Anyone else seeing German servers swinging between 20 and 90 ping lately? (UK location)

disposalist
8280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
As per subject. Last few days quite a lot, but I do remember seeing it every now and again before.

I'm not networking pro... is there possible 'breakdown' along the route of an important node?

Comments

• IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ze german servers are usually pretty solid for me, always have grimness playing on Dutch servers, which is a shame as there are a couple of decent servers hosted on 'em.
  • disposalist
    8280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Today German servers are all 20 ping. Dutch are 21.

Day before yesterday German were all 91. Dutch were 20.

Anyone know what this *might* be?
  • Zooboid
    920 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All EU servers have been 20 ping for me recently, but I’m usually the only one with such a low ping. Others have pings as high as 250+ but surprisingly the game as played smoothly for me for the most part. I play between 3 and 5am UK time.
  • Carbonic
    972 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Could be lots of things like priblems with:
    • Your equipment
    • Your ISP's equipment
    • Any equipment between EA's ISP and your ISP
    • EA's ISP's equipment
    • EA's equipment
    Without a trace from your location to the server from when the problem happened it's hard for anyone in here to tell. I would say just be happy it's fine now :)
  • disposalist
    Now German ones are all 34 and Dutch are 19. I'll do some testing.
  • dcs500
    1260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My ping was spiking last night, can't be sure which EU server I was on though. Usual average 60, was hitting 120-150 on an off.
  • disposalist
    edited August 2018
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My ping was spiking last night, can't be sure which EU server I was on though. Usual average 60, was hitting 120-150 on an off.
    What I'm seeing is different I think. All German servers all have the same solid, but much larger than usual, ping.

@Carbonic I'm not sure how to do a tracert as you can't get the IP info or can you?
  • Carbonic
    972 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    What I'm seeing is different I think. All German servers all have the same solid, but much larger than usual, ping.

@Carbonic I'm not sure how to do a tracert as you can't get the IP info or can you?

The only way I know how to find a BF1 server IP is to have a third party application that can show you what IP's your computer is connected to or the Windows netstat command.
  • disposalist
    Carbonic wrote: »

The only way I know how to find a BF1 server IP is to have a third party application that can show you what IP's your computer is connected to or the Windows netstat command.
    I have no idea from the huge list that netstat gives which is the BF1 server.
  • RRedux
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not really... but I've seen a huge influx of high ping placers (100-300 ) on basically all servers lately. I don't understand why.
  • Sciolist
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen German servers drop a bar quite a few times. I've always assumed it's the routing provided by foreign ISP's as it seems to differ depending on the time of day.
  • disposalist
    edited September 2018
    This is still happening regularly to me and to other I know that play in other parts of the UK.

Today, German servers are all 96 and all Dutch are 20.

I wouldn't mind except German servers are always the majority...
  • GetCancerPingers
    6385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The whole experience is only getting worse, not only do you dive instead of vault but you now swim around on the ground for ages unable to stand back up again too.
  • dcs500
    1260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry for the resurrection, but Ive noticed something recently.
    In the serer browser I have full green bars showing for all EU servers, but now I'm seeing German servers dropping to three bar yellow connections in the evening, while Dutch/Irish servers are still full green.
  • disposalist
    edited December 2018
    Necroing again, but this is STILL happening. Today German DICE servers are all 67 ping and Dutch are 18. Unfortunately the vast majority are German.

I don't have the knowledge to trace the route and find out the issue. Can anyone help?
  • disposalist
    edited December 2018
    And even worse today. 24 German servers all with ping 143. 2 Dutch with ping 19. And those are both private. Last night they were different too, but were 22 and 19.

Has DICE downgraded their standard servers at non-peak times or something?

I'd be very interested to hear what German players see. Do they see German servers with good ping and Dutch with bad?
  • disposalist
    In a crazy switch today all the Dutch servers have a ping of 100 and the German are 20.
  • disposalist
    edited January 31
    I realise I'm commenting on my comments... but I'm really hoping someone might have some insight.

New information is: this appears to change every time I start the game!

Just now I had all German servers at 39 and the single Dutch on at 398!

Then I restart BF1 and all German are 22 and the Dutch is 100...

WTF?
  • Carbonic
    The best guess is still that your ISP or network is doing this.
  • disposalist
    Carbonic wrote: »
    The best guess is still that your ISP or network is doing this.
    You think maybe some kind of routing snafu?