BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if this is maybe hinting at players being able to customize game modes (aka have their own servers) or not. It could just mean devs will be able to customize it as they please. But I found this regarding attrition and health regen.

health_regen.png
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Like I said before, DICE is currently overworked and understaffed at the moment or really for about the last 2 years.

They do not have the manpower to do everything. Now the battle royale mode is actually being developed by another studio within EA to speed the process along.
    https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-5-battle-royale-being-made-by-a-different-studio-not-dice

After reading the post in the link it doesnt look like they are "now" giving it to a third party....that's what they were doing all along....which makes sense frankly.

Edit: it's also not uncommon for this. Doom and Halo6 are good examples that also partnered with other studios.
    Post edited by VBALL_MVP on
  • Jaskaman
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Link to discussion please. I was told rental servers.

Oh sorry, I dont have links now...
  • Jaskaman
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Like I said before, DICE is currently overworked and understaffed at the moment or really for about the last 2 years.

They do not have the manpower to do everything. Now the battle royale mode is actually being developed by another studio within EA to speed the process along.
    https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-5-battle-royale-being-made-by-a-different-studio-not-dice

They could use other studio to produce good RSP if manpower is the problem :)
    Anyway, we are waiting...
  • Jaskaman
    edited August 2018
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »

They could use other studio to produce good RSP if manpower is the problem :)
    Anyway, we are waiting...

I'd still prefer they spend that effort on servers that would be more moddable(resisting the urge to say "Standalone Dedicated Server", though that would be a good way of ensuring it)

That said as long as the 3rd-party server rental program was done in a manner that was better than BF1's relatively spotty/very finicky/occasionally unreliable servers
  • CptMIFF
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So no dedicated server with options to kick/ban and so on?
    A rented server without admin is just useless anyway. So you get to pick ur favourite maps and thats about it?
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2018
    dice and ea can't get the game as it is. Don't expect RSP announcements until next year.

In the mean time...
    https://worldwar3.com/en/technical-test-signup/
    WW3 needs some testers.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hopefully something will come of this..But..If past experiences have anything to do with the comments...Don't hold your breath!!
  • DigitalHype
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Hopefully something will come of this..But..If past experiences have anything to do with the comments...Don't hold your breath!!

Soon® Inb4 CrashCA :)
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

DICE SPEAK = "We have not even started thinking about RSP yet or if there will be an RSP. WE have not started any work on RSP at all currently. We are way behind on just making a game to put to market and get everyone's money. We will get back to you soon!"
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2018
    SOONtm

Can't forget the tm or DICE might sue.
  • Jaskaman
    Well considering communities are already arguing about VIP slot setting, we take it as a promise. But as we all know, let's not get our hopes too high until it's officially confirmed.
  • Amphybiouse
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Dedicated servers are essential for any decent FPS.
    The fact that EA keeps avoiding revealing any information on the subject already says everything I need to know about what this game is going to be.

Also how can people keep pre-ordering anything EA publishes?
    When the company that asks you to pay upfront for a product they're nowhere close to releasing and refuses to provide you with any basic information about it - IT'S A SCAM.
    I encourage everyone to cancel their preorders and never pay for an EA game again.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2018
    SOONtm

Can't forget the tm or DICE might sue.

It's not like it's Battlefield specific, it was a meme in EVE Online too. Along with common online fortune cookie cutter advice; don't play on patchday.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I can promise you there WILL BE dedicated servers and rentable servers. But I can also promise you that you will have almost ZERO control over those servers like in BF1. There will be no support for external admin tools like Procon. So there will be no point in renting a server unless you like footing EA's server bill.
    BF games will be a joke until we get back servers of the quality we had in BF4. Until then I'm not buying another BF game.
  • Axlerod1
    I can promise you there WILL BE dedicated servers and rentable servers. But I can also promise you that you will have almost ZERO control over those servers like in BF1. There will be no support for external admin tools like Procon. So there will be no point in renting a server unless you like footing EA's server bill.
    BF games will be a joke until we get back servers of the quality we had in BF4. Until then I'm not buying another BF game.

Which is why I will not even bother buying this game. RSP is such an after thought for BFV. It was the same with BF1. If they do launch RSP, I do not expect much other than Siriland making the same empty promises from BF1 RSP system. "As the community gives us input, we will add features". 2 Years later and 3 lists later and still no features have been added.

Lets not forget, they are far behind schedule. 1 month delay, features are not going to be in game at launch. No RSP at this point. EA brought in another developer to assist with getting back on schedule. BFV has all the makings of a complete flop before launch. I think they will need another 6 months to get close to being on schedule.

Yeah I am not going to play on day 1 or even day 2. I am going to give the game a good month after RSP becomes available maybe depending on what they put in it. Then I will make a decision. I doubt I will ever buy the game.
  • CrashCA
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree with Axelrod on this. Which is sad as I love the era.
    Expect no RSP at launch and continuing server issues as EA appears clueless on that front.
  • -Antares65z
    1697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Agree with Axelrod on this. Which is sad as I love the era.
    Expect no RSP at launch and continuing server issues as EA appears clueless on that front.

I'm expecting this game to be a failure before they even get around to figuring out an RSP.
  • CrashCA
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just watched Westie's (yeah, I know) interview with Alex G.at Gamescon, pointedly asked about RSP and Alex refused to comment. Not a good sign less than 3 months from launch.