Vehicle exit animations are too long

disposalist
8983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
I like them in BF1. There is a split second where you are vulnerable - you need to be careful and sometimes not get in or out if infantry are watching.

They seem too long in BF5. Especially for passengers and especially for planes. Several times I have bailed out only to end up about a mile away out-of-bounds to die. Ok, so press the button earlier? Then the pilot turns and you end up a mile away out-of-bounds in a different direction...

Earlier I 'got off' that slow half track bike. You'd think it would be quite quick, but I ended up in the canal because it kept slowly rolling while I took ages dismounting hehe.

Comments

• Hrafn-Fel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes! I agree with you it takes so long to get out/off.
  • D3V-GRU
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm glad they are longer. It means peeps can't warp into and out of vehicles at a whim and take on infantry. Once you are in a vehicle you are committed to it, and just like in real life, vulnerable in a dying wreck of a vehicle. This is something I've hoped from Battlefield for a very long time.
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah its a good thing it takes longer. You shouldn't be able to warp out of vehicles instantly.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree especially in planes, I just use them as a taxi they suck anyways.
  • trip1ex
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    the fact they exist at all is annoying. same with all animations.

it might solve some minor issues with enemies popping out of vehicles which maybe could be an advantage. But I think that was relatively rare and now to fix it we have to annoy 99% of players 100% of the time they exit a vehicle even though 98% of the time they just exit a vehicle to exit and not with any nefarious purpose in mind.

• KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only bothers me on airplanes. As a passenger, you should be able to drop where you want, not where the pilot takes you in the next 10 seconds. Hint: most likely out of infantry bounds.
  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Perfect as they are now in my opinion. Plenty of stuff that needs fixing that devs should devote time and attention to. This isn't one of them.
  • disposalist
    8983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just drove a tank. Saw an assault guy running up to me with dynamite from 20 meters away and knew I didn't have room or time to turn, so I thought "I'll jump out and engage him myself". He had planted all dynamite and triggered it just as I got control of my rifle sights.

It's too long. It's REALLY too long for passengers.
  • Polish_Karolkob
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was better in BF4/BF3
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Where were the realism folks during the whole cosmetic issue? Now you want to argue about realism for animations? pathetic
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Where were the realism folks during the whole cosmetic issue? Now you want to argue about realism for animations? pathetic

I wouldn't argue the realistic point, but rather that it balances the game better. No more jump out, shoot the c4 guy and jump back in before anyone can respond. I love alot of the design decisions that slow the gameplay and make people assess situations.
  • rouvio
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They seem too long in BF5. Especially for passengers and especially for planes. Several times I have bailed out only to end up about a mile away out-of-bounds to die. Ok, so press the button earlier? Then the pilot turns and you end up a mile away out-of-bounds in a different direction...

This. Could not agree more to that. It's breaking the game's experience.
    I played BF1 the other day and noticed it's not as quick as you say - it does take some time, tho shorter than BFV.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I wouldn't argue the realistic point, but rather that it balances the game better. No more jump out, shoot the c4 guy and jump back in before anyone can respond. I love alot of the design decisions that slow the gameplay and make people assess situations.

LOL BF4 had a subtle system that told you where an enemy was going to exit, where the gunner turrets were pointed. It was up to the player to "egg on" the driver to make a panicked exit and I loved this because it allowed you to steal vehicles sometimes. I have also been killed and my vehicle stolen by people using the same tactics and I have NEVER felt cheated, just outplayed. Exit animations are a noob hand holding crutch for the crybabies that feel vehicles are OP.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m all for animations (that work).

If it needs to be faster then fine.

The teleporting outside suddenly like in BF4 that needs to be left in the past.

It’s just an outdated mechanic.
  • D3V-GRU
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just drove a tank. Saw an assault guy running up to me with dynamite from 20 meters away and knew I didn't have room or time to turn, so I thought "I'll jump out and engage him myself". He had planted all dynamite and triggered it just as I got control of my rifle sights.

It's too long. It's REALLY too long for passengers.

While I don't agree with you on the current state of the vehicles entry/exit, I would suggest that perhaps the time to get out from a vehicle depends on where you are in it. Certain vehicles are designed to get peeps out fast: open topped vehicles, for example. If you are riding in a Half-track, then you should be able to hop out of the top/back, etc. If you are a tank driver, then you're SOL because you've got to move around a cramped interior and then pop a large metal hatch, etc... Just like in real life, switching seats should take time, so you can't just switch to a fast exit and get out to avoid the long exit.

There is an advantage to getting in a tank, but also a downside. This is the downside.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

LOL BF4 had a subtle system that told you where an enemy was going to exit, where the gunner turrets were pointed. It was up to the player to "egg on" the driver to make a panicked exit and I loved this because it allowed you to steal vehicles sometimes. I have also been killed and my vehicle stolen by people using the same tactics and I have NEVER felt cheated, just outplayed. Exit animations are a noob hand holding crutch for the crybabies that feel vehicles are OP.

I've been on both sides of the tank hop and any competent driver would have the advantage. Having an animation is less noob hand holding than instant access to a vehicle.
  • MigueTK

I've been on both sides of the tank hop and any competent driver would have the advantage. Having an animation is less noob hand holding than instant access to a vehicle.

Having an animation is noob hand holding, they could not handle the vehicle exit "teleport" and the noobs are patting themselves on the back for thinking thinking the animations are a great thing. So many "competent" drivers are easily taken out with a C4 suicide jeep/chopper lmao.