles whilst technically 2 years with hardline though it wasn't made by Dice so I have to let it slide.

    How is your little fairyland you live in? Sounds blissfully ignorant to everything; wait are you Faith from Far Cry 5 and bathe in bliss everyday?
    There is no reason to troll. I just place my opinion here about how i see it.

    BF4 is technically like BF3. And so BF5 is like BF1 with little adjustments.

    BFBC2 basically has nothing to do with BF2. Two totally different games. You have to take the line between the main battlefield series. BF3 brought a complete innovation over BF2. Of course the technology and possibilities increasing, but we are not seeing these innovation changes in BF1 or BF5. I also do not understand what position you are trying to defend since it is very clear that BF1 is not a success at all. I just want the players to protest. DICE just does not listen to the community.
    "BF1 is not a success at all". *giggle*.

    "I just want the players to protest". We would, but we're all busy having fun playing BF1, which is better than BF4, which was better than BF3, which I barely remember except to remember I preferred BF4 and any further back than that I just don't really remember except that I enjoyed every BF, but enjoyed moving on to the next.

    Maybe you should just let go and enjoy moving on.

    It is not a success in my eyes. I also know that a lot of people agree with this because the reason for the low pre-orders actually have nothing to do with the bad trailer that DICE introduced first. It has to do with the fact that most gamers know that BF5 will simply be the same game but with a different cover. Most people know that DICE will screw up the TTK after every update like they did in BF1. Most people know that the games will be just like BF1 very unbalanced. In the past, we have often been fooled by developers. Developers doesnt really care about the community because they know that thousands of new gamers come every year.

    I have no fun at all in BF1. Recently there were discussions about how people leave the game after two or three rounds because it quickly gets boring. Its also logical if you mix competitive gamers with casual gamers.

    DICE made the biggest mistake by moving BF towards COD.

    Well guess what? That's your blind eyes.

    So you know the exact reason why preorders are "low"? So it's not people waiting for the beta to see if they'll like it or waiting till after launch for a sale or people who are getting premiuer access (including the youtubers overloards) who won't need to purchase the game in the first place or people finally putting their money where their mouth is and not preordering an EA title ike they have been preaching for years or maybe it's the mass of other games people are interested in and they just don't know what to get yet or if they can afford to.

    But nah its people that "know" that bfv is just bf1 with a different cover art.

    RNGesus. And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

    I would love if one of the Devs came in here and replied to you about bfv. I would print screen that and frame it.

    Right now they working with the community on the ttk for bfv. The ttk in bf1 was touched once and that was with ttk 2.0 so I don't know where you pull your "info" from.

    And you've played over a 100 matches in bfv already on every map and mode and can confirmed this? Wow colour me impressed. Balance can't compensate for players that aren't good at the game. If you are on a crap team that's just how it is.

    If the Devs didn't care about the community they would launch a game and never update it or anything afterwards. They wouldn't talk to the community and organize qnas and want feedback from the community. They wouldn't fix anything or give us anything. They wouldn't in their own time do things for us.

    Can say for sure they care more about the community then you do.

    You have no fun in bf1 at all and yet you keep playing even at MAX LEVEL. I'm not even at Max level. Even though the patches are "massive" you download them and play the game. Even though medics and supports are "ruining" the game you still continue to play it.

    For someone you apprantly has no fun playing bf1 you sure do you play it alot.

    People have short attention spans; obviously sounds like these don't really. enjoy the game yet keep pushing themselves to play it for some reason. If they dont like it just stop playing. Is it that hard?

    I don't get your competitive gamers vs casual gamers line; that's every single game. Without casual gamers the competitive gamers would struggle to play the game let alone actually want to vs other like minded players.

    Have you played a call of duty? They only thing they share is sometimes the settings but other than that they are both arcade fps games. That's it. Bad company was the apparent move to cod and yet its still completely different

  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »

    So you are going to buy the game?

    Hmmmmmmmmm

    I will give the Beta a try .. AND If I like it, I will wait until first sales numbers are published so I have some indication if we will get enough DLC AND if I like the numbers THEN I will wait until the game has at least 25% off the price.

    This all would change if they would add a customizations kill switch/filter before that.
    Then I will try the Beta AND if I like it, I will buy the game full price at launch.

    So you are going to play it enough after everything you said.

    If you wanted to play the game you could have just said it. I mean we would heckle you for a bit because of it but otherwise congratulate you on coming to your senses and actually just playing and enjoying a video game.

    But alas you continue to "say otherwise".

    There is no kill switch for customisation nor toggle. The only thing will most likely be the player created content toggle which just shows player emblems or not (which again are more mursion breaking then anything in the actual game itself yet never saw you complain about it)

    I won't be surprised when I see bfv under your profile on these forums though maybe you will put the game under a different profile just so we can't see you actually went and bought the game even after everything you said and the stance you made.

