Weekly Debrief

Death to the Planes: A Thread

2»

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    While the Burton and causing a dive bombing pilot to crash is fun these are My two favorite ways

Heck of a grenade throw in that first one!

Thanks some games I’m on point and do this 2-3 times. Other times I can’t hit the plane with one at all.
  • disposalist
    8607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There's a ton of ways to destroy planes, especially the big bombers. Personally, I love to go support with repair tool and MG1917. Get to the nearest AA, repair if necessary. It's great if it was destroyed because the plane that destroyed it thinks they are safe.

Don't sit in it! You're an obvious target for sniping and bombing and a good pilot can see on the minimap that you're in it (it disappears as an 'available' unit when you get in and it flashes red when you use it). Wait until the plane is well within range thinking the AA isn't active then get in and shoot. When they go out of range, get out, go prone and keep on shooting with your MG1917. Those things can damage them at enormous range. It's very satisfying to see the "repair interrupted" then "vehicle disabled" and hopefully the kill messages as they desperately try and get away.

Some good videos. The first one with the tanks is what I like to do and I'll often snipe planes using the cannon on the heavy tank with some decent results.

You get busy with that MG1917 in the second video!
    That's all Madsen - I made the vid when people were crying about the "2 plane kills with a Madsen" (before they made it even easier with any LMG).

With the M1917 it's even easier to kill planes, especially the Heavy.
  • RanzigeRidder2
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These are just some examples:

• Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's a ton of ways to destroy planes, especially the big bombers. Personally, I love to go support with repair tool and MG1917. Get to the nearest AA, repair if necessary. It's great if it was destroyed because the plane that destroyed it thinks they are safe.

Don't sit in it! You're an obvious target for sniping and bombing and a good pilot can see on the minimap that you're in it (it disappears as an 'available' unit when you get in and it flashes red when you use it). Wait until the plane is well within range thinking the AA isn't active then get in and shoot. When they go out of range, get out, go prone and keep on shooting with your MG1917. Those things can damage them at enormous range. It's very satisfying to see the "repair interrupted" then "vehicle disabled" and hopefully the kill messages as they desperately try and get away.

Some good videos. The first one with the tanks is what I like to do and I'll often snipe planes using the cannon on the heavy tank with some decent results.

You get busy with that MG1917 in the second video!
    That's all Madsen - I made the vid when people were crying about the "2 plane kills with a Madsen" (before they made it even easier with any LMG).

With the M1917 it's even easier to kill planes, especially the Heavy.

Oops yes the Madsen. I remember too when you did this when all the people were crying it was impossible and unfair. I gues we all need something to whine about from time to time. Good stuff.
  • FlaminPorcupine
    57 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Took me a bit but found it. This was back when I still played assualt

Instant rage quit for that pilot lol.
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most efficient: Anti-Airs, your own Fighter/Attack Plane, any tank that can 1-shot a plane out of the sky.

My favourite: Anti-Tank Grenades.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've gotten really good with AA guns over the course of the game, but for the aforementioned maps like Albion and Cape Helles where the AA guns are ridiculously placed, there's nothing like the Burton LMR incendiary rounds. It's rare to get the full kill credit (it does happen), but griefing the pilots with damaged wings and disabled engines is just soooooo satisfying. I can hear them cussing through the interwebs. And I've still got a serviceable ground weapon so I'm not just some sniper snack sitting on a stationary platform.
    Also, one of my proudest accomplishments is six plane kills from horseback over the life of the game. A lot of people don't realize this is possible, or forget to try it.
  • FlaminPorcupine
    I've gotten really good with AA guns over the course of the game, but for the aforementioned maps like Albion and Cape Helles where the AA guns are ridiculously placed, there's nothing like the Burton LMR incendiary rounds. It's rare to get the full kill credit (it does happen), but griefing the pilots with damaged wings and disabled engines is just soooooo satisfying. I can hear them cussing through the interwebs. And I've still got a serviceable ground weapon so I'm not just some sniper snack sitting on a stationary platform.
    Also, one of my proudest accomplishments is six plane kills from horseback over the life of the game. A lot of people don't realize this is possible, or forget to try it.

That was beautiful.
  • bran1986
    5691 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just let @MachoFantast1c0 handle it with the Burton while I give him health and revives.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Death to planes. AND butter sauce..
  • FlaminPorcupine
    Death to planes. AND butter sauce..

and the little sugar substitute packs masquerading as real sugar.
  • V2Face
    2658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite is hitting descending pilots with Burton LMR and making them crash due to engine disable or wing damage. I have about 20-30 kills from shooting pilots out of the air with tank rounds, heavy tank ftw. I eat tank hunter APs for dinner.