FPS 1080p gtx1080 8700k in Alpha

xDJ_Cas
557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2018
Guys plz advise

I want to change my pc and could you let me know if I can achieve 100-120 fps on ultra with such a config in bfv:

i7-8700k
DDR-4 4133 mhz
GTX 1080

If bfv is gpu dependant and not cpu. Will 1080ti would be a solution? I want to understand which config suits me best. If gpu will be a bottleneck then need to change it

if anyone has such pc specs. Plz tell me your average, min, max fps in Alpha. Would be really appreciated for following info

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd advise to get 1080Ti. It will serve you much longer and provide better performance in any game not just bfv.
    Also all bf games since like forever demand more CPU power.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Play The beta to get your answer
  • PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had around 60 FPS with my 8700k 16gb and GTX 1060 6gb
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Amigo as I mentioned I did not do upgrade yet. Waiting for it
  • xDJ_Cas
    edited August 2018
    Guys then seems 2080 or even 2080ti would be a solution as I said about 1080ti as a level of performance the lowest
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »
    Guys then seems 2080 or even 2080ti would be a solution as I said about 1080ti as a level of performance the lowest

Do you have spare $1200 to get 2080Ti?
  • xDJ_Cas
    edited August 2018

Do you have spare $1200 to get 2080Ti?

More likely RTX 2080. Ti is too much for me

I do not need this ray tracing. Only fps matters for. I was thinking about gtx 1080 sli, but that would be a killer. 1 card is better
  • SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Guys plz advise

I want to change my pc and could you let me know if I can achieve 100-120 fps on ultra with such a config in bfv:

i7-8700k
    DDR-4 4133 mhz
    GTX 1080

If bfv is gpu dependant and not cpu. Will 1080ti would be a solution? I want to understand which config suits me best. If gpu will be a bottleneck then need to change it

if anyone has such pc specs. Plz tell me your average, min, max fps in Alpha. Would be really appreciated for following info

If you are going to upgrade now, it would be foolish go go for the 1070/80 series when they just released the 2080 with the med Ray racer stuff.

If you want to save money, you should wait, because the price on 1080 will probably drop through the floor when they want to get rid of all the older cards.
  • xDJ_Cas
    edited August 2018
    I have 1080 right now. So I belive I can pre-order rtx 2080 and sell my gtx 1080 for now. Sure without trsts we ca not know if it’s 100-120 fps will be on 2080 but assiming all your comments that 1080 will not handle 100fps at all
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I know I'm saying the beta is soon. You'll see if you can achieve in the beta with your current set up. Hopefully it's well optimized
  • xDJ_Cas

I know I'm saying the beta is soon. You'll see if you can achieve in the beta with your current set up. Hopefully it's well optimized

Nahhh. I don’t believe DICE. I work as a project manager in IT, so it’s a rare ocaision if they can optimize such a huge product for 1-2 months. And yeah beta is a final product