BF V is actually refreshing to play!

LostMyGolfBall
1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2018
TTK is fast = good. (You have to keep your wits about you and not run around like a headless chicken.) Bullets now kill without having to dump nearly a mag into your enemies!
New urban map is large, detailed and well scoped out so makes for some great tactical gameplay/squad play.
Sounds are awesome on a good setup.
Gunplay - they have got this good, finally.
Vehicles need some work. Tank turrets act a little funny.
Graphics are top notch on the highest settings.

Overall, I have to say I'm pleasantly impressed by BF V. The beta plays really well in terms of fps on the latest driver. ~90 fps on highest on an oc'd 1070 + i7.
Pre-ordered! (Please Dice/EA can you add in 3rd party RSP as there are multiple Clans interested in this game if you do this.) Looking forward to COOP mode.
Great job so far. Shaping up to be a very good game. Very immersive play with squad teamwork/tactics required in order to survive and capture points in the large scale environment.

Thumbs up here. (and I was on the fence as BF1 got boring quickly..BF V IS MILES BETTER!!)

250cc.

Comments

• Aryndol81
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think there's certainly a lot of potential here for a good game. Visuals and sounds are great, and I think the ttk feels a lot better than BF1.

I'm not sure I like the CoD style perks on weapons, but I actually really like the new spotting system.

All of that said, it still dumbed down a little bit for the people who enjoyed the weapon attachments and gear variety from BF4.
  • LostMyGolfBall
    1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aryndol81 wrote: »
    I think there's certainly a lot of potential here for a good game. Visuals and sounds are great, and I think the ttk feels a lot better than BF1.

I'm not sure I like the CoD style perks on weapons, but I actually really like the new spotting system.

All of that said, it still dumbed down a little bit for the people who enjoyed the weapon attachments and gear variety from BF4.

I agree on your points. There are many things to be changed and improved upon including the progression system on weapons and vehicles, upgrades access, soldier visibility, and vehicle handling to name a few.

BFV has A LOT of potential if they can iron out all the bugs and change or improve the ingredients a bit. The gunplay and ttk rate is back on a level between BF3 and 4. Very refreshing. I can see this game appealing to quite a number of folk who skipped BF1 or left it on the shelf after a short period.

It will take around 4-6 months to iron out this game but it is showing so much potential. Looking forward to the COOP mode also. Rotterdam is a very well designed map.

250cc.
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played a beta and now im happy that i didnt pre-ordered.

-Sounds are weak, in the olders games the sounds of guns are much more impresive. Just look at Post Scriptum sound affects, how guns sounds and what are impressive explosions of tanks, how stuka dives.... And this game was created by Indie company. Just shame for BF5.
    -British soldiers running with german guns, without their traditional helmet, doesnt feels like im playing as British guy. Feels more random shooter deathmatch mode.
    -Music also is very bad and anoying.
    -I have no idea what asians are doing here.
    -Just no immersion.
    -Not going to start talking about females...

For me is hard to understand how people can like this game. Looks like they love game only for graphics and meybe they never saw different better games.

I really wanted the best luck for this game, but looks like not going happen.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

-Sounds are weak, in the olders games the sounds of guns are much more impresive. Just look at Post Scriptum sound affects, how guns sounds and what are impressive explosions of tanks, how stuka dives.... And this game was created by Indie company. Just shame for BF5.
    -British soldiers running with german guns, without their traditional helmet, doesnt feels like im playing as British guy. Feels more random shooter deathmatch mode.
    -Just no immersion.

For me is hard to understand how people can like this game. Looks like they love game only for graphics and meybe they never saw different better games.

In the middle of any of the matches I've played I have yet to stop and worry about the ethnicity/gender of the opposing players. I'm just trying to get the kills and take the objectives.

I am also not concerned with what weapons each faction has, is it not feasible to think that a British soldier grabbed a gun from a downed soldier? And that possibly his helmet fell off? It doesn't really take me out of the immersion.

The sounds and soundtrack on this game are amazing. The bugs were it isn't playing at the right times is annoying but when everything is working correctly it sounds fantastic.
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I am also not concerned with what weapons each faction has, is it not feasible to think that a British soldier grabbed a gun from a downed soldier? And that possibly his helmet fell off? It doesn't really take me out of the immersion.

Hm...Tell me this: when british paratrooper could get german weapons and lose helmet, when he just preparing for jump from airplane? Dont make stupid excuses.
  • iAmAnonymousTom
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Canceled my pre-order yesterday. This is the worst Battlefield I've ever played. They changed far too much from what made the formula great.
  • LostMyGolfBall

-Just no immersion.

Do you mind me asking what kind of audio setup you have? I have to disagree on the sounds note... they are fantastic in BF V. (Studio headphones with amp or using large full range external speakers.)

No immersion? I had to be almost physically dragged out of the office by my wife the other evening. BFV has the missing element which BF1 was lacking. (not quite sure which ingredient it is yet. Haven't quite placed my finger on it as it was my first evening testing the beta.) BF1 got boring really fast after a few rounds and I found myself back on BF4 servers for the evening. Now BFV has that addictive goodness. Whether it's the faster, refreshing ttk or the gunplay itself, it's just got that x factor if I can call it that. Loads of potential in this game. It will take time for the Devs to polish it. Be patient. All good games have to start from somewhere.

