Small things that make you happy/surprised/blow your mind.

F0XYB0IARBLE
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I have... I don't even know how many hours in Battlefield 1. 700?
Anyway, I have quite a few hours in.

But some random, intersting things still happen to me.
Like, today while I was playing as a medic and using General Liu rifle, I randomly pressed "v" on my keyboard. I expected that it will change my zero distance for some reason, even though SLR's don't have that option.
But instead, my soldier did a quick little animation (similar to the one when you're putting a grenade onto your SLR) and converted the gun into a bolt action rifle. I thought the animation was a bug, too, since I don't have a grenade launcher equiped, but when I shot for the first time, I got my mind blown xD

Even though it's nothing special, it's a function of that gun, it's not an easter egg or whatever, I still got surprised and quite happy for some reason.

And it's a decent bolt action rifle too. Good sights and good sweet spot (even tho I don't like the sweet spot mechanic, but I gotta deal with it, so I might as well accept it, lol)
It's accurate as well.
And funny enough, better than some bolt rifles for the scout class :_D

Are there things that made you happy/surprised/blew your mind? Be it an easter egg or just a normal thing you didn't know about. Or even some detail that you really like! Feel free to share~

Comments

• zombifiedstalker
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you wanna blow your mind again, do the same thing with the 1903 Experimental... :smile:
  • F0XYB0IARBLE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you wanna blow your mind again, do the same thing with the 1903 Experimental... :smile:

Yeah, I know about that one! It's a nice little animation. I like that they did it, so it doesn't just change magically :smiley:

Thanks for sharing!
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the general liu I just got to 30 service stars with it.

I’ve even killed a few people out of planes with it.

A side note I still giggle when I kill a low flying/dive bombing plane with a LT grenade
  • zenn_nme
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Some of the 'Soldier speech' at some keymoments always gives me a smile on my face... "No don't look at it. DON'T LOOK AT IT!" :D
    Post edited by zenn_nme on
  • F0XYB0IARBLE
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

A side note I still giggle when I kill a low flying/dive bombing plane with a LT grenade

Ah yeah, I know how it feels. General liu wasn't my fave, it didn't feel right for me, but I know how it feels to have a fave weapon. Tho I use every weapon, often switch it up.
    My fave SLR's are Selbstladers. Especially the two 1906 ones. But general liu went up on the list of SLRs I like just because of the bolt action feature, and I'm getting more used to it.

And that's quite a cheeky grenade then! I love moments like those too. Sniping a plane with the rocket gun and such. I even almost killed a plane by firing my mortar. Dude just flew above the place I fired at, so instead of the mortar hitting the ground, it actually hit a plane. Shame it wasn't a kill. Once I even sniped a plane over an extremely long distance with Cei Rigotti, which I didn't expect to actually hit.

But you doing it with grenades, that's awesome!
  • F0XYB0IARBLE
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    Some of the 'Soldier speech' at some keymoments always gives me a smile on my face... "No don't look at it. DON'T LOOK AT IT!" :D

Ah yeah, I definitely love that as well. It's a nice thing to increase the immersion.
    DICE did a great job with sounds in the game, that includes the voices.

Yesterday, while I was playing shock ops, my dude yelled "Please make it stop" when we lost a sector. And it made me, well, sad. Because you could hear the sadness and panic in his voice.
    Some other things, like your soldier panicking when there's a grenade nearby are nice little details as well

Also, I always keep the voice-overs iriginal. I don't change it to universal language (so all factions speak the same language). That ruins the immersion for me, removes some fun out of the game.

Ps: I like learning other languages from Battlefield as well. Even though some phrases are useless for me, but it has always been fun for me

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ah yeah, I know how it feels. General liu wasn't my fave, it didn't feel right for me, but I know how it feels to have a fave weapon. Tho I use every weapon, often switch it up.
    My fave SLR's are Selbstladers. Especially the two 1906 ones. But general liu went up on the list of SLRs I like just because of the bolt action feature, and I'm getting more used to it.

And that's quite a cheeky grenade then! I love moments like those too. Sniping a plane with the rocket gun and such. I even almost killed a plane by firing my mortar. Dude just flew above the place I fired at, so instead of the mortar hitting the ground, it actually hit a plane. Shame it wasn't a kill. Once I even sniped a plane over an extremely long distance with Cei Rigotti, which I didn't expect to actually hit.

