An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
Today, we’re announcing that Battlefield V will have a new launch date – November 20, 2018. We wanted to give you a little bit of insight into how we arrived at this new date. Read more on Battlefield.com here.

Tell us your thoughts here. We're listening!

Comments

• rambo96lwd
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    sounds good, there is alot of feedback from everyone one and the beta still has to come. more time for more improvements mean (hopefully) a better game!
  • Tylerino
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    All good for me, prefer a stable game. Deluxe edition still get their hands on it a few days before?
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People gonna be like "what?" when the game is released a month late and still buggy...just sayin'
  • SirSpectacle
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If this is what it takes to avoid a repeat of the BF4 release, I support the decision 100%
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All good over here.
  • yoryibzs
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is a lie...
    I'm very frustrated with the mistakes of Ea Games, and with postponement of the release date
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yoryibzs wrote: »
    This is a lie...
    I'm very frustrated with the mistakes of Ea Games, and with postponement of the release date

Why is it a lie?

Why is it when DICE doesn't say anything of substance they are sneaky and not truthful....then when they are open and transparent they are a bunch of liars?
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    yoryibzs wrote: »
    This is a lie...

Why is it a lie?

Why is it when DICE doesn't say anything of substance they are sneaky and not truthful....then when they are open and transparent they are a bunch of liars?

Because no matter what Dice or EA does they will never win with this lot
  • olavafar
    2168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Basically all the text in the link is marketing fluff and the only contents relevant to us is this single sentence:
    "You’ve also spurred us to make some meaningful improvements to the core gameplay experience, including adjusting the gameplay tempo, improving soldier visibility and reducing player friction.", which is repeated twice.

The interpretation I can have on this is that they will tweak for the Beta and then they want to have some extra time to tweak it also after the beta. To me it is a bit odd why they need the community for this. Most employees at DICE should be capable of playing the game and understand these things just as good as the average battlefield player.

A simple solution to some of the visibility stuff would be to just tune down the weather effects for now and increase it later gradually as the visibility problems gets dealt with. On Narvik for example, let it snow for 3-4 minutes only max. Even if there are some issues, the game would not suffer too much form that.

Given what they have said about what they might do with the game later on and based on what they did with for example BF1, I have a bit of a hard time to believe that we get the whole truth here. Cannot help to have the feeling that there are really other reasons for the delay.
  • SithMetal71
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    does this mean the xbox one x / battlefield v bundle will also be delayed?
  • GEORGINIO_66_RO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Oh well
  • Loqtrall
    12271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't see any negative to the decision, aside from waiting, which is what we've all been doing for months.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    [post removed due to bait]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    [post removed due to attacking others and using vulgar language]
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    I hope its delayed due to you making the following adjustments:

1. No women fought alongside men in ww2, especially with metal arms - remove that crap
    2. Planes magically spawn in the air - Add airfields and aircraft carrier's for fighter aircraft to take off from.
    3. Bring back the theme track from Battlefield 1942 and 1943 - its more authentic
    4. Bring back Wake Island and Iwo Jima from 1943.

If Dice is struggling to deliver authenticity, i would suggest watching Band of Bros.

Semper Fi

Are you struggling with the meaning of authenticity?

[post removed due to attacking others and using vulgar language]

No claws for arms.....lol you never looked up ww2 prosthetics.

BF1942 and 43 authentic??? Um OK....
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    [video removed due to profanity contained within]

Great video