Hey you, gunner!

KriZ_Rul3Z
296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I appreciate your help in my attack plane, but could you please:

- stop shooting at everything miles away, giving away our position? Especially when I'm on 20HP, I kind of want to hide and repair.
- give priority to enemy airplanes? Especially when they're on our tail.



Seriously, when someone spawns in the gunner seat, my chances of survival drop significantly. Every bloody time, even if I keep the plane steady while being chased, the gunner doesn't manage to do more than 2HP on the enemy airplane. I know it gets a bit dizzy, but it's really not that hard to just lead your shots a bit. Everyone has to learn, of course, but why hasn't anyone learned by now? Literally no one. I haven't had a good gunner ever. Why?

Comments

  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At least it's only one seat with one job.
    Try the c class blimp and look at the despair of people that hop on it. I lost count how many people i had to report,after they sent me back a hate mail ,for telling them there is an AA seat that can deal with planes.
    All vehicles should have a mandatory 1 hour tutorial where you're put against evil conditions,and forced to play all seats and learn them.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you’re a pilot and you want your gunner to do it’s job while still dodging enemy fire hit the brakes and make a right or left turn. This way the enemy pilot does not have an ez shot (moving and aiming in a turn is a lot harder for pilots then gunners). While your gunner has an easy shot on the enemy plane. The turning radius is easily adjusted for and you still have a stable platform, while the brakes help close the distance for an even easier target. Just don’t bounce up and down.
    Don’t just fly a straight line , it becomes a game of chicken and you can easily be the one biting the dust
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey, I know I shouldn't fly in a straight line. But I tried this a few times to give my gunner an easy target. Sort of like switching seats yourself, you'd fly in a straight line but still able to easily wreck the attacker behind you.

    They got plenty of time to do this every time. I hear them shooting the plane behind me. Then I die and see the other plane is at 100% health, or only slightly damaged. Makes me wonder how the hell you can miss all your shots when flying in a straight line. Not just once, but every gunner I've ever had.
  • Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It can be rough both ways honestly. As a pilot, my useless gunners occasionally shoot everything but the plane behind us or use me as a taxi. As a gunner, idiot of a pilot bails at the first sign of danger, veers around so much I can't line up my shots or would fly at stupidly low altitude in Tank range despite me warning over mics not to fly low.
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a bigger problem on console as it can be really difficult to control the gunner position. But even so I've had too many gunners that wont shoot the enemy plane which is on our tail.

    The worst gunner I've ever had kept telling me to keep the plane still so he could shoot the enemy fighter. However I knew the enemy had the anti-airship set-up which would instantly kill us both if on target, so I kept avoiding his fire. All in all I did well, but the guy in my squad who was in the gunner was really salty because I didn't perform the role like HE wanted.
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just have bad wrists but I try my best as your tail gunner! I communicate via mic and I hold my fire for tailgating enemies!
    I may not be a pilot but I am a seasoned tanker and I feel your pain my fellow friends!
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Roy57on wrote: »
    This is a bigger problem on console as it can be really difficult to control the gunner position. But even so I've had too many gunners that wont shoot the enemy plane which is on our tail.

    The worst gunner I've ever had kept telling me to keep the plane still so he could shoot the enemy fighter. However I knew the enemy had the anti-airship set-up which would instantly kill us both if on target, so I kept avoiding his fire. All in all I did well, but the guy in my squad who was in the gunner was really salty because I didn't perform the role like HE wanted.

    Turning down the sensitivity for the turret and HMG turret helps quite a bit. Although, whenever I fly it's in a solo/locked squad, unless I'm in a squad with friends and they understand how to help.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    I appreciate your help in my attack plane, but could you please:

    - stop shooting at everything miles away, giving away our position? Especially when I'm on 20HP, I kind of want to hide and repair.
    - give priority to enemy airplanes? Especially when they're on our tail.



    Seriously, when someone spawns in the gunner seat, my chances of survival drop significantly. Every bloody time, even if I keep the plane steady while being chased, the gunner doesn't manage to do more than 2HP on the enemy airplane. I know it gets a bit dizzy, but it's really not that hard to just lead your shots a bit. Everyone has to learn, of course, but why hasn't anyone learned by now? Literally no one. I haven't had a good gunner ever. Why?

    Yes pilot I agree to your terms but here's ours. Stop bailing out and letting the plain nose dive into the dirt. I ge t in the back seat and focus on the attacking plane and the next thing I know the plane is crashing.
  • Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    I appreciate your help in my attack plane, but could you please:

    - stop shooting at everything miles away, giving away our position? Especially when I'm on 20HP, I kind of want to hide and repair.
    - give priority to enemy airplanes? Especially when they're on our tail.



