Weekly Debrief

To people complaining i don't push in the mortar landship

Gee_aai_ooo
24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2018
To start with, yes i know its a team vehicle, and USUALLY i play it as such.

However, i refuse to roll out a tank to suicide itself if theres not a single person to mount the damn guns. its next to useless with only being able to use the MG during a forward objective push.
for minutes ive been trying to tell people to get in the damn tank so we can roll to the next objective, and for minutes nobody entered the damn thing. just ran around it. so i decided to play mortar while waiting till someone finally mounted the side guns.

i got around 13 kills while sitting at the destroyed church in volga river using the mortar, helping secure both A and B by wiping out entire enemy squads, still waiting and asking people to get in the damn tank.

And guess what, 5 minutes before the match end some jerk starts complaining about ''UUHH YOU SHOULDNT CAMP IN THE TANK YOURE NOT HELPING THE TEAM'' like dude, i secured both C A and B in that tank while switching between its sideguns, machine gun and mortar because no one would enter the damn tank, defended C by my own because again, noone wanted to enter the tank to help me out, And you then still have the audacity to tell me i play bad because im waiting for a crew to enter so i dont just waste the tank ?

We won the match with ease as well, why are people like this....

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dont even worry about it.. Play how you want.

I would guess they wanted the tank themselves..

• G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Dont even worry about it.. Play how you want.

I would guess they wanted the tank themselves..
    Most players do play how they want, and some times i wonder if they think they are playing minecraft or similar and that is why when friends join a full squad / squads that knows whats is going on, servers tends to skew in balance.
    And those players that plays how they want start to cry that team balancing is faulty...... sigh.
  • NLBartmaN
    3312 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Totally get you, had the same experience.

The Mortar Landship is my favourite tank, it can attack from a distance to take out stationary guns, enemy tanks and campers, but can also take objectives when you have a full tank of capable gunners.

But it seems some players don't understand the tank is very weak near objectives when it only has a driver.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry Gee_aai_ooo but I've been killed to many times by Leeroy Jenkins drivers to help man a randoms tank.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You don't have gunners because you're too far away from anything.....dog chasing his own tail.
  • Gee_aai_ooo
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    magosnow wrote: »
    You don't have gunners because you're too far away from anything.....dog chasing his own tail.

funny thing i was at the contested C point for a long time which was contested for quite a while, as well as when i made my way to it noone jumped in to man the guns for me, so your stupid comparison goes right out the window.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get into the side guns of any tank because the driver always faces the tank so I never have a clear shot at anything. All Im left doing is facing the side of a building. No thanks
  • boutneus
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2018
    Exactly, no1 gonna spawn on ur tank and help out if u miles away from the objectives. There’s a big difference between barely surviving near a flag because the enemy team is harassing you and you have no support vs waiting around the spawn spamming mortars hoping some1will spawn on you...
    1 is legit lack of team support, the other is not. Guess which 1

Not a huge fan of the landship since a lot of gunners will waste their shots on rocks etc and will bail at the first sign of trouble. However if you are able to keep your tank alive and provide a spawnpoint people will start supporting you once they start to realize your tank is making a big impact on the battlefield
  • DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It’s a catch 22. People will only get in if they know you are good and if you are random guy to them then they won’t know if you are good.

Moral of the story - get some friends to man the guns. Only your friend knows your capability, or lack of it.

Aside, about the Mortar Landship, the driver’s Mortar is beyond visual range weapon, which means the gunners won’t have line of sight to enemies, most of the time.

And also, the Landship, all variants, is not a stable firing platform for side gunners. Bouncing tank or tank not on level ground will make it very difficult for gunners to hit targets. It only works if the driver knows what he is doing and keeps the Landship level and stable, and looks out for providing targets for gunners.

The Squad Support Landship is a much better option for the driver as the primary 20mm cannon forces the driver to be near combat, and the ammo/med drop keeps infantry around you alive.

And lastly....
    Please don’t use any Mortar tank. They are considered skill-less vehicles because of the abuse potential while staying in in-cap.
  • V2Face
    2658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are using a mortar landship highly unlikely you are wiping out entire squads with its million years long reload time on the mortar. Squad support landship is one of the top 2 variants a close second to the tank hunter.
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont get into the side guns of any tank because the driver always faces the tank so I never have a clear shot at anything. All Im left doing is facing the side of a building. No thanks

Sounds like you dont realize the landship has two forward facing side cannons that can be rotated by the gunner a full ninty degrees. Try it sometime.
  • NLBartmaN
    Had a game of Operations yesterday with my Platoon, first took out the AA guns to keep our planes in the air, then destroyed the stationary guns that were shooting at me, destroyed the enemy tanks (all with the mortar and some help form the canons for the tanks) and then drove to the objective with 2 Platoon mates using the canons to kill every assault that was coming for us, best of both worlds, I love that tank, no other tank is capable of doing that.

But you indeed need 2 good canon mates and you need to know how to place your tank so they have a clear line of sight on the targets.

But on maps like Amiens I prefer and use the Chamond gas assault tank, perfect for clearing buildings.
  • MBOmnis
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Instead of spawning in a Landship, I prefer jumping into an ally's Landship, precisely because of the situation you just described. Nobody wants to help.

When spawning a tank I usually pick the A7V or the St. Chamond. This way I have a main gun I can use and I don't depend that much on teammates.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sounds like you dont realize the landship has two forward facing side cannons that can be rotated by the gunner a full ninty degrees. Try it sometime.

It sounds like you dont understand that when youre literally up against a wall, no amount of rotation will get you in a position in which you can actually hit something
  • Forkbeard84
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Had a game of Operations yesterday with my Platoon, first took out the AA guns to keep our planes in the air, then destroyed the stationary guns that were shooting at me, destroyed the enemy tanks (all with the mortar and some help form the canons for the tanks) and then drove to the objective with 2 Platoon mates using the canons to kill every assault that was coming for us, best of both worlds, I love that tank, no other tank is capable of doing that.

But you indeed need 2 good canon mates and you need to know how to place your tank so they have a clear line of sight on the targets.

But on maps like Amiens I prefer and use the Chamond gas assault tank, perfect for clearing buildings.

Now theres a canon I’d like to man in battle.
  • Trokey66
    8380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hellriegel
    Heavy Bomber
    Mortar Landship

Is there is a pattern emerging.......
  • NLBartmaN
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Is there is a pattern emerging.......

The pattern of going off topic and trying to bait by the same person?
    yeah I think I see that emerging ...
  • Forkbeard84
    edited August 2018

It sounds like you dont understand that when youre literally up against a wall, no amount of rotation will get you in a position in which you can actually hit something

And so you NEVER try getting into a landship because this might happen sometime? Doesn’t seem like much of a team play.
  • ashar_saleem121

And so you NEVER try getting into a landship because this might happen sometime? Doesn’t seem like much of a team play.

No I MOSTLY don't get into a blueberry landship because this ALWAYS happens. Tank drivers always prioritize their own line of sight over the gunners. In most tanks it's warranted since they are the heavy guns. In landships it's the opposite. A good landship driver needs to facilitate his gunners and that rarely happens
  • SirSpectacle
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I usually have the opposite problem. The landship gunner positions rapidly fill up with blueberries who waste all their ammo shooting at the horizon, leaving no room in the tank for my platoon mates.