Weekly Debrief

Will platoon system be a part of BFV?

Puckerbucket
694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
We spent a lot of time building a great group of players who are now all on a first-name friendship level. We play together almost every night, and have actually created lasting out-of-game friendships in the real world. Will the platoon system be ported into the next game, and how might it be affected by the new emphasis on persistent squads and comms?

Comments

• x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It sounds like there will be but they will be called Companies instead of platoons.
  • mcRen98
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It sounds like there will be but they will be called Companies instead of platoons.

Wasn't the company meant to reflect the soldiers the player himself made like presets for soldier classes?
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, that is my understanding. The "company" is basically the group of customized soldiers you have available to play as. Not really that different from BF1's ability to save three different loadout versions for each class. Except your "company" will only have two different soldiers for each player class, but each soldier will have customizable attributes in terms of specialties, skins, weapons, etc. So basically your company is your box of available player personas.
    What I'm more curious about is whether we'll be able to join platoon mates currently in game as in BF1, and display our emblem on uniforms and equipment as in BF1. And I've seen that squads are "persistent" in the new game, meaning that the same squads are kept together across rounds, with voice coms available between rounds to encourage teamplay. Are we going to be able to rearrange ourselves into squads of existing platoon mates?
    I don't know if anyone actually has the answers to these questions yet, but I'm asking. It would seem a shame to toss the whole platoon system into the ditch and force everyone to make a new set of BF friends and allies.