An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• contractor1986
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this game is great. As some people are saying though the dark areas are too dark and hard to see in. I think the explosives are too weak also. And i am actually enjoying that the spotting is gone. Ive never been a fan of the spotting anyway.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game feels like it is in pre alpha on pc, It feels like unfinished BF1/SWBF2.
    BFV has same movement, models, textures, player rag doll system, physics etc from BF1/SWBF2 only improvement is particles and lighting.
    Tanks movement is like in some indie war game very clunky similar to BF1 but somehow worse.
    It is full of bugs and if they menage to fix it it will be at most similar to BF1/SWBF2.
    They didn't bring anything from older bf titles like bullet drop, player movement, recoil etc.
    New mechanics are still quirky. They wanted to put many new stuff in this game but it is far from finished game and all that new mechanics are more damaging than good bc they are unfinished, even if they are finished some of those wouldn't work.
    Music in menus is sad and not stimulating to go for war, its not bad music but it is not pumping u for war.
    Maps feel empty it doesn't feel like war game.
    BFV is like Dunkirk movie u spend 3 hours of playing for 5 minutes of war.
    It is always 4vs1, 2vs1 or 1vs1 or rarely at best 4vs4 but i still didn't play game where there is all 64 players at same spot.
    That commentator is talking to much in last game he said dog 1000 times in one minute it was so annoying i jumped from the bridge in Rotterdam , u revive guy and he tells u cheerios mate or something like that, it doesn't feel like war but some cartoon or something.

So you say that everything is the same as BF1/SBWF but then you go on to criticize all of the things that are new and different? Do you want them to make it different or keep it the same?
  • 0___geSc___0
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a bit unhappy with the Snipers atm, because of felt 50% Snipers in the game. Maybe there can be a hint to make them visible like in BF3 or 4 if theyare using scope (Little light reflecting). I think that would be enough. I am against a Sniper-Limit but this would help to Limit Gameplay of them a bit. Also STG44 is a bit too powerful...
  • theRTT
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Watch that video for great feedback. Take it as feedback, not as hard criticism. Most things he mentions in this video are correct and I hope you guys will watch it and do something with it.

theRTT
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I genuinely think the beta on PC is amazing. The graphics are lovely, the effects are second to none and the sound of the weapons are accurate.
    The only bugs I have encountered so far are;
    1. My player got killed near a wall and when I was revived, my player could only look into the air. I could not get the player to look where I moved the mouse.
    2. DirectX 12 option enabled stops the game from loading the map. The game only works with this off.
    3. The game is poorly optimized at the moment - im hoping for a better 4K experience when its finally released.
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Not impressed the soldiers and guns have no weight to them, the limited ammo also sucks, they made the game faster and now you have to look for ammo and be distracted from actual combat, the bleeding out gimmick is a deathtrap. Totally didn't feel like intense combat, more like a run and gun game on ice.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On the normal PS4, I am getting a tonne of frame rate drop, even when there's nothing going on around my character.
  • lorenzburg
    63 postsMember Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm really enjoying the beta (PS4), the two maps are good and also the grand operation on Narvik. The guns and vehicles are good.
    I don't mind the lack of ammo generally, at least this gives the players who don't conquer/defend points in conquest a reason to do it or they will surely die because they ran of out ammo.

The only thing I have to point out about the game (not about the beta, it's just a beta):
    - The assault class can use the grenade launchers, it's ok, but I would make it viable only if you have a rifle as your primary weapon.
    - The medics with the SMGs ... I think that SMGs should be only for assault and the semi automatic rifles for the medics, it was fine as it was in BF1, or at least if the medic class is going to have an "assault medic" then yes, that archetype should have SMGs but ordinary medics to me shouldn't be able to use them.
    - The british assault feels weird, really a pilot?
    - The revive: I think that in some cases a soldier shouldn't be able to be revived, such as headshots.

About the other stuff since it's a beta and will get fixed, to me are not a problem

Just my brief wishlist:
    - since elite classes aren't going to come back, I really hope that the Flamethrower class will come back as an assault archetype
    - howitzers! In BF1 it was a pity that howitzers were so few! It's WW1! I can only remember on Caporetto, Verdun's Heights and Rupture, probably I missed some maps but at the end of the day there are too few howitzers! I hope that in BFV there will be more! At least 1 per faction in the faction base sector. Maybe not in every map, but surely more than in BF1.
    - sound really a CoDish thing but since now in BFV there are the special reinforcements that the squad commander can call in, I think that they should make more of those reinforcements and give players the possibility to choose what they want to use during the battles, just like when you choose what killstreaks you want to be able to use in battle.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Main menu music for Battlefield V

• Nimrod303
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if this has been mention but having only 4 squad mates is very restrictive. I would look like to with more of my friends and have them in the same squad I doubt this will change though.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nimrod303 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mention but having only 4 squad mates is very restrictive. I would look like to with more of my friends and have them in the same squad I doubt this will change though.

