What's the best feeling shooter you've ever played?

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
For me the feel and movement of Titanfall 2 is the best game i've ever played mechanics wise. It's far from my favourite game but I really enjoyed it. Simply moving alone in that game is satisfying though. It felt silk smooth. Heard BFV mechanics feel much better than any of the previous titles. I hope it feels similar to that.

Comments

• StereoJustice
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I prefer the feel of Red Orchestra 2 when it come to World War 2 shooters. Your character reacts to nearby explosions and gunfire as if you were a normal fearful human being. I personally don't like the way the guns didn't recoil in BFV and it didn't feel like I was using WW2 era weapons but more like futuristic laser weapons. I've shot several real life guns and Red Orchestra 2 was the game that came closest to the real kick and feel of weapons for a video game.

Something I hate a lot is the spotting system for enemies and revealing exactly where they are and where they are going. Would prefer if we had a map that just marked the possible location of an enemy rather than their exact GPS location (not very WW2 like). As you can tell, I like to distinguish my WW2 games from other eras :)
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2018
    The best competitive shooter of all time.... CS 1.5
    The best single player shooter.... Doom 2
    Honourable mention goes to Golden Eye on N64
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One title to rule them all: TF2

And no I don't mean Titanfall 2 you whippersnappers
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The best competitive shooter of all time.... CS 1.5
    The best single player shooter.... Doom 2
    Honourable mention goes to Golden Eye on N64

Only played DOOM on the Ps1. Definitely buying the new one, looks brilliant. Goldeneye, one of the greatest games of all time. I'd love to see that ported to VR now. Never happen cos it was a nes game but it would work so well.
  • Vespervin
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Halo 2. I know it's not nostalgia because I still play it and I can not get enough of it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

^ This. So much this. Almost 7000 put in that game and not a single regret.
  • Turfschipper
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think unreal tournement Instagib only.

But had the most fun with 1942, 1943 and Vietnam.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    F.E.A.R

the ridiculous mid 2000s radgoll, the amazing sound of the shotgun, the sound of the brass hitting the floor when you are in Reflex mode, nothing comes close, not even the sequels.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You've got a forehead on ya like a coffee table
  • Loqtrall
    12311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Surprisingly, Black Ops 3.

Its movement overall was fantastic and butter smooth to me, and when hit reg was on the better side the feel was amazing.

It's the sole futuristic CoD title I actually enjoued, and I'm sure the movement system had a lot to do with that.

Funnily enough, Titanfall 2s movement system is eerily similar.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Recent times: Doom 2016
    For MP: Planetside2
    Casual: Battlefield
    Older ones: doom with mods, timesplitters, perfect dark, goldeneye and too many to remember.
  • V2Face
    2681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gotham City Imposters was my second multiplayer FPS and one of the best in my opinion. 6v6 whacky shooter that didn’t take themselves too seriously was super fun to play and competitive at the same time. I had a blast even though the game is completely dead 5-6 years later.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You've got a forehead on ya like a coffee table

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/b/b3/Spy_dom_sniper3.wav
  • MlDHEAVEN
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Unreal & Quake
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    F.E.A.R

the ridiculous mid 2000s radgoll, the amazing sound of the shotgun, the sound of the brass hitting the floor when you are in Reflex mode, nothing comes close, not even the sequels.

F.E.A.R. was really well-regarded when it released, but it seemed to quickly fade into obscurity. Its sequel wasn't nearly as popular, and I bet many people still don't know the third game exists.

Sadly, however, the first game is extremely clunky. The sequels progressively improved the controls and whatnot, but of course, the horror aspect also degraded with each respective release.

Battlefield 1 is the smoothest FPS game I've ever played, and a big part of that is perhaps due to it being one of the first FPS games I've put a good bit of time into on PC. As far as third-person shooters go, Max Payne 3 is butter, even with a controller.
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Urban Terror but that's long time ago, the game is now death (it has lot of potential)
  • JAREDUP
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Call of Duty Big Red 1
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably Doom 2016. As far as shooters go in their purest, simplest forms go. Off the top of my head at least.

No shooter is without its quirks though. In fact sometimes the quirks make the game. My favorite shooter is still CoD MW2 and most of us know how jacked up that game was. But i dont think it would have been as enjoyable if it wasn't for the terrible balance, low TTK, and bugs galore.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Probably Doom 2016. As far as shooters go in their purest, simplest forms go. Off the top of my head at least.

No shooter is without its quirks though. In fact sometimes the quirks make the game. My favorite shooter is still CoD MW2 and most of us know how jacked up that game was. But i dont think it would have been as enjoyable if it wasn't for the terrible balance, low TTK, and bugs galore.

Its how broken yet fun the game was that made it a legend. Things like OMA+Noobtubes, akimbo double barrel shotguns and lmgs with fmj rounds that could shoot through pretty much anything. Fun times.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018

I think Doom 2016 was nothing short of a revolution to the genre for single player. We've had the same old CoD style rail shooter for more than a decade as the default for FPS, and Doom 2016 was a breath of fresh air into a somewhat stale world for FPS. For the single player it's easiest the best FPS of the decade, and I'm looking forward to the next one.