What are the top weapons

InstinctivE52
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2018
Hello I bought this game recently and I was wondering what are the best guns in the game for each class. I know it all comes down mostly to personal preference but could you tell me your favorite weapons? Thanks :)
Post edited by InstinctivE52 on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Federov optical is my most used weapon but I've been trying to mix it up recently. I've gone with the loadouts I'm currently using as some are faves and some are ones I'm messing with.

Medic: Federov optical, Cei-Rigotti optical & Al8 Extended.

Support: BAR storm, Chau-Chat & IMG08

Assault: Ribeyrolles, SMG08/18 & Annihilator

Scout: G95 carbine, SMLE carbine & Ross Marksman
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any weapon you're good with.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSC and the Sweeper.

/Thread.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would highly recomment you to try them all, at least one variant of them. basicly every weapon is somehow valueable. However I would recomment you to look when you unlock weapons, at how much bullets they have per magazine. Basicly everything over 10 is good. Everything under 10 is also good, but harder to use.
    But my list and it is hard to pick here, as I generally like to switch my weapon each match and like basicly all guns:
    Assault: Ribeyrolles, Annihilator
    Medic: Autoloading 8.25, Selbstlader 1916
    Support: Madsen MG, Chauchat
    Scout: Gewehr M95, SMLE MKII
  • CSO7777
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Almost all weapons are viable in certain situations. One big factor often is the magazine-size. Bigger magazines are easier to manage, especially when starting to play BF1, and a lot of 'skill-canons' have very small magazines (RSC, AL8, M1906 etc) with a low TTK.

But in general BF1's weapons are balanced for distances and fire-rate, and you should pick a weapon that fits your playstyle, some examples:

Support. Close range: Parabellum, IMG08, and BAR Storm. Medium range: Madsen, Chau-Chat (and almost any other LMG). Long range, M1917 Telescopic, MG15 Suppressive, Perino.

Scout-weapons use sweet-spot mechanics and to use them most effective, use a rifle with at sweet-spot range (one-hit kill in the chest) that fits the map (and your playstyle). See the stats in the game or at symthic. But the SMLE or the Ross (shorter ranges), M98 (longer ranges) and M1903 (longest ranges) are very good choices. I think they work best with scopes (except for the Martini-Henry and the Arisaka)

Assault. Close-range: SMG08/18, Annihilator, Automatico, A-10 Hunter, M97 Trench. Medium range: Hellriegel, Ribeyrolls, MP18.

Medic. Close-range: Fedorov, AL8-Extended, M1907 (Sweeper/Trench). Medium Range: RSC, Mondragon, Cei-Rigotti (actually almost any medic gun). Long range: Mondragon Sniper, Selbstlader M1916 Marksman, AL8 Marksman.

I've only mentioned the most obvious ones and many will probably have other opinions.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Helriegel and MG15
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your mom*

Easiest to use, no or small skill gap

Assault- Hellriegel, SMG 08
    Support- BAR, MG1917
    Medic- Federov, Sweeper
    Scout- SMLE

Hardest to use but when skill gap is overcome the best weapon

Assault: Trench Carbine, RSC SMG
    Support: Parabellum, Chauchat
    Medic: RSC, General Liu
    Scout: M1903, Arisaka
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Been playing since alpha my guns are oldies but goodies!
    Assault: (primary-mp18 trench), (secondary-hellfighter trench shotgun), (tertiary-machine pistol experimental)

Medic: (primary-cei rigotti optical), (secondary-general leu storm), (tertiary-Howell sniper)

Support: (primary-Lewis suppressive), (secondary-masden low weight), (tertiary-mg08 suppressive)

Scout: (primary-gewer 98 marksman), (secondary-carcano patrol or veterreli carbine), (tertiary-lebel sniper)

All depends on what I need done! Do I need a close range weapon or do I need to reach out and touch someone?
  • lessthanjake123
    150 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The comments above are all good.

