deleted

Comments

• montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think gunplay is better which is a huge plus, but to be fair there are still many things I liked a lot more in BF1.

I'll reserve final judgement on the game until it is officially released, but as of right now I think BF5 is on par with BF1 as far as my enjoyment. I did really like BF1.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP you are spot on. This game is easily the best bf since bad company 2. I'm so excited for the full release and absolutely loving the beta.

Ha! that was a good joke.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    una322 wrote: »

Much of what you pointed out will be tweaked over time, I guess I'm just looking at the overall game and style of play that the devs are aiming for and I'm really enjoying the direction its heading.

Speaking of tanks: I love the fact that the turret cannot move as fast as the camera -- more much needed realism.
  • skates15
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

I agree, the excitement does not match BF1 at all. I play a game if it's exciting and everything else is secondary. I find this about as exciting as Battlefront II.
  • WILDSC0RPI0N
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mdmnk0 wrote: »
    I've logged a little over 27 in-game days on Battlefield 1, 24 days of which were spent as support class.

Whereas BF1 feels more like an arcade version of Battlefield, BFV feels slower paced, strategic and realistic. Although it needs some work, I feel that overall BFV is a major improvement in every area save for a few.

MAJOR Improvements
    • Gunplay: although ttd needs some slight adjustment, I love being forced to play the corners and maneuver strategically. There's less COD-style fights where you blindly rush (pray and spray)
    • Removal of spotting system + camo This has vastly improved the game, i've been able to hide on the ground with large groups of enemies running right past me, pick a few off and keep hiding... this is absolutely wonderful and will be even better with sileceners and various camo options -- makes skins and customizations make sense
    • Crate interactions: I thought I'd hate the new interaction system as I enjoy getting hundreds of resupplies in a round... it feels nice though and makes me think harder about where I place crates, I believe players will learn over time to interact with them properly. A suggestion I have here: much longer crate re-placement cooldowns (like 1 to 2 minutes) and the ability to pick a placed crate back up would be awesome.
    • Movement system: Needs a small amount of polish but feels smooth and hugely improved. Vaulting is smooth as is sliding around corners and ducking for cover -- I also really like that I can finally jump through un-broken windows. Tee Buggin has also been improved... feels faster and more fluid... and its more fun to do when your enemy is begging for a revive >:)
    • Graphics / destruction: Improved character models and the destruction looks great
    • Gun customizations: I like it thus far, I'm glad upgrades lock in and force me to collect more of the same model if i want to change its features
    • More defense: finally we're being rewarded for defending! new ticketing system is so much better... matches have been closer overall
    • Squads: teaming up with friends and moving from server to server etc. is MUCH smoother and has been improved in several ways

MAJOR problems
    • A very strict profanity filter which cannot be disabled and in so doing runs the risk of stifling conversation in chat and thus harms the PC community.
    • Potential lack of dedicated servers (obviously we have no confirmation on this yet) -- I want to keep playing on clan servers such as AOD, Beakers Playground etc. -- If we can't play on dedicated clan servers, this will harm the PC community.
    • Removal of press to zoom, hold to toggle mini-map setting -- this thing is very handy and really needs to come back

Minor issues
    • Sound seems like it needs a bit of work - I'm using Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones... they sound great in every other game. This one doesn't sound bad, its just a little low and sometimes hard to pick out individual footsteps... explosions sound a bit like they're in a tin can sometimes
    • Waiting for revives gets a bit tedious... might get really old over time, not sure how i feel about it yet
    • Some animations are a bit wonky... my soldier's arm looks like its going to snap in half when I throw a grenade for instance
    • Getting thrown around by explosions, killed, insta-revived by a medic etc. can sometimes be jarring to view in way that I don't believe is intentional -- doesn't look or feel that smooth sometimes, maybe this is unavoidable though

As a final note: please consider re-adding and expanding on a commander mode who is able to communicate with and coordinate all the squads on a team.

you like to hide and take out enemies from the ambush? Only worse players than camping scrubs like you are OP toys (vehicles, sentry class and shotgun) abusers. This game is ten times worse than bf1 and bf1 is not perfect in many ways.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SC0RPl0N wrote: »
    you like to hide and take out enemies from the ambush? Only worse players than camping scrubs like you are OP toys (vehicles, sentry class and shotgun) abusers. This game is ten times worse than bf1 and bf1 is not perfect in many ways.

i upvoted you, thanks for the lol

• V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    [ Post removed - flaming]
  • V1k1n6-666
    edited September 2018
    [ Post removed - flaming]
  • V1k1n6-666
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    The truth hurts. BFV will be such a mess it will get abandoned fast.

