What are your thoughts on the overhauled gameplay?

Tinbum1749
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I just simply want to hear different opinions of the new gameplay, such as the attrition aspect, the pace of the game, the gunplay and over feel when playing. Personally, I dont think mind the attrition aspect it is interesting but it definitely makes the game a lot more slower and methodical, which I don't know if I like or dislike. I don't know what it is but the gunplay feels a bit off and although I find the game interesting, there is no thrills or "wow" factor whilst playing.

Comments

• bran1986
    5863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think they are fantastic and it brings Battlefield back to its roots.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I think they are fantastic and it brings Battlefield back to its roots.

agreed, this is what the series needed. a refresh if you will.
  • I enjoy most of the changes. Reduced ammo at spawn is my only big issue. I don’t enjoy having to visit an ammo box every single life or rely on teammates so much.
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I havent liked a BF game since BC2 and it was mostly because each game kept getting faster and faster and more full of dumb gameplay mechanics. I'm loving the slower pace and havent seen any lazy, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ point and click mortars yet. Also noticed limited tank ammo. Im digging it.

All in all, its the most fun ive had in a BF game in the last 8 years since the franchise turned into CoD with vehicles. Now Im crossing my fingers for a Hardcore No Minimap mode on DICE servers. If its already there I havent seen it yet.
  • kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love it, played battlefield since bf vietnam. I welcome the slowed pace and return to actual thought when taking an objective. BF 1, while I enjoyed it, it seemed frantic and mindless, it had got to break neck speeds. Whilst I can imagine those that jumped into the franchise at bf3 and later may not enjoy the overhaul as much. I for one was surprised how much I really enjoy it. It's a buy for for me
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like it. Maps feel empty and Dice is making it clear Vehicles will have very little role in BFV. If I wanted an all infantry game i'd just play COD.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    I don't like it. Maps feel empty and Dice is making it clear Vehicles will have very little role in BFV. If I wanted an all infantry game i'd just play COD.

one of the next maps they are making is a tank based map. you would know this if you watched the recent bf5 video that was posted on youtube.
    also i have seen people go 50-0 with a tank before and i have used the troop carrier to clear quite a few flags.
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InnerD wrote: »

one of the next maps they are making is a tank based map. you would know this if you watched the recent bf5 video that was posted on youtube.
    also i have seen people go 50-0 with a tank before and i have used the troop carrier to clear quite a few flags.

It's not hard to go 50-0 when your only getting resistance from infantry. I want more Tank vs Tank warfare NOT Tank vs Infantry.
  • InnerD
    InnerD wrote: »

It's not hard to go 50-0 when your only getting resistance from infantry. I want more Tank vs Tank warfare NOT Tank vs Infantry.

as i said thats in the works.
  • tengkukira
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Need some improvements on:

1. Killcam - hardly visible and difficult to know where shoot coming from.

2. Add 1 tank destroyer for each faction. So it make more choice and reduce tank time respawn.

3. Rocket launcher need to increase damage when hit tank at side and behind it.

Hope when release have more faction, weapon, land vehicle and plane, and have naval battle.
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m enjoying the gameplay. Once they adjust the lighting a bit I will really enjoy it. Bad compan 2 was my favorite Battlefield, I feel BF5 is more along that games path as far as gameplay. I LOVE how vehicles have to retreat to rearm lik BF2!
  • doctorrocktor
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just love it great changes that were needed.