I agree with this, older BF games like BF2 had 6 man squads!

Me and my friends had to split into two separate squads to play together yesterday and even then one of the squads was like 2 people. Now even more of them will be playing today.
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    - Give us the option to skip the bleedout animation and go to the loadout screen

- Give us the ability to refuse a revive

- The STG is far far FAR too powerful. Its the Helreigel all over again.

- Sniping feels great except for bullet speed and drop. We need a better indication of both.

- Give us the ability to adjust our scope distances like we have been able to in previous games

- We need better indicators that our health is low. At the moment we have no way of knowing withouit actually looking directly at the bar.

- Better fall damage indication. My guy will barely make a noise yet over half my health is gone

- Either buff the anti-vehicle weapons or make vehicles have less health. Because right now it takes a team of assault troops and several deaths to take down a single tank

- Aircraft are perfectly balanced and feel great. Amazing job on that.

- Ambient noises and distant gunshots are very quiet at times. It makes the action feel very far away and makes the game feel empty.

Thats all I got so far.
  • oneviaS13
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Great everything, but the only issue I'm seeing is the 1+1 magazine concept. It's just not enough ammo.

Anyways before anyone tells me to go play COD or want to talk about older Battlefields, I'll just say that BF2 had 1+4 magazines and BF1942 also had 1+4 magazines.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Beta is explosive! BFV goes well beyond a reskin of BF1 - there are some major changes in gameplay that are both incredibly new and fresh while returning to the feel of Battlefields past. DICE has done it again, this game is truly adrenaline-packed WW2.

Highlights:
    - Gunplay is exceptional, weapons feel and fire more like real guns, aiming and firing requires more skill and control, makes for much more intense firefights
    - Scarcity does wonders for the tactical pace of the game, every round counts, much more consideration put into positioning well for a good shot
    - Squad reliance is maximized with buddy revives and the need for additional ammo and health, I have been sticking with strangers in my squad much more than ever before
    - I am very excited about customization despite some of the controversy - to all the skeptics out there (and I was one of them), you hardly have time to notice what the enemy looks like, but it is clear you are going to be able to make your own soldier look as awesome as you want. Squads/Clans are going to be able to develop some very cool, distinct looks for their own enjoyment, though probably mostly unnoticed by everyone else! Customization is for you mainly, not everyone else...
    - Tanks are back with a vengeance, and their inclusion in scarcity has a great balancing effect.
    - Frostbite environment has yet again improved (if that was possible), from snow on your pants, to facades collapsing, to birds/debris, to the sounds and reports of weapons
    - Very excited about grand operations and the mix of modes, struggle over multiple maps - looking forward to seeing more

Bugs:
    - Need to make it harder to swap guns when you buddy revive (I love my battle buddy, but not necessarily his weapon choices), has been happening every time we revive.

Recommendations/Feedback:
    - Squad reinforcements needs to be examined: shouldn't there be a somewhat of an equivalent between the squad vehicles, maybe a flame tank for each side (Crocodile and Flammpanzer 38(t)) and/or a large Tank Destroyer (Archer/Achilles and Jagdpanther/Jadgtiger). Hoping the list expands to include things like artillery, flamethrowers, heavy mortars, etc. Lots of possibilities and great addition to reward squads.
    - Why do fortifications go from nothing to 10ft sandbag walls, there should be some sort of intermediate stage in case you want to still see over an obstacle to engage an enemy.
    - I remain concerned with an issue that has plagued recent battlefield games and that is the ability for a group of 4-6 friends to all join a single server and be on a single team. I understand no one wants a clan-stacked server, but 4-6 friends doesn't seem too far fetched and reducing the squad size to 4 may make it only tougher. We just want to be able to have two squads of friends be able to matchmake together.
    - Comms! The in-game VOIP should have capability for squad leaders to talk to each other (push to talk?) for coordinating purposes, especially as the complexity and strategy of Grand Operations increases. No one wants to hear everyone on their team (squad only VOIP), but it would be beneficial if squad leaders had a better way of communicating with each other.
    - In lieu of improved comms there could be need for return of a commander (in-game) to direct squads to objectives. A commander could also possibly call in greater and more exclusive "team reinforcements"... Just a thought.
    - Would it be too difficult to revert to "early-war" the vehicles for Fall of Europe? Swap the tiger with the Panzer IV, and the Panzer IV with a Panzer III, and maybe the Churchill with a Matilda II? It could elevate some of the monster tanks like the Tiger and Churchill to "squad reinforcement" status or future DLC. Also would be cool to have Bren Carriers and motorcycles instead of halftracks and Kettenkraftrads for the British side.
    - Consider changing C-47 cut scene to show squadmates in queue to jump/spawn with you from the plane. Would be cool to see each other and good way to get some relief from same cut scene every time you jump.