    Nothing wrong with saying you overacted to the customisation but you keep standing on that "high ground" of yours whilst we sip tea as we parachute
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this sums it up fairly well;
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am not buying it. I've been burnt by EA for the last time.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    https://digitaltrends.com/gaming/battlefield-v-pre-order-numbers-disappointing/

    GOOD! good to see Battlefield players cautious, if Battlefield 4 thought us anything about technical problems and if Battlefront 2 made us learn anything about in game economy in a game without a season pass is that YOU-DO-NOT-PRE-ORDER!

    finally fellas seem realize, doesn't matter how good it looks from the trailer, or even from the Alpha or the upcoming beta- don't pre order! wait, let us see what the game really is going to be after it's launch!

    btw, I have played the Alpha and have enjoyed BFV a great deal minus the aircraft changes, I think it's step in the right direction and if Narvik is any indication DICE is putting great effort into the map design, most chances are I will play the game eventually- however I STILL insist on not pre ordering the game because after so many blunders I simply cannot trust EA, my decision has NOTHING to do with the cacophony of the ahem... "political" discussion of BFV, it's simply is a reaction to past experiences with EA's release practices.

    If the preorders are weak, that means the game is weak. Perhaps DICE should revert back to building games based on what they know to be true, instead of building games based on the demands of the kids who buy the titles. It's 6 minute abs all over again. If it's better to let consumers demand game ideas, then why not let them build the game as well? It's stupid. It's also stupid to inject polarizing politics into games for the sake of injecting polarizing politics into your game. I'm not going to get into my political views because it's irrelevant. I just know if you're trying to sell copies of a game, you might want to avoid something that polarizing. After all, they are running a business. The free market speaks for itself. And right now they're telling DICE this game sucks. Although, pre-ordering a game is a stupid idea in the first place, so I'm not sure if it's even measurable. NOBODY should pre-order anything unless you're going to become an actual investor. There's no sense in giving somebody your money before they produce a product. That's not how this works. That's a bad idea. You could be subsidizing bad products and not even know it. That sends the wrong message to everybody, and as a consumer you're responsible for buying things you like. Not ideas that don't even exist.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Se7enX89X wrote: »
    Pre ordered. already im bad.

    No just not a very smart consumer that's all. You must be young.

    Pre-ordered, And I've been gaming since 1987.

    Pre-ordering doesn't make somebody a "not very smart consumer", If a person were going to buy it anyway what does it matter if that person preorders vs getting it on launch day?


    It's cool if you don't believe in pre-ordering, But let's leave the "you're not a very smart consumer" thing at the door since it could be perceived to be baiting.

    Yes, preordering makes you a horrible consumer. It sends the wrong message to the entire industry. If you cannot afford to develop a game, crowd fund it, or seek investors. If investors aren't willing to support DICE in their project , maybe it's because the project sucks. Investors love giving money to people with good ideas. If they can't fund their project, it's probably because the idea's are bad. It really is that simple. If you're parting with your hard earned cash before the product is even available, you could be subsidizing bad idea's. And there's an easy proof..... Battlefront 2. That game was refunded to no avail by people who pre-ordered it. Now, they were fortunate enough to get a refund, but what if they hand't? I don't understand why you say you're going to buy the game anyways. Why? I don't buy things anyways. I buy things I like. I buy things I feel are worth the price of admission. I don't "buy things anyways" because I'm not a moron. How could ANY company know what consumers want in their games, when they're buying them before they even exist????? Developers used to know what consumers wanted , because they bought what they wanted. Now they just give developers their cash in advance, and nobody even knows what the market wants anymore. And you guys wonder why the quality is declining? LOL
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And btw, there is a significant difference between crowd funding, and pre-ordering. It's not the same. When you crowd fund a project, the crowd is voting with their dollars. When you have investors backing a portion of the project, and the crowd backing another portion with pre-sales, it allows developers to fund bad ideas. Either fund it with consumers, or fund it with investors. If you're doing both, it's because you're either not confident people are willing to invest in your project, or , people just don't believe the idea's are good enough to support in full.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why pre-order? You explained it yourself here:
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    Se7enX89X wrote: »
    Pre ordered. already im bad.

    No just not a very smart consumer that's all. You must be young.

    Pre-ordered, And I've been gaming since 1987.

    Pre-ordering doesn't make somebody a "not very smart consumer", If a person were going to buy it anyway what does it matter if that person preorders vs getting it on launch day?


    It's cool if you don't believe in pre-ordering, But let's leave the "you're not a very smart consumer" thing at the door since it could be perceived to be baiting.

    I don't buy things anyways. I buy things I like. I buy things I feel are worth the price of admission. I don't "buy things anyways" because I'm not a moron.

    End of story.
  • Blazcowitz43
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The weak preorder sales, the backlash against the smugness of the developers and the fact that several key features that are meant to be selling points of the game (Grand Operations, Battle Royale, Vehicle customisation) are confirmed to come to the game AFTER launch makes me wonder if EA would be better of doing what they did with Hardline and delaying for a few months to give more time to iron out bugs, avoid the juggernaut that will be RDR2 and have more features available at the launch of the game.

