Tank controls

AKalashnikovT
9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Who in God's name came up with these controls really? I play a lot of WOT and I realise that through the options menu I could probably get them pretty close to how I run on there, but who ever thought that this standard setup was a good idea needs to be fired.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The gun traverse locked to player view certainly needs to change.
  • AKalashnikovT
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of things need revamping, like who thought that forward direction should be dictated by the turret direction? And reverse is completely garbage, I can drive the **** out of a tank, but not with this setup.
  • Rogue-Mike
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never played WoT and knew immediately after hoping in a Tank that there was influence.
  • BCC-GK1llA913
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They need a major speed boost too
  • AKalashnikovT
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »
    Never played WoT and knew immediately after hoping in a Tank that there was influence.

No, WOT has absolutely no influence on these controls. And EA took absolutely nothing from WOT. And based off what I know about tanks, these ones are terrible. I understand they have to be tweaked in order to fit this game but let's be honest 8.8cm that came with the tiger I had absolutely no drop at 300m. And the gun does not lob shells, it sends them down range in a hurry. I'm going to adjust the controls tomorrow and see what I come up with but the gun handling and controls layout leave a lot to be desired...A LOT.
  • midgman
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know how to fix the controlls, I find myself turning right or left with the tank and then I move the turret and all of a sudden I'm now turning the opposite way. WTF.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    A lot of things need revamping, like who thought that forward direction should be dictated by the turret direction? And reverse is completely garbage, I can drive the **** out of a tank, but not with this setup.

You can change this, it’s vehicle aim relative control, and you want it off! Also I recommend turning on découple aiming from turning!

Hope that helps!

Also if you’re on console I recommend turning off aim assist, it’s not great for tanks IMO.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    midgman wrote: »
    Anyone know how to fix the controlls, I find myself turning right or left with the tank and then I move the turret and all of a sudden I'm now turning the opposite way. WTF.

Yes sir, see my above comment!
  • SWinTheZone
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018

You can change this, it’s vehicle aim relative control, and you want it off! Also I recommend turning on découple aiming from turning!

Hope that helps!

Also if you’re on console I recommend turning off aim assist, it’s not great for tanks IMO.

I logged in just to thank you because without you I would have gone crazy in BF1 single player!!! <3

Btw, do you know why the tank moves by itself when you stand in one place? It is kind of hard to aim when the tank is moving really slowly by itself!
  • WinterWarhurst

Hope that helps!

I logged in just to thank you because without you I would have gone crazy in BF1 single player!!! <3

Btw, do you know why the tank moves by itself when you stand in one place? It is kind of hard to aim when the tank is moving really slowly by itself!

Someone else told me they had this issue, when I have a rolling tank it’s usually because I’m on an incline, otherwise what you can do is reverse slightly and usually it locks it in park, if that makes sense? If your last input was forward (or whatever direction you’re rolling because you could be rolling backwards) then make sure you don’t have the last movement key/ thumb stick in the same direction. Usually works for me but it is really annoying!