I’ll add that the following weapons are clearly the most used weapons in each class (in order of usage rate). This is a pretty good indication of what the community as a whole likes. You will very likely find that your personal preferences do not exactly line up with these, but I think every one of these highly-used guns is at least objectively pretty good:

MEDIC:
    1. Autoloading 8.25 Extended
    2. Fedorov Trench
    3. M1907 SL Sweeper
    4. Selbstlader 1916 Marksman
    5. Fedorov Optical

SUPPORT:
    1. BAR Storm
    2. Parabellum Low Weight
    3. lMG 08/18 Low Weight
    4. M1917 Telescopic

SCOUT:
    1. SMLE Marksman
    2. SMLE Carbine
    3. Martini-Henry Infantry
    4. Gewehr 98 Sniper
    5. M1903 Sniper
    6. Russian 1895 Sniper

ASSAULT SMGs:
    1. Hellriegel Factory
    2. SMG 08/18 Factory
    3. Automatico Storm

ASSAULT SHOTGUNS:
    1. Model 10-A Hunter

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Depends on how I feel I use

Medic
    General liu factory has a bolt action mode that can one shot headshot any range since I play scout a lot.

Support
    Burton LMR for the fly bois
    Parabellum - for cqc maps.

Scout
    So many to list
    M1903 - second fastest bullet, least amount of drop over range
    Vetterilli - martini with extra rounds
    Martini sniper - my ultimate troll rifle high power scope on a close range weapon. I like to see the whites of my enemies eyes lol

Assualt haven’t played this one much in a while.
    Smg08 if you can control the recoil it’s basically the ultimate scrub weapon

The m1900 slug pretty fun to run and hip fire with and well as reach out and touch some one.

• lessthanjake123
    150 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My above post references the most used guns by the community. I will say that my personal favorite guns in each class are different, and are as follows (in no particular order):

MEDIC:
    Fedorov Trench
    M1907 SL Sweeper
    Fedorov Degtyarev
    Farquhar-Hill Storm
    RSC Factory and/or Optical (only for longer range situations though)

SCOUT:
    Gewehr M.95 Carbine
    Gewehr M.95 Infantry
    Ross Marksman
    Gewehr 98 Sniper

SUPPORT:
    Chauchat Low Weight
    Chauchat Telescopic
    lMG 08/18 Low Weight
    Madsen (any variant)
    Huot Low Weight
    Perino Low Weight
    BAR Telescopic
    Lewis Gun Low Weight

ASSAULT SMGs:
    SMG 08/18 Factory
    Ribeyrolles Factory
    Hellriegel Factory

ASSAULT SHOTGUNS:
    Model 10-A Hunter

As you can see, a decent number of these overlap with the most used ones overall, but I have some of my own idiosyncratic preferences.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2018
    All these comments not including the noobriegel are just trying to not let newcomers abuse this gun :D:D
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    All these comments not including the noobriegel are just trying to not let newcomers abuse this gun :D:D

Lol I have 30ish kills with the noobriegel.... I felt “ so uncivilized” using it lol
  • ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »

Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't give it away :D
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fairly objectively there are a few top tier guns.

Assault: Hellriegel, SMG 08, Model 10A Hunter
    Medic: Federov Trench, RSC, Autoloading 8 .25 Extended, General Liu Storm
    Support: BAR Trench, Burton LMR, IMG 08/18 Low Weight, Parabellum MG14/17 Low Weight
    Scout: SMLE MKIII (all variants), Ross MKIII, Gewehr 98
  • InstinctivE52
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks everyone
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that it’s safe to say that the RSC is amaaaaaaaazingly awesome gauging from most comments here. And I wholeheartedly agree.
  • VoidHuntG03
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Parabellum.
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Burton and Parabellum my most favs
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You want the Martini-Henry infantry, it adds most enjoyment to the gameplay out of all the weapons, not the sniper though, that's just a sad stick.