Dice do you even care anymore?

bapman63
935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited August 2018
Just played a round of CQ on the amiens map, our team was pushing on the (b) flag, we were packed into the back ally between (d) and (b) 3 people from the other team just spawned right in front me. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I promptly shot them of corse, but come on, that should have never happened. With losing connection to servers since saturday, it's like dice is phoning it in.
Post edited by bapman63 on

Comments

• KamikazeK7
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I cate dude. I’m glad you shot the horse in the mouth. Makes sense. Good job!
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2018
    Sarcasm aside, thanks for the catch on the title, just not sure what you meant about shooting a horse.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "Not to look a gift horse in the mouth"

Nice one.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    The spawn system in this game was always terrible. Spawn on flag. Appear in front of enemy or tank. Rinse. Repeat.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The spawn system in this game was always terrible. Spawn on flag. Appear in front of enemy or tank. Rinse. Repeat.

Don’t spawn on squadmates. Problems solved 99% of time
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »

I’m talking about spawning on flags.

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't remember ever having such frustrating spawns in previous BF games, but maybe I'm miss remembering. BF1 some days is just ridiculous. I'm not a terrible player, but some matches I can barely get a 1.0 KD, or heck, even a positive one, because it's just spawn, die, repeat. I'll spawn on a flag, get killed by an enemy right behind me, spawn in a tank, it blows up immediately, spawn on a squadmate, I get a facefull of grenade while they just run off etc. And of course some matches I'll get really lucky and have a bunch of enemies spawn in front of me giving me free kills, but those times seem rare by comparison.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't remember ever having such frustrating spawns in previous BF games, but maybe I'm miss remembering. BF1 some days is just ridiculous. I'm not a terrible player, but some matches I can barely get a 1.0 KD, or heck, even a positive one, because it's just spawn, die, repeat. I'll spawn on a flag, get killed by an enemy right behind me, spawn in a tank, it blows up immediately, spawn on a squadmate, I get a facefull of grenade while they just run off etc. And of course some matches I'll get really lucky and have a bunch of enemies spawn in front of me giving me free kills, but those times seem rare by comparison.

Previous battlefields were just as bad
  • bapman63
    I think it's gotten noticeably worse lately, banners telling you that the spawn is no longer available, though your team clearly still controls the spawn point. I've seen people spawn on team mates in a 1v1 fight plus the spawning in an area clearly controled by the other team.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I’m talking about spawning on flags.

Spawn on the next flag over from the flag you're going to, otherwise there are some effects.
  • MBOmnis
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Flag spawns are also terrible. Had a similar occurrence in Ballroom Blitz where my squad was camping the enemy's B flag spawn playing whack-a-mole while some other dudes were capping it.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

I have the distinct luck of having an 80% chance of spawning in front of a tank or strafing helicopter in BF3/4 ...

To be honest, I haven't played a single FPS that hasn't had crappy spawns.
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Huh..... had that happen last night on passhendale enemy spawned right in front of me out side a contested flag. Also on Argonne playing u.s. we controled brave and they just took c for an enemy to spawn back turned in front of me on the bravo Argonne cannons near the tracks heading to charley. Be spawned so far behind C so odd!
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    edited August 2018
    There were also times when I spawned directly on those three inch flames that make you burn so violently afterwards. Good times.
  • Dr_Cheesesteak
    11 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I've only played BF2 and BF1. One of the first things I noticed about BF1 was the crappy spawning. Didn't think it was a thing at all in BF2. I remember constantly spawning safely, on flags, on squad, etc.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We all know this happens occasionally, so surely we all know that it's dangerous to spawn on squad mates and, so, we accept the potential risks?

When I look at the map it's usually pretty dang clear where the enemy are from who's dead and what my team are doing.

War is dangerous. Spawn back at the base and run in if you're worried.
  • Pimp_SWE
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My answer is NO
  • Trokey66
    9102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn on D flag Rupture, appeared on the bridge at C!

At least it was the same map.....
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They were spawning on a contested flag, right? It's a high risk (potentially) high reward kind of thing. It's also lazy. If you need to live you can spawn somewhere else.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We all know this happens occasionally, so surely we all know that it's dangerous to spawn on squad mates and, so, we accept the potential risks?

When I look at the map it's usually pretty dang clear where the enemy are from who's dead and what my team are doing.

War is dangerous. Spawn back at the base and run in if you're worried.

This way you can mop up mines and flankers too while you get back to the frontline.