I have been gaming since the 80s and have every Battlefield since the start. It has been an extremely rocky road but I like the direction Dice is taking this game. I also don't mind if the game isn't an exact historical representation on the era. It's Battlefield which throws its own dynamic twist on the period. At the end of the day, good gunplay ranks high on the wish-list, variety in maps focusing on team-effort with diversity, customization for both weapons, characters and vehicles and good skill progression and award systems will make for an enjoyable game. BF V is showing signs of being one of the better Battlefields but still much to be improved and tweaked. The joys of development.

I have faith in this one as it seems to have that 'X' factor or addictiveness back.

250cc.
  • Broliszibaila
    edited September 2018
    @250ccBicycle

My PC and headphones are builded for gaming. Its really not my audio or headphone problem. Many people has same opinion that sound effects are weak - even Tiger shoots not so loudly.

Go check out Post Scriptum, if you think that this BF5 has amazing sound effects....Dont be blind, dont try defend the real problems. I just want to see great BF game.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hm...Tell me this: when british paratrooper could get german weapons and lose helmet, when he just preparing for jump from airplane? Dont make stupid excuses.

Helmets can fall in free fall and maybe it's not the soldiers first jump, he had the weapon from a previous engagement.

Why get hung up on small details? The game has solid map design and gunplay, it's been enjoyable to play.
  • Broliszibaila

Helmets can fall in free fall and maybe it's not the soldiers first jump, he had the weapon from a previous engagement.

Why get hung up on small details? The game has solid map design and gunplay, it's been enjoyable to play.

What i said? Dont make stupid excuses!
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s early days and of course as with EVERY BF I’ve played in beta and launch (BF4 was a total nightmare for 6-8 months remember) it’s got bugs.

And AS ALWAYS it will by rebalanced and refined for months after launch.

That said it feels closer to older BF titles than BF1 and is certainly much more hardcore.

• LostMyGolfBall
    @250ccBicycle

My PC and headphones are builded for gaming. Its really not my audio or headphone problem. Many people has same opinion that sound effects are weak - even Tiger shoots not so loudly.

Go check out Post Scriptum, if you think that this BF5 has amazing sound effects....Dont be blind, dont try defend the real problems. I just want to see great BF game.

Again I can only comment on my experience so far and the sounds are excellent in BF V albeit needing very slight amplification for weapon fire and explosions. Post Scriptum sounds like when you enable a large area effect on the equalizer. A tad ott but I guess it adds to the immersion and intensity of the game.

I am not defending any problems as you put it, merely stating my findings so far which are based on years of testing and experience, backed with some high end audio hardware from my days in radio. Don't you think it's fair to say - everyone would like to see a great Battlefield game. They can't please everyone but they have the right recipe in BF V.

250cc.
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Slower gameplay. Limited tank ammo. No stupid point and click easy mode mortars.

Im digging it so far. Now if it has a hardcore no minimap mode on official servers and they PROPERLY put in some kind of artillery/mortar Ill buy it day one.

My only main gripe would be that the screen is waaaay cluttered with icons and stuff that i think could be minimalized.
  • DarkestHour138

What am I making an excuse for? I'm just drawing up scenarios in which a British soldier could conceivably have no helmet and a German weapon. You are in fact the one making excuses to not play the game.

Dice has created a game in which each player can customize and play the game how they want in a WW2 setting. If they would have left customization out of the game then the community would ask why we can't customize. But they did include it and now the community is crying that it has females, and apparently mixed weapons, which you are getting hung up on.
  • doctorrocktor
    1876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

-Just no immersion.

In the middle of any of the matches I've played I have yet to stop and worry about the ethnicity/gender of the opposing players. I'm just trying to get the kills and take the objectives.

The sounds and soundtrack on this game are amazing. The bugs were it isn't playing at the right times is annoying but when everything is working correctly it sounds fantastic.

Sound on war tapes is brilliant.
  • Broliszibaila
    edited September 2018

What am I making an excuse for? I'm just drawing up scenarios in which a British soldier could conceivably have no helmet and a German weapon. You are in fact the one making excuses to not play the game.

Dice has created a game in which each player can customize and play the game how they want in a WW2 setting. If they would have left customization out of the game then the community would ask why we can't customize. But they did include it and now the community is crying that it has females, and apparently mixed weapons, which you are getting hung up on.

So draw a scenario, how british soldier in 1940 managed get STG44...

I want to play this game and i want see great BF, but same people has really low standarts like you.
  • DarkestHour138

I want to play this game and i want see great BF, but same people has really low standarts like you.

In a WW2 setting, not historically accurate. My standard is too have fun playing the game, I'm not going to let minor customization options ruin my fun.
  • bmillsy513
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the ttk in this beta over the current BF1 ttk. But don't be shockd if it gets nerfed to bulletsponge range.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I would like to see is being aple to access the weapon upgrades within game and not from the main menu. Unless you can I havnt seen it yet.

So if we don't care about historical accuracy in a damn game, that means we have low standards? Good lord, speaking to a wall would be more productive than talking to you jackwads.

• Broliszibaila
    @DarkestHour138

So why they even cared to declare that this game going be about 1940? Why not 1945?

Good for you, that you can have fun. Keep playing and dont try defend obvious things with stupid excuses. Its okey to be ok with these bad things in the game, if that gives you FUN, but that happens not for everyone. So, go play the game and have fun.