In the back again

mollyfrank1
118 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2018
Can someone explain when I pause momentarily to look say down a corridor or street then turn someone suddenly appears where i was looking and shoots or stabs me in the back. It happens so frequently is smells.

Comments

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You didn't know about the active cloak power ups?

But seriously, try backing out of hallways instead of turning around if it happens so often. What else can anyone say?
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone explain when I pause momentarily to look say down a corridor or street then turn someone suddenly appears where i was looking and shoots or stabs me in the back. It happens so frequently is smells.

So u are pretty much complaining about enemy playermovement? *slowclap*
  • WetFishDB
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

To be fair, it sounds like OP dislikes players spawning behind him rather than them creeping up on him.

OP, over time you'll learn where they are and when to avoid/target them. Unfortunately Dice doesn't do a great job of rotating or varying the spawn points around flags prevent people from spawning right behind you so it happens (worse if you are a sentry going on a decent streak and it happens).

Personally I think Dice should consider preventing players from spawning in within a certain radius of enemies, but too late for this game now obviously.
  • Miles_Vappa
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

To be fair, it sounds like OP dislikes players spawning behind him rather than them creeping up on him.

OP, over time you'll learn where they are and when to avoid/target them. Unfortunately Dice doesn't do a great job of rotating or varying the spawn points around flags prevent people from spawning right behind you so it happens (worse if you are a sentry going on a decent streak and it happens).

Personally I think Dice should consider preventing players from spawning in within a certain radius of enemies, but too late for this game now obviously.

I agree with this. Spawning is also a two way streeet. just as often as somebody spawns behind you and stabs you in the back, they will spawn in front of you and you can stab them in the back.

Speaking of which, as you play this game more and generally learn the spawn locations for each map, you may begin to realize that sometimes spawning on the frontline or contested flag isn't worth it (as you just die immediately) so you may want to spawn a flag back - it seriously helps you and your team as you are now coming from an unexpected angle.