That's what we need, more COD fanboys.
  • V1k1n6-666
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    All I can say is WOW! So glad I did not preorder this game. Terrible game experience compared to BF1. This is COD lite with even more annoying time delays and menus. So disappointed.

Watch the new COD Blackout trailer, Looks light years better than BFV on it's own.

You're trolling.
  • betarom
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    mdmnk0 wrote: »
    I've logged a little over 27 in-game days on Battlefield 1, 24 days of which were spent as support class.
    Graphics / destruction: Improved character models and the destruction looks great

would say it's a downgrade to bf1. flak cannon impact holes on the ground despawn right away. soldier models move and look like they were made out of gummy.

• kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

Disagree. I find bf1 pretty dull because it's just everyone running around like rambo on amphetamine getting blown up in choke points for a round.

In bfv beta alone I've seen teams use more strategy and tactics like flanking than I ever in bf1, because every charges forward on like headless chickens.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14439 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 2018
    V1k1n6-666 wrote: »

Personally I feel like you need to learn English before posting a 500 word comment.

Personally I think his English is fine, you also must consider that not everybody here can type fluent English and spelling mistakes can be expected.

He may be dyslexic and thus may have trouble spelling certain words.

He may be typing on a mobile browser and autocorrect keeps changing his words.

Either way, Stop baiting / flaming or you will be infracted.
  • 0KNMDM
    edited September 2018
    in bf1... every charges forward on like headless chickens

This is the thing that nearly ruined BF1 for me... nearly every game regardless of map had an Operation Locker / COD-like strategy and play style. Even BF4 had more defense and team play than BF1 (and it wasn't all that wonderful for teamwork either honestly).

I love being forced to move with the squad. I wish there was a better way to communicate with the team so as to coordinate better (perhaps squad leaders should get their own VOIP channel?)

• xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    una322 wrote: »
    I disagree 100% but that's cool, i'm not saying your wrong, good for you you enjoy the game.
    Personally i feel BFV has to many underlying issues at its core that effect the game in a negative way.

I think the core gameplay is great, but needs some balance changes and bug fixes.

In a brief summery i will say bfv, looks graphically worse than bf1 in many ways. Its graphics effects are over the top and cause issues with visibility which just gets frustrating after awhile. Saturation , color is off and everything feels like it has vaseline all over it.

I think the graphics looks great, will agree that the lighting needs a revamp.

The upgrade system is complete garbage. All the perk upgrades for each gun have split paths. IF you want more than one play style on a gun you have to re buy those perks over again, because once you pick a tree your locked in. The upgrades as well are just pure stat boosts, more dmg, less kick ext. There are no negatives at all for any, its a style of play and that's it. Cosmetic upgrades have no effect on the weapon at all. Every aspect of the upgrade weapon system is worse than say BF4 by some way, hell even worse than bf1. At least in bf1 you could quickly change your setup in game. Currently you cannot change perks , upgrades in game. So if you get that cool unlock for a scope say mid game, you have to quit the game and apply it and then re enter a new game... yeh real fun that.

Cant say I really like the new system either. However I think if they reduced the priced of upgrades(or removed the stupid currency system all together), let you interchange them on both sides once purchased, let you change them in game and upgrade in game.

Gunplay is fine, its good has more gun control requirements for sure, but all that is nullified due to the TTK being so low, don't need to control your gun when you can spam and kill someone so fast. Don't need to be a pro sniper , just go assault and use the DMR. The balance is broken currently.

I think the gunplay is great and wouldnt mind the ttk to go up a little bit, not too much. I dont understand the decision to give medic the smgs, which also seem to be overtuned. Snipers arent as bad as people are saying, but the could use a little love. I like how sniping feels again in this one, especially without 3d spotting. I feel like I can actually find good hiding spots that look over objectives pretty well.

