Weekly BF

Sick of Hill Humping Snipers

gleTactics_7o0a
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited August 2018
As someone who is no "newbie" to Battlefield or Battlefield 4, an issue has been annoying the crap out of me about Battlefield 4 for the entire 4.5 years I've owned the game. Now, I'm not sure if this is an issue on PC, however on Xbox One, it's horrid. This issue is more exclusive to Battlefield 4, as I didn't encounter this problem as much on BF3 or BF1. The amount of hill camping 20x scope players on Xbox One is bewildering (this issue mainly plagues Conquest), and it makes large maps (Golmud Railway, all China Rising maps, all Second Assault maps (excluding Metro), all Final Stand maps) unplayable for me. This wasn't as much of an issue when I first started playing the game in 2014, there were the odd 1 or 2 idiots camping the hillside on Firestorm or what have you doing jack all.

It's gotten absolutely ridiculous over the past year, where as even when I play Locker there's upwards to 16 players using sniper rifles with reflex sights, and it's autistic! Golmud is down right unplayable, as I can't move from objective to objective without hearing the sound of 15 tryhard snipers from 1000m away taking pot shots at me. It's even worse when it's affecting your team, and half of your entire 32 players are doing nothing! Like I said, 2-3 years ago, you had the handful of idiots doing this, but over the past year (at least in my opinion) it's gotten out of hand.

I now have to stick to maps like Zavod, Propaganda, Hainan, Lancang, and Sunken Dragon where the problem is much less present. Half those maps I absolutely hate map design wise, but it's the only way I can enjoy myself. I don't even like CQC, I just enjoy a game where all classes are balanced and there's enough cover and buildings to stay somewhat safe.

Other than Caspian and Firestorm, I feel like BF3 maps did this extremely well, maps such as Damavand Peak, Grand Bazaar, Noshahr Canals, Siene Crossing, and Kharg Island, do this perfectly IMO. Still can have a great time using vehicles, but in no way shape or form is it a wide open field with very little cover and plenty of hills on the edge of the map to aid these morons.

BF1 did this nicely do, I find myself playing that more often than BF4 because the maps are large, but include lots of cover, and trenches and holes to move around without being pecked at by tryhard Chris Kyle war shipping morons. Not only this, but snipers in BF1 push up and support the objective, using flares and utilizing their sweetspot to easily aid teammates.

Anyways enough of my rant. Hopefully the next Battlefield, (not Battlefield V), Battlefield 6 does this right.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    That's pretty funny stuff right there.
  • dawggpoundxb
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't know what servers your playing on but I haven't noticed this issue on xbox and even if their is a couple snipers that start to annoy it's nothing a UCAV cant fix lol
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 maps are trash, a lot more open than any maps in BF4 and full of a lot more campers than BF4.
  • FromXbox_w_Love
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's really not an issue for good infy players, console or PC.
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I understand what you're talking about & it's a nuisance for sure. I usually don't get killed by them, just pestered.

What gets me even more than that is all the dandy's that stroke me with FLIR sights on their guns. I only play hardcore anymore & just recently switched from a couple years of playing on Xbox One to playing on PS4. This problem seems worse on PS4. It was DEFINITELY bad enough on the One!
  • IKobi_Blade
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    On PC it always been like this (even on Battlefield 3), I among them myself.

Considering Battlefield 4 lacks CQC Servers on PC, I kinda have no other choice, running around the map with a rifle is suicide and I don't wanna engage on Vehicle Battles either.

At least on Battlefield 3 we have the Close Quarters DLC, which made the game fun and balanced.
  • tempo_rarity
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    'Stat Repairman' - the Player who chooses the safest methods to add the most Kills with as minimal Deaths as possible .
    'The Mathematician' - the Player who knows no one* will make an effort to travel all the way out to them for a single Kill .
    Funnily , these 'Zero Deaths' guys and these Periphery Fellows are high on my list of favourite targets .
    I'll get 'em for ya :sunglasses:
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Your mathematician idea doesn't work when I'm in the server. I play the objective hard, but I've made plenty of exceptions over time to travel FAR to slip up behind the ole 'hill humper' way off to the edge of the map to jam a knife into him. I take great pleasure in that actually.
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Easy defib kills