    The more I see of BFV the more I like it, but I haven't preordered like I did with BF1. My concern is that the game will come out, not be a huge success and the post launch content will be sparse and EA will let the game die out rather than invest more resources in what they see as a failure. Even if good word of mouth spreads and more people buy it post launch, it will be too late and EA will give up on it.

  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

    So you are going to play it enough after everything you said.

    I said from the beginning I will TRY the Beta, it is the only way to experience the gameplay and hopefully the customizations myself.

    And until the game is actually released everything can change as a result of the poor pre order numbers and still continuing negative responses on the things they share about the game.

    You don't have to share my opinion about the visuals of the gameplay, but don't act like some disrespectful EA/Dice devs that have left the building.

    You keep on twisting my words, ignoring my answers on your questions and try to make it look like something different with a total disrespect for my opinion, because it is different than yours.

    For me that is enough reason to no longer react to your comments after this one.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    Se7enX89X wrote: »
    Pre ordered. already im bad.

    No just not a very smart consumer that's all. You must be young.

    Pre-ordered, And I've been gaming since 1987.

    Pre-ordering doesn't make somebody a "not very smart consumer", If a person were going to buy it anyway what does it matter if that person preorders vs getting it on launch day?


    It's cool if you don't believe in pre-ordering, But let's leave the "you're not a very smart consumer" thing at the door since it could be perceived to be baiting.

    Yes, preordering makes you a horrible consumer. It sends the wrong message to the entire industry. If you cannot afford to develop a game, crowd fund it, or seek investors. If investors aren't willing to support DICE in their project , maybe it's because the project sucks. Investors love giving money to people with good ideas. If they can't fund their project, it's probably because the idea's are bad. It really is that simple. If you're parting with your hard earned cash before the product is even available, you could be subsidizing bad idea's. And there's an easy proof..... Battlefront 2. That game was refunded to no avail by people who pre-ordered it. Now, they were fortunate enough to get a refund, but what if they hand't? I don't understand why you say you're going to buy the game anyways. Why? I don't buy things anyways. I buy things I like. I buy things I feel are worth the price of admission. I don't "buy things anyways" because I'm not a moron. How could ANY company know what consumers want in their games, when they're buying them before they even exist????? Developers used to know what consumers wanted , because they bought what they wanted. Now they just give developers their cash in advance, and nobody even knows what the market wants anymore. And you guys wonder why the quality is declining? LOL

    Just one question: why are you telling other people what to do with their money?
  • jigglyjames29
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bought every BF game since BC2. Skipping this one entirely.
    Insurgency Sandstorm is looking damn good though...
  • SirBobdk
    5338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bought every BF game since BC2. Skipping this one entirely.
    Insurgency Sandstorm is looking damn good though...
    I'm going to take a look at world war 3 and hell let's loose when they comes out.

  • Noodlesocks
    3740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how many are going to be playing the game through the subscription service 'Origin access premier'
  • ninja_y2k
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was too uneducated to pre-order :neutral:
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    Se7enX89X wrote: »
    Pre ordered. already im bad.

    No just not a very smart consumer that's all. You must be young.

    Pre-ordered, And I've been gaming since 1987.

    Pre-ordering doesn't make somebody a "not very smart consumer", If a person were going to buy it anyway what does it matter if that person preorders vs getting it on launch day?


    It's cool if you don't believe in pre-ordering, But let's leave the "you're not a very smart consumer" thing at the door since it could be perceived to be baiting.

    Yes, preordering makes you a horrible consumer. It sends the wrong message to the entire industry. If you cannot afford to develop a game, crowd fund it, or seek investors. If investors aren't willing to support DICE in their project , maybe it's because the project sucks. Investors love giving money to people with good ideas. If they can't fund their project, it's probably because the idea's are bad. It really is that simple. If you're parting with your hard earned cash before the product is even available, you could be subsidizing bad idea's. And there's an easy proof..... Battlefront 2. That game was refunded to no avail by people who pre-ordered it. Now, they were fortunate enough to get a refund, but what if they hand't? I don't understand why you say you're going to buy the game anyways. Why? I don't buy things anyways. I buy things I like. I buy things I feel are worth the price of admission. I don't "buy things anyways" because I'm not a moron. How could ANY company know what consumers want in their games, when they're buying them before they even exist????? Developers used to know what consumers wanted , because they bought what they wanted. Now they just give developers their cash in advance, and nobody even knows what the market wants anymore. And you guys wonder why the quality is declining? LOL

    Just one question: why are you telling other people what to do with their money?

    How I read it is that @5hadyBrady isn't trying to tell anyone how to spend their money..he's just expressing and highlighting the reality's of preordering and how it could be manipulated by some developers..If you disagree, by all means preorder till your heart's content...
Sign In or Register to comment.