Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2018
    @ShevermiN
    The ranks being 0 and unlocks becoming locked is a separate issue and is related to the stats servers going down.

This particular thread is regarding Oceania / Australian region game servers.
  • ShevermiN
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @ShevermiN
    The ranks being 0 and unlocks becoming locked is a separate issue and is related to the stats servers going down.

This particular thread is regarding Oceania / Australian region game servers.

Yeah I know I was just having a giggle because of the servers being bugged last night also and I am in Australia and I am hosting a custom HC mixedmode server...

And custom servers are hard enough to fill let alone when it gives people no points at the end of round.
  • staryoshi06
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still not working for me at all. What is this about 'compensation'?
  • Hayt89
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    Very curious to see what the handout ends up being. It's probably a big ask but something that has value in the next game would be nice ie. a "thanks for sticking it out" dogtag or something. Hard to imagine the BF1 servers are gonna live for very long once the new game comes out.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Ok, I am starting to get fed up with the people that hide behind @Braddock512.
    He can only give us his insight, which he is still employed by them, but there is nothing he can do about this, he still needs to be paid at the end of the week.

The Programmers failed on their test, this doesn't surprise me either as they cannot program a simple filter without that failing (server filter).

The game will be finished soon what could they possibly give us, nothing except a dogtag or free packs, as for the server renters they should have been the first compensated which should have been handled by now.

very bad management from EA/Dice.
    Management may think they are being smart about this, they do not know the Australian and Zew Zealand market, as we may be small but they still want our money.

I have seen management from the states fail in Australia as most of their business models do not work in this country.

although I have purchased BFV regardless of what happens, mark my words if you EA/Dice cannot learn from your mistakes BFV will be the last ever battlefield that I will purchase. Not that the people that need to read this, will read this.
    however I am only a small customer I have only purchased 1942, 2142, Vietnam, BF2, BF3, BF4, BF1 and pre-ordered BFV, other customers have purchased more than I, but every one customer does adds to revenue.
    EA is starting to have some real competition out there in these type of games. think about all the fans you upset in the way all this has been handled fan base dropping.

This may be a different issue to be disconnected, but I cannot connect.
    it's still a connection issue as far as I am concerned.

Anyways just remember that tomorrow never comes, and EA/Dice are hoping to fix tomorrow.

Anyways that's my rant

I might go play another game,
    Post edited by AK_Stealthy_A on
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hayt89 wrote: »
    Very curious to see what the handout ends up being. It's probably a big ask but something that has value in the next game would be nice ie. a "thanks for sticking it out" dogtag or something. Hard to imagine the BF1 servers are gonna live for very long once the new game comes out.

very true or they could give us a whole heap of stuff, but we are not going to enjoy it, as BFV could be better than BF1, the BF1 servers will be dead instantaneously.
    I bet the server owners have already only paid till just after the release of BFV.

• froyd12
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    servers gone again.. whats new.
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have repeatedly raised the spectre of diminished returns on in game compensation by tagging @Braddock512 into comments around this. While I empathise that it’s outside of his control we were promised better comms and clearly this isn’t happening. The community is getting radio silence on these concerns.

I also cannot understand how the server holder compensation could not be announced yet to help appease the community.
  • TheR00Man
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why do Ea keep treating us like kids? A bit of information would have stopped most of the complaints, but Noooooo, we can't tell the plebs what is going on. Have paid for our server, and still no info. What a joke! Stop treating us like idiots, and answer the effing complaints. No more BS about what might be. Just give us an answer.
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    With the release date of BFV now in full retreat. This gives EA/Dice extra time to sort the compensation package for BF1 out. No more 'dog ate my homework' excuses if you have another month to get it done.
  • AngryDAD_7503
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Braddock...... MIA ...... thought he was the hero that got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ done????

servers are a joke, game play is poor, auto balances all the good player to one side....... i highly doubt BFV will be any better.

• AK_Stealthy_A
    edited August 2018

Braddock...... MIA ...... thought he was the hero that got **** done????

servers are a joke, game play is poor, auto balances all the good player to one side....... i highly doubt BFV will be any better.

Braddock is just an employee who liaisons between information given to him by the company that he works for, then needs to decipher what he needs to tell us to keep both parties happy. I do believe he has his hands tied as anyone dealing in customer service or management knows you know whats going on but you cannot tell the customer the truth.
    customers and staff are not always told the truth, and this is the blunt truth.

@Braddock512 has been keeping us up to date a little more lately and it has been great to see, even though it's not what we are expecting to hear, but we are seeing him.

Apart from that yes you are 100% correct that BF1 has a poor gameplay, auto balance is a joke, and let me not get started on the connection issue BF1 have had.

Post edited by AK_Stealthy_A on
  • Braddock512
    1522 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Strong potential that the rollout will happen on Monday.
    I'm waiting for a final update today regarding tagging all the PC accounts in this region with the right entitlement so we can automatically roll this out.

And, again, RSP owners - you will receive something for your troubles as well.

-Braddock512-
  • staryoshi06
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what does the rollout do? Will it actually fix the issues?
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    So what does the rollout do? Will it actually fix the issues?

No, the rollout should just be compensation to the affected users and RSP.

The issues are another matter.

However, I could be wrong.

• Nokharma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can untag my PC account if you can , at this point I'm totally uninterested in getting a few random Battlepacks , skins or melee weapons for a two year old game that's literally on it's final leg's , perhaps a few customization unlocks for the new BF would have made your customers happy and maybe might have helped with pre-orders , just food for thought EA .
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Back on topic... @Braddock512 can people get an update please? We were told of a possible Monday rollout. I've looked and can see nothing. On top of this BF1 population is rapidly declining now for obvious reasons so where is the value in BF1 in game compensation if we are unlikely to even get much more than a few hours use out of it at best? I for one cant see myself playing it much now.
  • maximus-k1
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At least a whole page was deleted from this thread??
This discussion has been closed.