Gameplay is not fun. Personal opinion but i feel that enough people have spoken up about this that there is something to it. I mean this doesn't feel like a BF game? Ok so what does a BF game feel like? It feels like a war , a big war with 64 players in game , bombs and shells going off everywhere, running from scary tanks and watching out for the sky all at the same time. Doing cool stuff, like jumping out of a plane and sniping while para shooting, btw something you can no longer do in bfv. All of these things are iconic to BF , Hence those "BF Moments" BFV doesn't have these, half the time the maps feel empty in 64 player severs. Can you imagine how empty they would feel in a 32 player server?
    I berlive this is down to the fact we have basically no spotting now, people don't know where the main front line is, so they all run off at spawn to different locations and you have 64 players spread out over a large map, hence why it feels empty half the time. Lets also talk about sound, go back to BF1, play it for a bit, and your notice the sound of consistent gunfire going on everywhere, why? because people are not afraid to lay down cover fire, suppression fire ext and just go for there shots. This has been totally stripped away in bfv because of the lack of ammo. The lack of ammo means people tend to save on there ammo and wont even provide cover fire.

I'd argue that after reading the forums it's pretty split and I think we are going unavoidable run into that when they implement this many changes. It to men, feels like the older BF2 game where an efficient squad could have alot of influence on the outcome of a game. I haven't run into the issue of it not feeling like a big war, except with some of the matchmaking issues. The only time it felt slow was when they enemy team left it got unbalanced 2:1 or most people left the lobby on both sides. Bf1 was a clusterf### of chokepoints, explosives and laser snipers(dont get me wrong I enjoyed bf1 for a bit).I hope to see some big box lmgs in the full game, I think that will help with some of the lack of cover fire.

For a game that is meant to push for team play, its doing it all wrong. I'm sure you have notice even less people will revive in game than bf1 or any other bf. Why? because its to risky, the animation takes to long and because of the low TTK its a big risk that no one wants to take. Ammo being rare to encourage support to supply ammo and for players to stick with there squad is all taken away because you can pick up ammo from the dead or the 100 different supply caches around the map. Once you learn where they are you never need a support guy to give you ammo again. They even added bandages now so you can self heal. Why need a medic when people can heal themselves and half the time you get shot in this game anyway the low TTK means your most probably dead anyway. Again taking away from team play.

I personally see plenty of squad mates picking me up if Im not in a place that will get them killed too. I did play medic last night and cant believe that animation takes almost as long as the non medic squad revive, that def needs to be reduced. There are plenty of situations where support is useful. My buddy was playing it last night and it enabled us to keep on the move and flank without having to worry about the boxes. You only get the self heal if you go grab one from a box, but even then one sniper round and you need to use it up. There is absolutely plenty to keep a medic busy.

The lower ttk conbined with op weapons like the Assaults arsenal means a campy insta' death game where you can snipe across the map with dmr's and autos faster than you can with a sniper rifle. Again balance is broke and its no fun.

I would disagree completely. Sure the STG is a bit overtuned but its not like im getting dropped from them long range. After I got used to the sniper, most assaulters dont have a chance unless they push my position.

Then we can talk about Tanks and planes. They are weak, soon as a tank is out its dead from rockets or c4, they have limited ammo and there so slow there easy to hit, or hard to run away. Planes feel like they are not dangerous anymore compared to any other BF game, so you no longer bother looking up at the sky anymore, i mean why would you, the planes cant see crap anyway with the lack of spotting and there terrible AoE damage.
    All those things above makes BF feel like a BF Inf game with vehicles being there just because. Also tank shells have next to no splash damage anymore , they just don't feel scary at all. BF is always been about inf , vehicle and air combat, right now its just an INF game with a gimmick of vehicles there because hey gotta have em right its a BF game...

I have yet to see a good pilot or flown myself, but they seem to be underwhelming. Tanks seem alot more interesting to me. I've seen tanks get plenty of kills and they don't blow up that fast unless a bunch of assaulters go after it. I think it just takes more coordination with your gunners. I would rather see them useless and slowly buffed then the annoying things that they were in bf1.