I am very happy with the Beta and my original concerns with this game are gone - It is now pre-ordered! Great work and I'm looking forward to more content to come!

Ameriken05
    aka [CBRA] SturmSabreSix
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really conflicted on this game right now. Part of me likes it a lot but I don't actually feel like I'm enjoying the game, it feels like work. Hopefully that makes sense because the feeling is hard to describe. Its a good game but there is a fun factor that seems to be missing.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm really conflicted on this game right now. Part of me likes it a lot but I don't actually feel like I'm enjoying the game, it feels like work. Hopefully that makes sense because the feeling is hard to describe. Its a good game but there is a fun factor that seems to be missing.
    I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but after watching some streamers playing the beta... I was just telling some friends the constant looking for health/ammo looks laborious. If that's true then I could see where that would suck the fun out of the game. I'll find out for myself tomorrow when I finally get to try it.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So you say that everything is the same as BF1/SBWF but then you go on to criticize all of the things that are new and different? Do you want them to make it different or keep it the same?

I want change from bf1 ofc, I said that all new mechanics are not polished enough so we cant tell if they will be good or not and it is same engine as bf1 that is by now polished game and ttk and ttd, hit registry etc was off last two days so that was my post it looked really bad. Models looks exactly same as swbf2 models textures also they clothes uniforms and gadgets on they back are all twitching similar to bf1 and swbf2 in first few month...

Crates are already something that every player do as a must, u spawn u run to nearest crate to take only 10 bullets, that is something that is repetitive and will get boring.
    Than bleed out is also to long, music while in game etc all that repetitive things are what ppl in game chat genuinely don't like. Sometimes more new mechanics is not better.

You can see ppl see potential but everyone says it is to early it needs many fixes and how can they fix all this in a month.
    Today game feel much better half of game i have good ttk and ttd and 4 out of 5 hits are registering, but than it gets broken again for few minutes, but it is much better than last two days. Idk if they did something with servers but it is getting better.

Game has its moments where u say well this could be a very good game, but it is far from finished product and next minute u will be like wtf this is so efin broken.
    Today i finally find myself on Rotterdam in first real battle in this game where complete team pushed from D to B it was great moment i wont lie but it is so rare to see battlefield chaos and 60 players at same place in bfV it is usually 2vs2 there.
  • tirrorex
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So ! The game is pretty much unplayable right now.
    Playing 4k, games forces HDR out of the box (nvidia colors, hdr off in win10), colors are randomly switching between hdr and off.
    Switching to direct 11 to prevent HDR enabling doesn't do anything since as soon as i enter a party the game will automatically enable HDR again making itself crash, good job dice o/

Also the friend list is completly buggued, the mouse doesn't have the same sensitivity in the menu AND on top of that there is a delay on the menu mouse what the hell ?
    This is by far one of the worst experience i had in a beta this year.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018

For me parts that feel like work is running to resupply, capping empty flags to stay high on scoreboard even if it is boring as hell, and it is hard to see players so i need to constantly be 120% aware, bf normal mode with doritos gave u at least moments when u run toward choke points where there is no one behind ur back and u can relax and reset before attacking choke points again, in bfv is just run run run to next flag.
    U stay to defend for few minutes and from mvp u fall down in the middle of scoreboard it was similar in bf1.
    This game normal mode bc nobody is using spotting tools feels more like hardcore and after 3 games i need to stop playing and give my eyes some rest. Also there is that clunkyness in this engine i cant explain it but is just not fluid similar to pubg in first 6 months.
    Doritos are also barely visible, glint also, spotting enemy is pretty hard on eyes.
  • theONEFORCE
    I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but after watching some streamers playing the beta... I was just telling some friends the constant looking for health/ammo looks laborious. If that's true then I could see where that would suck the fun out of the game. I'll find out for myself tomorrow when I finally get to try it.

That's not really the part that is an issue for me. I actually don't mind that element, although I feel like its silly to add in attrition and them put ammo and health crates everywhere. Levelcap is right that its just busy work and doesn't seem to actually help team play. Although its necessary at this point though because its really hard to give out health and ammo. You have to look directly at the person and hit the button. You can't just drop it on the ground near them which doesn't seem like a big deal but it is.

My problem is just an overall feeling.

I think it has something to do with having to concentrate so hard to find the enemy and then you just die out of the blue because it seems like they always know where you are. Or when you check a corner or camp spot and no one is there but that's where you get killed from. And the spawn protection that gets you killed. And the STG's.