Any Aim Assist for consoles need to get turned off fast

Comments

• Popa2caps
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also BFs version of aim assist is easily exploited by peripherals on console. Cronusmax even had 2 different methods of exploiting it to make it as strong as like Destiny or Borderlands.

Remove it and those people can't use it.

I am in favor of slowdown though, if it works like bf4 slowdown or bf1 at Turning Tides when AA got nerfed heavily. But even now in bf1, slowdown has some auto tracking to it, which is ridiculous.

true that, I can't even play BF1 normal mode because of how bad the assist is. I'm stuck to hardcore (I like it) mode, but wish Dice would go back the normal settings of when i started with Battlefield 2 modern combat on the first Xbox. Friendly fire, Little icons, 1 shot snipers, It felt like a sandbox with how open everything was, it was great. Spawn kills, hiding in the teams base and planting C4 or landmines under their vehicles, was sweet. Now with Battlefield 5 it's some action movie with features to make one feel they are doing something.

• MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    Also BFs version of aim assist is easily exploited by peripherals on console. Cronusmax even had 2 different methods of exploiting it to make it as strong as like Destiny or Borderlands.

I am in favor of slowdown though, if it works like bf4 slowdown or bf1 at Turning Tides when AA got nerfed heavily. But even now in bf1, slowdown has some auto tracking to it, which is ridiculous.

true that, I can't even play BF1 normal mode because of how bad the assist is. I'm stuck to hardcore (I like it) mode, but wish Dice would go back the normal settings of when i started with Battlefield 2 modern combat on the first Xbox. Friendly fire, Little icons, 1 shot snipers, It felt like a sandbox with how open everything was, it was great. Spawn kills, hiding in the teams base and planting C4 or landmines under their vehicles, was sweet. Now with Battlefield 5 it's some action movie with features to make one feel they are doing something.

There is no difference in aim assist in core and hardcore modes of BF1.
    You are using the same aim assist as every one else.
  • Popa2caps
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018

Hardcore doesn't have aim assist, It's turned off on Xbox One 100% i also have the settings all turned off in the settings of the title. (under gameplay). Go test it out Battlefield hardcore = no assist for aiming at all.
  • Verikauha
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Never use aim assist. Its totally NO NO! And actually I dont care, because they who use it, they never learn. So thats win win situation to me.

My normal setup is:

-Hardcore
    -HUD completely off
    -NO aim assist

I love it...
  • Popa2caps
    Verikauha wrote: »
    Never use aim assist. Its totally NO NO! And actually I dont care, because they who use it, they never learn. So thats win win situation to me.

My normal setup is:

-Hardcore
    -HUD completely off
    -NO aim assist

I love it...

O very nice setup, I do the first two, but i shoot too many team members without team icons. I do have the icons like flags and objects turned down to 10% so i can see better.
  • MayorMarionBarry

Hardcore doesn't have aim assist, It's turned off on Xbox One 100% i also have the settings all turned off in the settings of the title. (under gameplay). Go test it out Battlefield hardcore = no assist for aiming at all.

Is it different than PS4? I play on PS4, and there absolutely is both aim assists.
    I am pretty sure that it's the exact same thing on XBox.

Is there some dev confirmation or this is your own observations?

Hardcore mode on PS4 was nothing but bolt actions and shotguns because of the snap assist.
    I can confirm because I abused auto-rotation and the M.95 exclusively on BF1 hardcore mode for the first 6 months playing this game.

And believe me, I was not aiming for myself.
  • Verikauha
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Verikauha wrote: »

My normal setup is:

-Hardcore
    -HUD completely off
    -NO aim assist

I love it...

O very nice setup, I do the first two, but i shoot too many team members without team icons. I do have the icons like flags and objects turned down to 10% so i can see better.

Its not that different even you can not see icons and flags. It takes like 1-2 days to learn. You just must remember (all the time) which side you are.
  • Popa2caps
    edited September 2018

Is it different than PS4? I play on PS4, and there absolutely is both aim assists.

Hardcore mode on PS4 was nothing but bolt actions and shotguns because of the snap assist.
    I can confirm because I abused auto-rotation and the M.95 exclusively on BF1 hardcore mode for the first 6 months playing this game.

I have yet to notice it, also my settings have it turned off from the start, but even when joining the server it states aim assist is turned off. I can try to get a picture, but the last 6 or so months i have never seen aim assist for Xbox Hardcore servers. Most servers i play on are player owned, could be the reason. That would be dumb to play hardcore with aim assist, WTF.

I'm even testing the beta with all the assist off and made 45/15 some of those xbox players suck.
  • MayorMarionBarry

I have yet to notice it, also my settings have it turned off from the start, but even when joining the server it states aim assist is turned off. I can try to get a picture, but the last 6 or so months i have never seen aim assist for Xbox Hardcore servers. Most servers i play on are player owned, could be the reason. That would be dumb to play hardcore with aim assist, WTF.