Rag doll is broken, there server side, they spaz out and look dumb , why change them when they worked just fine before?
    Reused indoor environments right out of BF1, doesn't help the game feel like its own game , but more like an expansion.
    Squads are broken
    Flag caps are the same 2 shades of the same color for capping and control, sometimes making it hard to tell if you control a flag or not.
    The building mechanic is a nice idea, but it has next to no effect in the game at all, and after awhile people will use it less and less, right now most people who pay it down just are doing so to check it out.

Ya I've alot of weird ragdoll reactions. I don't think using the door thing is a big issue. Squads seem to work on pc ok.I would disagree about fortifications. If people build them they can really change the flow of the game when your are attacking or defending a point.

The fun of BF is gone in bfv, to many animations for everything make the game feel clunky. Cant parrashoot off buildings or bridges? why because that's to fun right gotta take that out the game.
    Cant do cool stunts in planes anymore because , na too fun.
    Planes spawn in the air, i mean why did we keep that from bf1? i mean why cant we take off from aircraft carriers or runways anymore? People want realistic yet we are spawning mid air its lame. Also a lot of the fun from bf2 ect was sneaking behind enemy lines and taking out planes ect.

I think this is just gonna be where different playstyles are just going to butt heads. I havnt had this much fun in a shooter in the last 6 months. I like the addition of the animations, but they do need to be ironed out. I like not being able to just jump out of a 4 story building and pull a parachute that somehow saves you from taking damage. Instajumping out of planes to do some rpg nonsense and get back in it was just silly. I also remember have 6 people sitting at the runway hoping to get into a place only to miss the spawn and have to run all the way to fight. I dont necessarily like it, but im coming to understand why they did it.

The list just goes on, i really cba to think of anymore, but that's enough right? This game just is'nt fun. I go back and play bf1 or bf4 and its just so much more fun and rewarding. The graphics in bf1 are still better somehow? the feeling of being in a ..... battlefield is there, unlike bfv.

So yeah glad you enjoy but i cant see how all of those issues don't bother you op, but hey its fine if they don't good for you, enjoy , but to me this is the beggining of the end of BF, unles they take an even bigger delay and fix this mess of a game.

• off3nc3
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game feels more like COD then Battlefield anymore , im amazed any BF vet would praise this game as it's a BORE , small scaled , the lightning/shadows are abysmal at detecting any enemy basically this game turned into a camp fest in between points. Ammo atrition , nobody will revive you or throw an ammo pack and to imagine all these mechanics are made to improve teaming. LOL

I've been playing since BF2142 and racked about 500+ hours in BF1 , i was even willing to pay money for an early key for this game but then i got into early ac. and damn this game is depressing , the all time low pre-orders and stock failure for EA just proves it even more.

Can't believe im saying this but this is the only battlefield game im going to skip.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    off3nc3 wrote: »
    This game feels more like COD then Battlefield anymore , im amazed any BF vet would praise this game as it's a BORE , small scaled , the lightning/shadows are abysmal at detecting any enemy basically this game turned into a camp fest in between points. Ammo atrition , nobody will revive you or throw an ammo pack and to imagine all these mechanics are made to improve teaming. LOL

I've been playing since BF2142 and racked about 500+ hours in BF1 , i was even willing to pay money for an early key for this game but then i got into early ac. and damn this game is depressing , the all time low pre-orders and stock failure for EA just proves it even more.

Can't believe im saying this but this is the only battlefield game im going to skip.

I think you are the first person that I have seen say they are a BF vet when they started out with 2142. That game was nothing compared to it's predecessor. The whole cod comparison is lazy and just wrong. BF1 was a bunch of laser weapons, chokepoints and explosive spam. While I did enjoy BF1 for quite some time after it's release, it had alot of problems and was very lacking when it came to weapons.
  • p0pcornMuncher
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed, I really struggled to get into bf1. The weapons are boring, vehicles are treated like power ups. Just didn't feel like battlefield to me. Bf5 is like going back to the good old days of bc2, but wth fresh and exciting new mechanics.