[SOLVED] Freezing and closing - Exception code: 0xc0000409/0xc0000005

Iorpim
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2018
I currently have a total of 4 hours in this game, and I have only been able to play 1 match, I've spent 3.5 hours trying to make this game run, it keeps freezing after a few minutes, always with an exception code of 0xc0000409, or, sometimes, 0xc0000005; more details can be found here.

Has anyone been able to fix this? I've tried updating my GPU drivers, reverting to previous [drivers] versions, using maximum performance mode, reducing the number of threads used, limiting FPS, re-installing the game, disabling the Origin overlay, under-clocking my GPU, and using compatibility mode, all to no avail.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 1600x
GTX 1060 - 6 Gb (now under-clocked)
8 Gb DDR4
Windows 10 (latest update)
Post edited by Iorpim on

Comments

• Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What I found on the Internet is below:

http://winwiki.org/exception-code-0xc0000409/

The exception code 0xc0000005 indicates a memory access violation.

Try re-seating your system memory and testing it.
    I do not use Windows 10.
    Maybe your Windows 10 needs a repair.
  • General_MVMV
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Reapair game.. and win 10
  • research-kitchen
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From my experience it sounds like you need to upgrade something or roll drivers back on something. Just a guess but which direct X are you running?
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are you using anti-virus software? If so try white listing BF1.exe in the anti-virus software, disabling the anti-virus software or uninstalling it. Sometimes anti-virus software causes memory access violations.
  • JollyJester
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is no fix for this. I started happening to me back in the May update and nothing has worked. Its the game not your system since I have tried every possible solution and nothing works. I was playing it from since it launched in 2016 once that May update rolled out its has be brutal ever since.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    also try running the game as an administrator / disable full screen optimisation
  • Iorpim
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was finally able to solve it! The solution was to under-clock my RAM, not exactly sure why, it wasn't overclocked in first place, however, no more problems so far!
    From my experience it sounds like you need to upgrade something or roll drivers back on something. Just a guess but which direct X are you running?
    I tried with both, DX11 and DX12, but, with the latter I couldn't even open the game anymore.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Hopefully this will be helpful to someone in the near future.
  • PsiHo1988
    29 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This *** **** need to fix game, why should i underclock fabric memory (hz)
  • kockBall
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This has been happening to me since I added more RAM. I had 2 x 4 GB = 8 GB and I added 2 x 8 GB = 16 GB. So, now I have 24 GB.
    No other software is effected. No other game is effected. I underclocked the RAM. I ram memtest86.

I reinstalled Win 7 64 bit, all drivers are up to date.
    Installed most Win 7 updates. Some are failing.

My system
    Ryzen 1800X 3.6 GHz
    24 GB RAM
    Win 7 64 bit
    nVidia 980 4 GB, drivers from nVidia.

Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.57.44284, time stamp: 0x5b92a7fa
    Faulting module name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.57.44284, time stamp: 0x5b92a7fa
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000010fa1cc
    Faulting process id: 0x151c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e59ab90fe4af
    Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Report Id: 90e5779f-518f-11ea-b040-309c2328dfc5

• kockBall
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Allo guys, I'm back. It is due to my RAM. It can't handle 3200 MHz. I set it to 2800 MHz. Solved.
  • elderwarriors
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Iorpim said:
    I currently have a total of 4 hours in this game, and I have only been able to play 1 match, I've spent 3.5 hours trying to make this game run, it keeps freezing after a few minutes, always with an exception code of 0xc0000409, or, sometimes, 0xc0000005; more details can be found here.

Has anyone been able to fix this? I've tried updating my GPU drivers, reverting to previous [drivers] versions, using maximum performance mode, reducing the number of threads used, limiting FPS, re-installing the game, disabling the Origin overlay, under-clocking my GPU, and using compatibility mode, all to no avail.

My specs:
    Ryzen 5 1600x
    GTX 1060 - 6 Gb (now under-clocked)
    8 Gb DDR4
    Windows 10 (latest update)

If it was me I would run out and grab another 8g DDR4 memory stick and whack it in. Then I bet your problems will go away.

Like that other guy said a "memory access violation"