Time To Kill is a Joke...

Comments

• BGisG0d
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game is COD-esque. Even the movement and gun feeling. Whoops.
  • lorenzburg
    63 postsMember Member
    BGisG0d wrote: »
    This game is COD-esque. Even the movement and gun feeling. Whoops.

Probably the time to kill, but surely the speed isn't really like CoD, compared to BFV, in CoD the players are Bolt.
  • aseveredfoot
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I played last night and the disparity between the two is huge. It felt like everyone else with an STG44 was dropping me instantaneously while I was getting tons of hitmarkers and really having to push and work for kills.

Otherwise I love how the game plays.
  • Loqtrall
    12180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Why is nobody else talking about this, the gun upgrades? I want to know how much it "costs" to unlock items. Mark my words, this unlocking mechanic will be the worst in BF yet if they are going to do what I think they are. A live service game needs that constant grind to keep players engaged along with periodic content drips besides just barbie dresses. Knowing how daddy ea operates then the progression systems for everything in the game will be made to be as tedious as possible and may even be artificially restricted like the medals in BF1. I want to be wrong about this but remember the Darth Vader hours unlock meme from battlefront 2?

I think the gun upgrade system is a very bad idea. It will give a major advantage to player who have unlocked it. New players who do not have unlocked anything yet will be at a disadvantage. Experience should be the sole advantage, not having the better guns through this dumb upgrade system. I thought they learned from this in BF BC2.

This is pretty nonsensical. I used the Lee Enfield for THREE matches and when I quit I could buy every upgrade in the tree I wanted for the gun.

You only have to get the thing to like rank 5 and every upgrade was available to buy, one after the other.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think the TTK is all that bad. However DICE has changed lots of things at once and so the faster TTK is exacerbated due to there now being no 3D spotting, nearly everyone has fully auto weapons, health attrition and new maps for people to get used to.
  • 01JPIZZLE10
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only had time to play two rounds so far as medic on PC. Ttk seems fine. I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about just can't run and gun as much and have to think about what you are doing
  • TEKNOCODE
    11476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have had enough time in with the game now to provide an opinion.

I generally prefer higher ttk; however, I like the ttk in bfv. It’s meant to be more tactical with the ammo/health attrition and the ttk plays nicely with this.

Communicate with your squad (or two), play smart and don’t run around like a chicken.
  • Loqtrall
    12180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

I generally prefer higher ttk; however, I like the ttk in bfv. It’s meant to be more tactical with the ammo/health attrition and the ttk plays nicely with this.

Communicate with your squad (or two), play smart and don’t run around like a chicken.

I think a ton of complaints about the overall gameplay and gunplay stem from people who are playing solo, and who are still playing solo like they're playing BF1.

At least 2 people I played with when the early access beta launched were super critical about it - but squads were broken in EVERY aspect and everyone was playing solo, even with communication we could barely keep track of each other.

They did the rolling server restarts and fixed squads, and many of the complaints they had were lessened or ceased to exist once we were all playing as a cohesive unit like in past games, knew each others locations when they die, need cover, need ammo, etc.

Not having a lot of ammo, not having a lot of health, getting killed too quickly, spotting enemies, not being able to get revives, etc - all of those "issues" were completely null when we were working together.

People just need to adapt thier playstyles to the obviously-different-from-BF1 gameplay, and it seems a lot of people take issue with that by default. It's pretty sad.
  • TheGM86
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The TTK in combination with the Attrition system just makes the game feel like garbage.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I think a ton of complaints about the overall gameplay and gunplay stem from people who are playing solo, and who are still playing solo like they're playing BF1.

At least 2 people I played with when the early access beta launched were super critical about it - but squads were broken in EVERY aspect and everyone was playing solo, even with communication we could barely keep track of each other.

They did the rolling server restarts and fixed squads, and many of the complaints they had were lessened or ceased to exist once we were all playing as a cohesive unit like in past games, knew each others locations when they die, need cover, need ammo, etc.

Not having a lot of ammo, not having a lot of health, getting killed too quickly, spotting enemies, not being able to get revives, etc - all of those "issues" were completely null when we were working together.

People just need to adapt thier playstyles to the obviously-different-from-BF1 gameplay, and it seems a lot of people take issue with that by default. It's pretty sad.
    Yep. It went like this for us last night.