Thanks
    I do it quite often, just for proof lol

• F0XYB0IARBLE

Thanks
    I do it quite often, just for proof lol

Jeez, that's really impressive. The way you predicted so early where the plane is going to be. I didn't even know you can one-hit planes with light at grenades. I thought it was only possible with normal at grenades. I dud stuff like this to cavalry, but this is a whole new level :v
  • StretchyBlackMan
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I’ve got a few.

1. The “whoosh” that the stick grenades and russian grenade makes when you throw it.

2. The Italian voice line where he just coughs halfway through spotting someone.

3. The shells that eject out the top of the Putilov-
    Garford

4. The bullets in guns like the Chauchat or RSC SMG visibly being depleted as you empty the mag.

5. The uncomfortably smooth and delicate reload the Arisaka 38 has.

6. Animals in the game besides horses (rats on Nivelle Nights, sheep and cow noises on Galicia, etc)

7. Music that plays when you take a sector in operations. Brusilov Offensive, Devil’s Anvil and Gallipoli contain my favorites.

Just a few things that I think are nifty about this game.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

2. The Italian voice line where he just coughs halfway through spotting someone.

I’ve recently found this out by playing as a Scout. Pretty cool thing.

I also like how, depending on how many rounds you shot with the Parabellum MG14/17 determines how long you have to wind the cloth ammo belt before you change mags.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The old bug where people came raining down from the sky in droves made me smile, something about spawning in on someone who died in air made them smack into the ground with that corpse, just ducked a pile of 3 or 4 people this one time.
  • MBOmnis
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When a squadmate spawns on you and the character goes "Hey, soldier"
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There's a lot of little details that you'll miss if don't pay enough attention. Just last week, notice the rats running on one of the night maps.
    What it took me by surprise, I killed 3 players with full life ("enemy hit 300" on the screen) with one single Martini-Henry shot, non of those 3 kills were a head-shot. 2 with one bullet done it before, even with the general Liu on bolt action (not full life), double head-shots, but never 3 with chest shot with full life.
  • JeremyLPerkins
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Took down a plane with the Liven's today. That was something I never thought would happen....
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any time I die and find my body ragdolling 20 + miles through the air. Kinda cool to see the map laid out thst far, always a wtf moment.....especially if I was in a tank.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There's a lot of little details that you'll miss if don't pay enough attention. Just last week, notice the rats running on one of the night maps.
    What it took me by surprise, I killed 3 players with full life ("enemy hit 300" on the screen) with one single Martini-Henry shot, non of those 3 kills were a head-shot. 2 with one bullet done it before, even with the general Liu on bolt action (not full life), double head-shots, but never 3 with chest shot with full life.

I've done that 3 times but only with the Martini-Henry.

Also small details, butterflies tend to pop up odd places when you're down waiting for a revive. Did a video on that once, during a live game, it was much downvoted.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm gonna start looking for stuff like that. Also I'm trying new variants of weapons and vehicles, some of them surprised me, in a good way. The other day took somebody's hellrieger dog tag, had almost 50.000 kills, never going to understand that kind of stuff. I change the weapons, the classes, the most I have with a weapon is 21 stars. Having fun playing as cavalry, never played as that class before. About the 3 kills with one bullet, only once, if I play as scout I'm using the Martini-Henry, regardless the map, tried scoped rifles for a while, don't like them. The other day went on a small killing spree on Rupture with the "dark souls bonfire" cavalry sword. One thing I'd like to have is the jeep stuff, like in BF4, if you know what I mean.... :D
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »

Was playing medic the other day and our squad leader went down near me. Heard another soldier scream "Doc, sarge has been hit!"

Or when a sector or flag gets taken, sometimes you hear someone scream "Aghhh we're all gonna die".

Of course the classic reference when there isn't much going on, "All quiet, huh?"

The voice acting and responses in this game is top notch.
  • Blackidus
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Love it when you get a headshoot and a nearby team mate yells "Nice Shoot!".
    Everytime that happens I bring up the commarose and almost click "thank you" before I realize it`s just a automatic voice line :)
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Blackidus wrote: »
    Love it when you get a headshoot and a nearby team mate yells "Nice Shoot!".
    Everytime that happens I bring up the commarose and almost click "thank you" before I realize it`s just a automatic voice line :)

I like the panic voice lines that will play when someone nearby takes a heavy portion of damage or is supressed pretty hard. Esspecially since I understand the english and german ones, I like them quite a lot. Like the American screaming for his mother to help him. Or the german soldier saying "Verdammte Scheiße, die haben mich festgenagelt, helft mir!" which translates to "Damned crap, I'm under heavy fire, help me!"
    They add some extra touch to the atmosphere and I quite feel for the poor soul in that situation.