Weekly Debrief

By far the WORST multiplayer FPS I've ever played!

peterandrewd89
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So, new player here. I bought this game as I wanted to experience the awesome graphics and gameplay....little did I know, the multiplayer was overhyped.
I am a Call of Duty fan, CS: GO fan, and fan of most other popular FPS games, never sucked at any of them. I wanted to give Battlefield multiplayer a try to try and get away from CoD...but with constant ping of 400+, never even getting an opportunity to contribute to my team in team deathmatch, and therefore not being able to enjoy the much hyped multiplayer...this game is a rip off. Fix the f'n servers, NOW!!

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought you were talking about BFV for a second, are you?
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This game is too chaotic and fast paced, especially with TTK2.0 and the servers being what they are to start in TDM, you need to try slower paced Conquest to get your bearings, that or down a full carton of energy drinks to get in the zone.

It has seen better days for sure.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So, new player here. I bought this game as I wanted to experience the awesome graphics and gameplay....little did I know, the multiplayer was overhyped.
    I am a Call of Duty fan, CS: GO fan, and fan of most other popular FPS games, never sucked at any of them. I wanted to give Battlefield multiplayer a try to try and get away from CoD...but with constant ping of 400+, never even getting an opportunity to contribute to my team in team deathmatch, and therefore not being able to enjoy the much hyped multiplayer...this game is a rip off. Fix the f'n servers, NOW!!

Of course you're going to have a terrible time playing with 400 ping. When I played CSGO with 200 ping, I had a horrific time, but it wasn't exactly the game's fault that I had terrible lag, now was it?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. Never use quickmatch, only server browser
    2. Don't play TDM, because you'll never experience all of what Battlefield has to offer that way

But I will agree with you that BF1's MP is the worst main Battlefield MP I've played. It's a decent game, just not a good Battlefield game, IMO.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    Your ping aside the game runs especially feces today, servers spiking over 1000 ping at times, rubberband galore. Half the servers that is the rest was as normal, making it less on my end right?
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Okay.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    400 ping...complains about game. How about VPN from US to Amsterdam and thru Spain, back to EA servers in San Jose, CA using DSL, 3mbps up and 1.5 mbps down. All your K/D is mine...400 ping indeed.
  • KnucklesNilan
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your ping is high and the entire game sucks? That makes no sense at all. The MP is decent enough, but agree with others who indicated the pace is much too fast and chaotic to employ and form of tactic. The maps look pretty, but players running from cap to cap, certainly does the game no justice. I still have fun with it though..
  • DaMutha1
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I assumed this was just a troll post
  • von_Campenstein
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

Isn't it all just a big troll at this stage?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

Isn't it all just a big troll at this stage?

We are all trolls on this blessed day.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Move over, more of us can fit under this bridge.
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well OP you are new to the game, give it a chance (play more) Personally BF1 is not may favorite also, BF3 was more then amazing. BF4 was after 6 months of release better playable.