keep the SWEET SPOT for scout variety

sammcool1953
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
the sweet spot feature is awesome. every rifle is different so you actualy have a varitey to choose from because if you want that one hit one kill it all depends on the rifle/ size of map and your play style. obviously haters are gunna hate because they clearly hate getting killed like this and are sore losers. it seems if they remove this, the scout class is going to be the same as all the other battlefields...boring and the same.. all rifles with the same damage, no challenge. this feature requires more strategy and skill.

its worth keeping as ive heard rumours its going

Comments

• trip1ex
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let's take the same gun and assign it a random OHK distance. Now we got variety!!!!

I never understood that one.

• Noodlesocks
    2773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should just go with BF3's system. Less is more.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hhahahahaha NO, it was just a crutch that rewarded hill humpers with easy OHK's
  • impulsive_tango
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    size of map...LOL!
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the sweet spot feature is awesome. every rifle is different so you actualy have a varitey to choose from because if you want that one hit one kill it all depends on the rifle/ size of map and your play style. obviously haters are gunna hate because they clearly hate getting killed like this and are sore losers. it seems if they remove this, the scout class is going to be the same as all the other battlefields...boring and the same.. all rifles with the same damage, no challenge. this feature requires more strategy and skill.

its worth keeping as ive heard rumours its going

Yeah, nothing says skill like clipping someones shoulder and getting a OHK.

Find it funny that you bring up challenge. Its the opposite. Sweet spot made it even less of a challenge!
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2018
    How about no.
    And please don't mention the sweet / unlucky spot (depending on visual indication) ever again.

Edit: and here is my 2 cents about the "variety" https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1254678#Comment_1254678
    Post edited by Sir-Praise-a-lot on
  • Tylytys
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. Never again.
  • Rufusw5
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My vote is DON'T keep the sweet spot. Awful stupid mechanic. Just my opinion.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about no
  • DingoKillr
    3509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So much trash talk for the anti-rifle crowd.

The longest sweet spot in BF1 is? Well within the range of LMG or SLR yet some how that encouraged hill humpers, while others class never hill hump either.

Apparently it took no skill to kill using a sweet spot, so say the guys run automatico or SMG 08 at their effective range.

Aim assist worked for any gun including 2 shot iron sight SLR apparently on rifles sweet spot is a problem.

For a class of weapon that has similar stats the only stand out differences are velocity and re-bolting when ADS.

Unless clear difference in stats are used to create variety, sweet spot is a good way to create variance while leaving rifles effective.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    I'd be happy if they just brought back BF4's 0-12.5 meter OHK range. Some rifle variety can be achieved by differences in fire rate, damage dropoff over distance, velocity, etc.

Higher velocity rifles with less dropoff could have no OHK range. Slower velocity rifles with more drop could have the close ranged 0-12.5 meter OHK range of BF4.
  • SlugSniper
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm glad it's going away because it's nothing more than a skill-less skrub crutch in BF1. Anyone can do it and aim assist on consoles makes it so getting kills that way are extremely easy mode. Keep the velocity and drop from bf1 rifles, but I'm glad this feature will be taking a dirt nap.

It is not a "scrub crutch."

If anything, it further rewards the player that knows their rifle's effective range. Aim assist is stupid, yes, but not the sweetspot mechanic. BFV's castrated sniping system is the most pathetic style of Scout "balancing" I have ever seen in the entire franchise.

One of many flat-out horrible ideas for BFV. I'm not surprised that it's already failing.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    I'm glad it's going away because it's nothing more than a skill-less skrub crutch in BF1. Anyone can do it and aim assist on consoles makes it so getting kills that way are extremely easy mode. Keep the velocity and drop from bf1 rifles, but I'm glad this feature will be taking a dirt nap.

If anything, it further rewards the player that knows their rifle's effective range. Aim assist is stupid, yes, but not the sweetspot mechanic. BFV's castrated sniping system is the most pathetic style of Scout "balancing" I have ever seen in the entire franchise.

One of many flat-out horrible ideas for BFV. I'm not surprised that it's already failing.

Sounds like you're mad because you actually have to put in some work instead of relying on easy mode to get your kills for you.
  • SlugSniper
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sounds like you're mad because you actually have to put in some work instead of relying on easy mode to get your kills for you.

I fail to see how knowing your rifle's effective range and using it to provide powerful covering fire between objectives isn't work...

Good luck "putting in work" by hoarding ammo and wasting time trying to line up that perfect headshot while you get melted by those marksman-SMGs.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018

I fail to see how knowing your rifle's effective range and using it to provide powerful covering fire between objectives isn't work...

Good luck "putting in work" by hoarding ammo and wasting time trying to line up that perfect headshot while you get melted by those marksman-SMGs.
    And I fail to see how it's so difficult figuring out a rifle's effective range. All it takes is a little research on google (all 2 minutes of it) and play a round or 2 and you're golden. Nothing difficult at all about that.

And I'm not worried about those "marksman SMG's..." I do just fine against them in BF1 so I have no doubt I'll do great in BFV. Sorry you're having such a difficult time. Keep working at it little buddy and maybe you'll get there someday too.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No. Absolutely not. "Sweet spot" was one of the worst game mechanics they ever put into a BF game. Never again.
  • SlugSniper
    edited August 2018

And I fail to see how it's so difficult figuring out a rifle's effective range. All it takes is a little research on google (all 2 minutes of it) and play a round or 2 and you're golden. Nothing difficult at all about that.

And I'm not worried about those "marksman SMG's..." I do just fine against them in BF1 so I have no doubt I'll do great in BFV. Sorry you're having such a difficult time. Keep working at it little buddy and maybe you'll get there someday too.

If you figured out how to use the sweetspot mechanic effectively, good for you.

Let me know which miniscule difference in damage and fire rate is your favorite with the BFV peashooter rifles.

As a side note, I fail to see how anyone can hate the sweetspot mechanic and TTK2 at the same time. It seems like TTK2 would have been adored as the counter to what people like you consider a "crutch," but no. TTK2 is somehow another crutch. Like... what?
  • x_Undaunted_x
    As a side note, I fail to see how anyone can hate the sweetspot mechanic and TTK2 at the same time. It seems like TTK2 would have been adored as the counter to what people like you consider a "crutch," but no. TTK2 is somehow another crutch. Like... what?
    But it is easy to see. Look at how many people are supporting the OP... You and 1 other person so far.

Apparently, you're basing a weapon's effectiveness around your abilities (or lack thereof.) That's not meant as a personal shot towards you, but let's be honest here. You don't have to do very much to get rewarded with the sweet spot outside of landing your shot in a relatively large hitbox around the chest (which most people rely on aim assist to get.) I'm not saying they need to go back to BF4's ridiculously bad velocity and bullet drop, but the OHK (outside of a headshot) mechanic needs to go. 2 hit kills is not unreasonable whether you're doing it from a little distance with the sniper rifle or the "swap and pop" method where you finish them off with a handgun. If you have trouble with that then that's a "you" problem and not something the game should change just to accommodate you or others like you.

Regardless, this whole argument is moot. DICE has already said it's gone.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    I never personally had any issues with having sweetspots, but I know it won't be coming back regardless of how much you ask for it. The majority of players hate it (at least the majority of vocal ones). I mean, the majority of players hate on scouts in general. Like I said, I'd just be happy to have the BF4 0-12.5 meter OHK range back. I doubt we'll get that either. Bolt actions are looking like they'll be pretty bad in BFV - worse than any recent BF game.