My issues with the General Liu

ashar_saleem121
1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
After DICE added the new bolt action mode for the General Liu medic rifle, I was very excited to increase my versatility as a close range medic with the ability to counter snipe enemies shooting into the point.

And while using the GLiu is extremely fun when you pick off a headshot from distance on a sniper who isn't expecting you to be able to touch him at that range. And then switch back to semi to deal with an assault player trying to rush the cap, there are a number of issues which I have experienced.

The first one being the lack of the ability to steady your scope in bolt action mode. With the damage model being suited for longer ranges, it is much more advisable to aim for the head in mid range situations otherwish you will end up hitting your enemy for 72 damage which won't even give you and assist as kill. But aiming for the head is a lot harder when you don't have the ability to hold your breath and take more deliberate aim. This might be a deliberate design choice but it seems ill advised to me.

Secondly, there is an annoying bug where if you try and hit quick back to back shots while coming out of ADS each time, the gun will jitter when you go back into ADS for the follow ups. It messes up your aim and I think even causes phantom bullets. It's super annoying especially considering my above point about only hitting 72 damage.

Here are a couple videos showcasing the above issue

Here you can see the jitter plus ghost bullets

Thirdly, when you try the pop and swap with your rifle and pistol, your aim gets temporarily dragged 180 degrees or so as you switch to your sidearm.

I've already filed a bug report for number 2 but I havent seen a response for a month. The third issue also has a bug filed for it. Is anyone else seeing these issues.

Comments

• Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NANI!?
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the lack of a "hold breath" function is a good balancing decision on DICE's part. I haven't experienced any issues like the ones you describe, so I'm not much help here.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    I think the lack of a "hold breath" function is a good balancing decision on DICE's part. I haven't experienced any issues like the ones you describe, so I'm not much help here.

If they didn't want a hold breath function, they should have made the damage model for mid range instead of long range. Something like the Lebel. The SMLE might have been too close range.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The bug you speak of was unfortunately left cause it was down to a time issue. It was either leave the small bug or not have the bolt action mode.

After 30 service stars all after the bolt action mode was in I can say it doesn’t bother me.

Sure I do wish I could hold my breath to steady aim but after 30 million in scout score using both scoped and infantry rifles ive just learn to time the sway to when I fire.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I noticed the ghost bullets too sometimes with this rifle. But as it is hard to tell where the bullet is going with this rifle anyways, it could just be spread due to moving while firing.
  • ashar_saleem121
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    The bug you speak of was unfortunately left cause it was down to a time issue. It was either leave the small bug or not have the bolt action mode.

After 30 service stars all after the bolt action mode was in I can say it doesn’t bother me.

Sure I do wish I could hold my breath to steady aim but after 30 million in scout score using both scoped and infantry rifles ive just learn to time the sway to when I fire.

It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. Im about 11 stars in. The nature of the bug is what kills me. Every weapon in the game ADS'es. I want to know the code behind this. What causes something so simple and basic to have a bug in it.

Also, there have been two patches since the bolt action mode was introduced. It doesn't seem like a hard fix to do.

It's the same with trying to vault and then becoming prone. How are those two even remotely connected is what I want to know
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »
    NANI!?

My Japanese is rusty but

Hai Tashikani!

Yep “what” is right! I have this same issue I just now make sure I have time to steady my aim before firing. Been sticking with medium range.
  • ashar_saleem121
    KermitJ wrote: »
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »
    NANI!?

My Japanese is rusty but

Hai Tashikani!

Yep “what” is right! I have this same issue I just now make sure I have time to steady my aim before firing. Been sticking with medium range.

Okay so it's not just me. Steadying your aim isn't always possible since you can't hold your breath either
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    No the gun no matter which mode be it semi auto Or automatic has a bit of sway after firing. I felt even a bit more with bolt action mode but again may have just been me.

Also do you have the bayonet on? The bayonet increases recoil as well as making ads slower.

Again I’ll do some messing around with the gen lui tonight. I’ll get back to you
    After DICE added the new bolt action mode for the General Liu medic rifle, I was very excited to increase my versatility as a close range medic with the ability to counter snipe enemies shooting into the point.

And while using the GLiu is extremely fun when you pick off a headshot from distance on a sniper who isn't expecting you to be able to touch him at that range. And then switch back to semi to deal with an assault player trying to rush the cap, there are a number of issues which I have experienced.

The first one being the lack of the ability to steady your scope in bolt action mode. With the damage model being suited for longer ranges, it is much more advisable to aim for the head in mid range situations otherwish you will end up hitting your enemy for 72 damage which won't even give you and assist as kill. But aiming for the head is a lot harder when you don't have the ability to hold your breath and take more deliberate aim. This might be a deliberate design choice but it seems ill advised to me.

Secondly, there is an annoying bug where if you try and hit quick back to back shots while coming out of ADS each time, the gun will jitter when you go back into ADS for the follow ups. It messes up your aim and I think even causes phantom bullets. It's super annoying especially considering my above point about only hitting 72 damage.

Thirdly, when you try the pop and swap with your rifle and pistol, your aim gets temporarily dragged 180 degrees or so as you switch to your sidearm.

I've already filed a bug report for number 2 but I havent seen a response for a month. The third issue also has a bug filed for it. Is anyone else seeing these issues.

• ashar_saleem121
    KermitJ wrote: »
    No the gun no matter which mode be it semi auto Or automatic has a bit of sway after firing. I felt even a bit more with bolt action mode but again may have just been me.

Also do you have the bayonet on? The bayonet increases recoil as well as making ads slower.

Again I’ll do some messing around with the gen lui tonight. I’ll get back to you

It's not the usual sway of the muzzle. It is sharp jitter that only happens when you take quick follow up shots in BA mode