When we wanted to take an objective that had an enemy squad in the building between us and the objective, we took turns providing cover fire.

Three (or more) fire at the enemies, while one slips behind cover. The person in cover and two of the other squadmates fire at the enemy while another person slips into cover. Rinse and repeat.

We did this countless times last night and won every match (one match was so close that we didn’t know who won until victory flashed on the screen). We had an absolute blast working as a squad (or two).

That said, I understand the complaints from solo players. I played a half of round by myself...whoa.

Oh, thanks for the revives.
  • Loqtrall
    Oh, thanks for the revives.

MintyPleasingAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm now listening to my old Killing Joke albums. Gonna put some Joy Division on next, but not Spandau Ballet, it isn't really my kind of thing, they were like a rubbish Simple Minds.
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Colactix wrote: »
    Colactix wrote: »
    it's just STG44 wrecking everything on it's way. other guns feel better and more balanced.

STG isn't even that bad. It's the SMGs that seem completely screwed. It's like the TTK is so high Dice's servers can't deal with it, and it sends all the damage in one packet, so it seems like you instantly die. There's no time to react.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

How it's "not that bad" when assault can almost instadrop you from far far away? It's the most broken weapon in the game since pre-alpha.

Because it's been nerfed? Plus, I'm not talking about particular guns. I'm talking about the overall high TTK and how that doesn't sit well with the game design of BFV

On a 64 man server with the current map design I agree with you 100%
  • I haven't played the beta yet. But I'm wondering if this fast dying is due to the typical FPS players' playstyle being overly simplistic and predictable? ie most players want to take the quickest route possible to wherever they want to go, regardless if it means they will expose themselves.

Most fps I've played don't have smart players on average. It's all about mindless assertion that becomes utterly predictable and the players who are being predictable always get angry at everything but themselves--whether it's a smart player or game mechanics, or both.

Question to the players complaining about TTK: how often do you "go around" or "take the long way" when going for an objective or desired location? Every player in the history of FPSs who don't use these tactics have gotten eaten alive.

It might be your playstyle.....
  • TEKNOCODE
    edited September 2018
    I haven't played the beta yet. But I'm wondering if this fast dying is due to the typical FPS players' playstyle being overly simplistic and predictable? ie most players want to take the quickest route possible to wherever they want to go, regardless if it means they will expose themselves.

Most fps I've played don't have smart players on average. It's all about mindless assertion that becomes utterly predictable and the players who are being predictable always get angry at everything but themselves--whether it's a smart player or game mechanics, or both.

Question to the players complaining about TTK: how often do you "go around" or "take the long way" when going for an objective or desired location? Every player in the history of FPSs who don't use these tactics have gotten eaten alive.

It’s exactly this.

Our two squads played quite methodical last night and we destroyed enemy squads.

Edit: Some good advice here rates to squad play...
    image0.png
    image0.png
  • Hawxxeye
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think there are some serious issues of ttk and ttd disparity.
    I am prety sure all these full auto weapons deliver to my soldier compressed chunks of damage with my 60-80ish ping
  • TTK should be lowered a bit but we also need a bit more ammo to compensate. I’m running out more than I think is reasonable as is, without going out of my way to an ammo box every single life or getting lucky with a teammate handing it out.
  • TheGM86
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played the beta yet. But I'm wondering if this fast dying is due to the typical FPS players' playstyle being overly simplistic and predictable? ie most players want to take the quickest route possible to wherever they want to go, regardless if it means they will expose themselves.

It’s exactly this.

Our two squads played quite methodical last night and we destroyed enemy squads.

Edit: Some good advice here rates to squad play....
    A thing that has never existed in Battlefield when you aren't playing with friends.

• AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Im liking the TTK. Ive thought the TTK has gotten ridiculously high since BC2. Battlefield has gotten a little too fast paced run n gunny since BF3 and this one has FINALLY pumped the brakes on the series' speed.

Its felt like CoD with with vehicles for a while now and its refreshing to not have to go back to decade old tactical shooters for slower gameplay, finally.

If it had limited sprint and less HUD Id probably preorder it.
  • doctorrocktor
    1876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Nail on the head,i think some players want easy mode and don't want to change or learn about the changes.im having a blast just love it.
This discussion has been closed.