Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We're testing the roll-out tomorrow.

Once we've confirmed on a few test accounts that the roll-out completed and successfully granted the in-game items, we'll confirm gameplay and the items in the in-game inventory. Once successful on all fronts, we'll proceed with the mass roll-out.

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512

I trust work is going well, and the EA team has some good things in place for us customers, But I really hope that the server rents are really the ones looked after very well.
    As these guys haven't pulled the pin like I have in our servers that I have rented I was nowhere near impressed with the servers, these server owners keep it going through the bad times where I just pull the pin.

well done two all the server renters that keep us playing.

• b0sk1
    167 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did they ever come out and say what exactly the problem was? I know it was "fixed" and that it "would not happen in BF5", but was there any explanation of what caused the issue? What was the fix? And how the fix was a permanent one?
  • Braddock512
    1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    We're testing the roll-out tomorrow.

Once we've confirmed on a few test accounts that the roll-out completed and successfully granted the in-game items, we'll confirm gameplay and the items in the in-game inventory. Once successful on all fronts, we'll proceed with the mass roll-out.

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512

I trust work is going well, and the EA team has some good things in place for us customers, But I really hope that the server rents are really the ones looked after very well.
    As these guys haven't pulled the pin like I have in our servers that I have rented I was nowhere near impressed with the servers, these server owners keep it going through the bad times where I just pull the pin.

well done two all the server renters that keep us playing.

The RSP stuff is locked - that's absolutely confirmed. Once we get the in-game stuff confirmed working on test accounts, we'll share the full details.

-Braddock512-
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    Did they ever come out and say what exactly the problem was? I know it was "fixed" and that it "would not happen in BF5", but was there any explanation of what caused the issue? What was the fix? And how the fix was a permanent one?

Something about an upstream or downstream provider. It came across as blame shifting to myself. I don't expect any detail now though. Nor would i expect a response. Every concern I've raise and tagged the "community manager" in has gone without a response.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 so now we have approximately 14 days of an active BF1 community left in Oceania. I do hope the compensation stretches beyond the boundaries of BF1 otherwise all this earlier of being a package you are happy with will be a little wasted. I realise some of this is out of your control but mate we really are in the death throws of BF1 now with a beta so close by.
  • SNEERFULMITE22
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    I just read somewhere that BFV pre-orders are 85% less than COD BO4 .lol.I wonder what percentage do Aussie/ NZ player make out of that 85% and why? You reap what you sow ?? Welcome to BFV "Empty Servers"
    Post edited by SNEERFULMITE22 on
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We'd be lucky to even be 1% of that 85%, and only about 20% of that 1% knows or cares about this issue.
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Woo Hoo just got my 3 battlepacks which I guess is the compensation...

2 years of one the most stable games going around except for about 5 weeks and you guys spam a 75 page thread. 3 crates is about right lol.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • BundyBear1
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thats funny did you know that 85% of all stats are made up hahaha

WOW 3 battlepacks should have got a refund...
  • Pabodie1931
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    I think the three battle packs are part of the BF5 'Hype Week'.

I got those yesterday, I'm based in the UK and have never played in Aus/NZ.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14501 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2018
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Woo Hoo just got my 3 battlepacks which I guess is the compensation...

2 years of one the most stable games going around except for about 5 weeks and you guys spam a 75 page thread. 3 crates is about right lol.

Nope, I also got 3 battlepacks on launching BF1 last night so it definitely is not related to the compensation rollout.

Braddock will let you know when your compensation will be rolled out and presumably what it contains as soon as the in-game things are confirmed working on test accounts, As quoted below.

The RSP stuff is locked - that's absolutely confirmed. Once we get the in-game stuff confirmed working on test accounts, we'll share the full details.

-Braddock512-

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • TheMunt
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How’s the compensation going battlefielders? {direct troll} I’m seeing 20% discounts on BFV already (on a lazy search) I’d be pleased with 5% coupon for an origin loyalty base. Hey I could be eating my shoe in November
  • Sky_Monster
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey folks. Shame to hear about the problems. I haven't played BF1 since release, how's the Oceania community? I never bought the premium but since it's heavily discounted now I might go ahead. How many servers still get a healthy population?
  • TheMunt
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the time being pretty easy to get a game at all times - I’d say go for it
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey folks. Shame to hear about the problems. I haven't played BF1 since release, how's the Oceania community? I never bought the premium but since it's heavily discounted now I might go ahead. How many servers still get a healthy population?

We can get up to 10 servers full most nights but only conquest and maybe rare other game modes.

BFV is released shortly you may get BF1 even cheaper as I have been hearing BFV will be a flop I hope not.

I just hope EA/Dice fix up all the issues from BF1 in BFV or they will lose a larger part of the community in the years to come.

Servers seem stable except for last night it was hard to join a server as soon as I loaded in I got kicked out, this happen for some time until I closed the game the second time it fixed itself then I could join, and it wasn't just one server it was all of them.

I hope this helps.

• TheMunt
    I’d also add there’s quite a few new players so shouldn’t be too steap a learning curve initially
  • SNEERFULMITE22
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why I am getting a feeling that this is all crap and .....!!! There won't be any refunds for RSP and there won't be any "thank you" compensation!
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey all,

Just got back from Germany on Saturday evening and needed to rest after a week of 16 hours days & insanity that is gamescom.

Received an email this morning that the testing they did last week wasn't successful, and they will be re-attempting it today at 1600 CEST.
    Once I get an email from the team after that time, I'll share what I can.

-Braddock512-

Yeah cheers for that ?? maybe that's what broke the server last night. Game reporting that it was a private/unranked server, none of the assignment guns available and everybody showing up as rank zero in game.. I was nice to have a night off from the RSC but isn't this the same bug all the fuss has been about...?
This discussion has been closed.