I'm even testing the beta with all the assist off and made 45/15 some of those xbox players suck.

Oh yeah you must be playing on RSP servers. I've played on a couple of RSP servers with no aim assist, and it was awesome, but in the official Dice Hardcore servers both aim assists are on (says in the options) and everyone is running a bolt action, a shotgun, or a Medic RSC and snap killing everything they see.

I've had the assists turned off for months now, and turned them off on BFV beta, still doing decently I think.

There are a lot of people doomsdaying about how taking out auto-rotation for BFV will ruin their experience, but if it's out from launch, I doubt anybody will even notice. There will just be a slightly sharper learning curve, and everybody is on a level playing field.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Official hardcore servers have aim assist enabled; you've been playing on RSP with it off
  • Popa2caps

Oh yeah you must be playing on RSP servers. I've played on a couple of RSP servers with no aim assist, and it was awesome, but in the official Dice Hardcore servers both aim assists are on (says in the options) and everyone is running a bolt action, a shotgun, or a Medic RSC and snap killing everything they see.

I've had the assists turned off for months now, and turned them off on BFV beta, still doing decently I think.

There are a lot of people doomsdaying about how taking out auto-rotation for BFV will ruin their experience, but if it's out from launch, I doubt anybody will even notice. There will just be a slightly sharper learning curve, and everybody is on a level playing field.

O damn that crazy aim assist for hardcore, WTF Dice. I might pick the game up for PC, i really can't stand Aim Assist at all, I'll use a controller on PC. Plus my Xbox One OG is super slow i might just play PC gaming from on. Rather get cheated than play with everyone able to cheat.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Hi,
    Yes - PS4 aim assist and snap is a real annoyance. I was in the base area lying on the floor, and the opponent jumped around the corner, and killed me instantly - never got a shot off. There was no lag in the game at the time.

BF is now designed for the casual gamer - there is more money in it.

If they produce a server setting where these aspects such as assists are removed, then will be helpful.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Z1R08
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hi guys, It's true, it's harder to aim with a controller but assist is an unfair advantage. There should be servers that allow it (for all) and others that don't (for all). I think it's an easy solution.

BF aside I have the same problem with CS; but that one has aim bots. I used to be on top of the score board and now I struggle to be in the middle. It sucks because BF and CS are the only FPS games I play.
  • They could have aim assist set to 1 on beginner servers for new fps players to learn aiming, on normal servers it could be set to off.

How does that help, all that does is teach newbies to rely on aim assist ...
  • I've never relied on aim assist on console, and like most players have over time naturally developed counters to it, unintentionally too, it isn't like we sit down and say "how can we counter aim assist ...", it just comes naturally with time.
    BFV Beta's aim assist was, I think, messed up .. and the reason I say that is because all of a sudden I was some kind of GOD with a gun, I was massacring people, and I never do that, I'm not (or at least didn't think I was) a good twitch player. But there was something about BFV that had me rocking some people, I was getting 5, 6 kills per death easily, and that doesn't happen in BF1. Something about the BFV Beta was working with my play style and not against it, especially up close and personal in CQB near points, and I think that something was that other players weren't able to aim assist on me as easily. I think the faster TTK also helped me, because I've always been good at getting the drop on people, I have good situational awareness in the game, but I almost never played Assault or Recon in BF1 and that definitely puts you at a disadvantage when taking points.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like your zeal.

Slowdown is fine IMO but snapping is a joke.

Unfortunately BF is a joke now so I expect we’ll see it return despite what was stated in the dev talks.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist gets you killed when suddenly a lot of players are in front of you, it always snaps on the wrong enemy.

So I disabled it.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like the idea of aim-assist as a way of including more people in gaming, especially people who may be using alternative controls/controllers due to their circumstances.

As it is something that is official rather than a cheat it can be monitored and continually developed.

Everybody should be able to play together. It's only when you're faced with losing your ability to play games that you realise this is something that could be very useful.

At least keep an open mind.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Z1R08 wrote: »
    Hi guys, It's true, it's harder to aim with a controller but assist is an unfair advantage.

The discussion is about consoles, not PC. Everyone on consoles has aim assist, so it isn't an unfair advantage in the slightest.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Z1R08 wrote: »
    Hi guys, It's true, it's harder to aim with a controller but assist is an unfair advantage.

The discussion is about consoles, not PC. Everyone on consoles has aim assist, so it isn't an unfair advantage in the slightest.
    But it certainly helps someone's bad skills giving them kills they wouldn't normally get without it, decreasing the skill gap and not giving them incentive to learn to aim and to develop actual muscle memory.

Removing auto rotation will help a lot with what I have said, so people will actually have to aim for themselves this time.