Honestly, I am getting so many kills, i keep running out of ammo and it is extremely frustrating.

Comments

• V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NazDuru wrote: »
    Attrition can exist, less ammo than previous battlefield games. With these solutions I don’t think it will make supports useless, the game less tactical or ammo stations pointless.

What do you guys think, will you be really upset if they did these things?

- Give one to two extra magazines to spawn in with for medics and assaults, not sure about scouts
    - More ammo stations on operations such as north or south ridges on Narvik
    - Pick up a full magazine off dead bodies
    - Make it so dead bodies drop enough pouches for everyone in the vicinity such as 3 so the person who got the kill can actually get their ammo back

There we go, as Florian mentioned (follow his Twitter) it is a love or hated mechanic, heres in the middle, we are happy, we have the best comminity, we all love battlefield V.

No to all of your points.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've not had one single issue with ammo in this game. It's very easy to top back up. I can see how it would upset lone wolf glory hunt type players though.

This absolutely this.

And everything that @Trokey66

The game is made to be slower paced so go find an ammo supply and refill and then come back. There are plenty spread out and if you top off you will have the advantage over you enemies when you do your "awsome MLG 40 kill streak".
  • Kagg
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    teamwork

/thread

Going to copy pasta:
    - Not all supports give ammo, most of the time i get ammo is from a friend with communication
    - I cant always play with a full squad with full communication
    - My squad mates might not want to play support (Randoms)

BF is a game designed to play with teammates on comms. Squad up with some friends. There are plenty of ways to get ammo as others have pointed out.

If one your friends doesnt want to play support then thats on your squad.

This game isnt made for lone wolf slayers.

All that being said I wouldn't mind seeing an option to take ammo and meds from teammates, while still giving them points for it.

Maybe but it's still super frustrating to just spawn in with two mags. BFV is nice in many ways but the lack of ammo is super annoying. Simply no way around that.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Definitely need another mag worth of ammo. Adapting is hardly an argument or the TTK debacle which still drags on would have been a closed issue by now. But nope, we all have a preference of how the game should feel and what not, strange. Also, you can't always occupy the spot of an enemy you downed because it can often get you killed, even more true now since spotting has been toned down. Do people know what lone wolfing is? It's when you're not in a squad or lock yourself in one solo, not when you deviate from their objective, which most of the time is having a stand off at a choke point as a opposed to flanking. When the rest of the squad gets wiped, the 55-14 KD "lone wolf" acts as a reliable spawn point in addition to granting optimal vantage points for killing the enemy.
    Post edited by CHAMMOND1992 on
  • NazDuru
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V1k1n6-666 wrote: »
    More whining because you don't know how to play please.

Damn you really got me there
  • timmy999777
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Picking up ammo and health packs is a bit oldskool wolfenstein. The limited ammo is annoying but equally annoying was the supports in BF1 not dropping ammo when ur screaming like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ at them...
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol it takes a mag and a half just to get out of your own flags spawn, then you got half a mag to get to the ammo dump in theirs.
  • Marlin114
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BrokenMachine said in his YouTube tutorial to familiarize yourself where the Ammo and Health stations are and to use them frequently. They are spread out but pretty accessable and a great help when u need em. Camping by one or 2 can give u an added kill bonus if your wise enough too. I didn't know they existed until I saw his video. Now I'm not running out of ammo and health so much.
  • SilentkillXIII
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V1k1n6-666 wrote: »
    More whining because you don't know how to play please.

Damn you really got me there

Man I understand your point. People wont understand they like the low ammo I dont see how is it fun to kill a couple players and then have to run back to grab ammo. It's very rare that people use support class and actually drop ammo is rare that people play with teamwork most of players just want to kill and keep moving. I've never seen anyone ask for this kind of feature in a game. "Hey DICE here buy our game 50vs50 and you spawn with 2 mags " good luck selling that. Battlefield V let the ammo hunt begin
  • Candysalmon
    65 postsMember Member
    edited September 2018
    Who is 'running back' to get ammo? I don't understand,

I get some kills, use my nade at strategic moments, scavenge dead bodies, hit up the ammo supplies at almost every flag,,,,,

I think this boils down to the complaining people's unwillingness to improve using the game mechanics, it seems like they just want to use the main weapon 100% of the time, and not be bothered with ammo at all,

Dont hold full auto, Use burst, Aim better, Improve, but most of all, use your head and sound awareness, I've had 0 ammo issues especially with 1/4 to 1/2 people playing support that will throw you a supply if you hold Q and ask
  • IISplattII
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/fw9hs20

Hi, I am level 30, moslty play medic and assault. i love pretty much everything about BFV apart from low ammo, it is one of the most player hindering mechanics i have ever seen in a battlefield game, it is a mechanic that is not needed. All it does is stop me from getting kills/quote]

You've had a kill? Awesome.
  • WobblyTableLeg
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who is 'running back' to get ammo? I don't understand,

I get some kills, use my nade at strategic moments, scavenge dead bodies, hit up the ammo supplies at almost every flag,,,,,

I think this boils down to the complaining people's unwillingness to improve using the game mechanics, it seems like they just want to use the main weapon 100% of the time, and not be bothered with ammo at all,

Dont hold full auto, Use burst, Aim better, Improve, but most of all, use your head and sound awareness, I've had 0 ammo issues especially with 1/4 to 1/2 people playing support that will throw you a supply if you hold Q and ask

If you've killed more than a few people in a life, you would know how frustrating it is that you're incredibly disadvantaged because you're using a sidearm. Since supports almost never give people ammo (simply stupid players?), that means you have to take yourself out of the fight and go search for a body or box, effectively taking you out of the fight and making you useless to your team.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    or you could just use ur ammo sparingly

I want to shoot people not save sammo. Also, how can i when i get 40-50 plus kills a match lol look at the scoreboard, this thread is pointless now anyway. The devs know the ammo count is too low, now they are considering changes which they probably will do. After launch i can see them increasing it again, we will see.

So you get 40-50 plus kills right yet apparantly can't find any ammo?

Hmmm something isn't adding up here

What are you suggesting? Here we go max level on tank is 4, im level 14 medic, level 8 assault, level 7 support, max level on planes are 1 or 2. So what doesn’t add up?

Feel free to reread the post because that sailed your head like a thunderbug
  • NazDuru
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have, i dont know what you are saying
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am sorry that I can't play on all platforms, on every server, in every squad 24/7 keeping your ammo stocks high.

-Sincerely, Support main running with both ammo resupplies and keeping supply stations operational
  • NazDuru
    I am sorry that I can't play on all platforms, on every server, in every squad 24/7 keeping your ammo stocks high.

-Sincerely, Support main running with both ammo resupplies and keeping supply stations operational

We need more like you
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've not had one single issue with ammo in this game. It's very easy to top back up. I can see how it would upset lone wolf glory hunt type players though.

Pretty much came here to say this.
  • NazDuru
    Thank you DICE

SOME things we are tweaking:
    1. Max ammo capacity
    2. Starting ammo per spawn
    3. Amount of ammo dropped from killed enemy
    4. Amount/location of resupply stations.
    5. Spawn with or without health pouch

These are just a few things we are looking into. Will have more info soon :)
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    play as support, that might stop u abusing STG.
  • LL15_1EE
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    compare to Ex- battlefield two / three and one unlimited ammo

The Battlefield five who only give limited ammo for maximum teamwork support

It make player aim more accurate before fire the shoot in tank and plane

it's increase the player who use knife and run back to base to resupply

the more realistic, the more fun :)