[BFV PC - UK] Ping of 30, but rubberbanding and constant orange circle on HUD (latency variation)

Dynasty2201
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Driving me mad.

On Wifi, no issue in any other games that I can see. Low ping, but I'm bouncing around on servers with pings of below 50, no matter what I do. Running at 90+ FPS.

Just constant latency variation. Spiking to 150 then down, sitting mainly around 30, sometimes changes to 50, then down again etc.

Anyone else? Game is almost unplayable right now no matter what European servers I pick.

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. Its an ongoing problem that I havnt seen acknowledged yet. I even made a topic about it a couple months ago.. Its an off and on problem that seems to effect almost everyone.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well spikes and general inconsistent performances ,are usually immediatly correlated to wifi.there might be something happening around you,that damages the wifi signal.
    I also use wifi: it's 2 meters from my console with a wall inbetween but i still have spikes sometimes.
    I'd suggest to try and cable it just to see if it improves( for me it was useless).
    If it's actually a dice/server problem, we will never know nor have any power on it.
  • Capt_TomAN94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am having this problem with a cabled connection - and it is driving me absolutely crazy. What's incredibly weird is it goes away if I use my cell phone's hotspot to game on.

However keep in mind that I am not having this problem WITH ANY OTHER GAME! Additionally, it seems to mostly happen when I am part host - does anyone have a fix for this?!
  • sadboyltd
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26
    I got this problem from the last january patch. no icons, just sticking to the floor, cant move or get hits to register but everyone else is fine shooting me and running around.
    100/100 wired ~25 ping
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sadboyltd wrote: »
    I got this problem from the last january patch. no icons, just sticking to the floor, cant move or get hits to register but everyone else is fine shooting me and running around.
    100/100 wired ~25 ping

I am also having the same issues.

I get no hit reg for 3-4 seconds with the appropriate seconds being delay. Im usually 11-20ms but i've been spiking from 20ms to 200ms constantly its almost unplayable. I have stable MS on every other game consistantly.

I am wondering if its anything to do with discord not liking BFV too much? I've turned off the high quality packets option but nothings really happened. I am also wired.

I started having this problem a day after the ZK tides of war patch.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps it’s because you’re posting in the BF1 forum and not BFV.

BF1 btw runs as smoothly as butter off of a Dice Dev’s hot butt cheeks.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zooboid wrote: »
    Perhaps it’s because you’re posting in the BF1 forum and not BFV.

BF1 btw runs as smoothly as butter off of a Dice Dev’s hot butt cheeks.

"Hot"???