    Seriously, when someone spawns in the gunner seat, my chances of survival drop significantly. Every bloody time, even if I keep the plane steady while being chased, the gunner doesn't manage to do more than 2HP on the enemy airplane. I know it gets a bit dizzy, but it's really not that hard to just lead your shots a bit. Everyone has to learn, of course, but why hasn't anyone learned by now? Literally no one. I haven't had a good gunner ever. Why?

    Yes pilot I agree to your terms but here's ours. Stop bailing out and letting the plain nose dive into the dirt. I ge t in the back seat and focus on the attacking plane and the next thing I know the plane is crashing.

    ^^^Here right about that
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    or refusing to repair/nosediving into a blimp 4no reason
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As I pilot I don't think I've ever bailed out with more than 3HP left. :tongue: Though yes, there's a lot of bad pilots. You see them fly super low and you're wondering "is this guy crazy good and does he know what he's doing?" *crash* nope, he wasn't.

    However, I do feel flying is a lot harder than being the gunner. So I can forgive a crashing pilot, but a gunner that doesn't hit anything while flying in a straight line, that's harder to forgive...
  • badDrumma
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As someone who has, maybe, 40% of my playing time being a pilot, i do this way...
    a) if playing with platoon and using TS, i join a squad with them and let one of them help me as a gunner, and i can tell them what to do, and so they can warn me when i am being chased;
    2- if playing alone, i won't join any squad and just play...alone. seat switching is still effective. very noobish, but effective.

    don't fly with someone you don't know...
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    I appreciate your help in my attack plane, but could you please:

    - stop shooting at everything miles away, giving away our position? Especially when I'm on 20HP, I kind of want to hide and repair.
    - give priority to enemy airplanes? Especially when they're on our tail.



    Seriously, when someone spawns in the gunner seat, my chances of survival drop significantly. Every bloody time, even if I keep the plane steady while being chased, the gunner doesn't manage to do more than 2HP on the enemy airplane. I know it gets a bit dizzy, but it's really not that hard to just lead your shots a bit. Everyone has to learn, of course, but why hasn't anyone learned by now? Literally no one. I haven't had a good gunner ever. Why?

    Yes pilot I agree to your terms but here's ours. Stop bailing out and letting the plain nose dive into the dirt. I ge t in the back seat and focus on the attacking plane and the next thing I know the plane is crashing.

    I agree with this guy! I may not fly but I do tail gun quite often. I try to put myself not your shoes especially since I’m a tanker. Even as a tanker I go down with my ship just doesn’t mean everyone else has to die! I’ll tell you folks to bail out long before I do and if I do which is rare.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    badDrumma wrote: »
    As someone who has, maybe, 40% of my playing time being a pilot, i do this way...
    a) if playing with platoon and using TS, i join a squad with them and let one of them help me as a gunner, and i can tell them what to do, and so they can warn me when i am being chased;
    2- if playing alone, i won't join any squad and just play...alone. seat switching is still effective. very noobish, but effective.

    don't fly with someone you don't know...

    How do you not play with someone you dont know if soneone spawns in your gunners seat?
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Spot ground targets/ enemy aircraft for the pilot and try to take them out if in range...seems kind of obvious really as you've no chance of downing an enemy at distance from the gunner seat especially as the pilot is usually turning/ looping for his attack run
  • badDrumma
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    badDrumma wrote: »
    As someone who has, maybe, 40% of my playing time being a pilot, i do this way...
    a) if playing with platoon and using TS, i join a squad with them and let one of them help me as a gunner, and i can tell them what to do, and so they can warn me when i am being chased;
    2- if playing alone, i won't join any squad and just play...alone. seat switching is still effective. very noobish, but effective.

    don't fly with someone you don't know...

    How do you not play with someone you dont know if soneone spawns in your gunners seat?

    Don't join any squad, and no one will spawn on your plane...guess this works, at least with Attack Plane.
  • Forkbeard84
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    badDrumma wrote: »
    badDrumma wrote: »
    As someone who has, maybe, 40% of my playing time being a pilot, i do this way...
    a) if playing with platoon and using TS, i join a squad with them and let one of them help me as a gunner, and i can tell them what to do, and so they can warn me when i am being chased;
    2- if playing alone, i won't join any squad and just play...alone. seat switching is still effective. very noobish, but effective.

    don't fly with someone you don't know...

    How do you not play with someone you dont know if soneone spawns in your gunners seat?

    Don't join any squad, and no one will spawn on your plane...guess this works, at least with Attack Plane.

    I don't think that will work to avoid spawns in your plane. You won't be in a squad but your plane will show as blue and any empty seats will be available to spawn into by any team member.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Good players dont sit in the gunnerseat,especially not with a random pilot. Thats why you only get bad guys there. Its just useless to be gunner unless another plane chases you. In this case you shoot him 5secs and you should jump out helping your team,against anything else the gunner is useless. Yeah you can spot,but any player can do that.
Sign In or Register to comment.