This game is nothing but a BF 1 map pack

2»

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can only laugh at this thread because it is so incorrect.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I always comment on the

“This <insert new game here >is just re-skin of <insert previous game here> “

thread.

It’s a classic.

• Sci0n
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sci0n wrote: »
    RUMPLE9 wrote: »
    Just get us to but the same old game again at a silly price, just tweak a couple of features and put some new maps in.

WW1 and WW2 were only 20 years apart. Dice really dropped the ball here and should have gone with modern combat (preferably Middle East), or futuristic combat (2143)

If they went with a modern theme, the game would be nothing more than a BF3 map pack (which BF4 was ... though, it was a pretty crappy map pack with a whole lot of other stuff we really didn't need). A lot of people were getting sick of seeing the same M16/AEK/M1 Abrams/T90/Havoc/LAV-25/etc over and over and over and over. The BF franchise felt like it was the same game getting repackaged in different ways since BC1, until BF1 came along. Why go with the same setting (Middle East) that has been done to death even more than WW2? Aren't people tired of playing in the bloody desert already? Aren't people tired of shooting at Russians/Americans/Middle Easterners repeatedly? the franchise felt more recycled than CoD with it's modern theme ... at least CoD was mixing up it's themes with each new game (until AW came out, that is).

This game has drastically different gameplay from BF1. The TTK is different. The gunplay is different. The class mechanics have been modified a fair bit. The tanks are different. The aircraft are different. The health system is different. The ammo system is different. The only things that are the same are some of the knifing animations and some weapons here and there.

if you desperately want yet another modern BF, just wait for that new WW3 game to come out ... though, it might take some time for that one to be finished.

Well its not l;ike this game is finished is it, its just another broken add-on

It's not even a released game yet. It's a beta so there are bound to be bugs and tweaks will need to be made to gunplay and mechanics. This game is far from a BF1 reskin or "Map Pack".

cut the crap wioth this beta ****, any real gamer knows a beta needs to be atleast 4-6 months played b4 release as right now its a demno of the full game.

Oh sorry, didn't realize I was talking to a real gamer!

Betas are older builds of the game. Many of the bugs that are being brought up are already known to the dev team and are being worked on or are already fixed.

If you don't like the game just say it. But it's far from a BF1 reskin or map pack. It's a much different game that isn't going to appeal to everybody.

Youy may address now as 'The Real Gamer' lol Betas are for games that have atleast 4-6 months to go b4 release go ask any real dev, as with a month away and ther issues that are so transparant they cant fix them in time
  • Sci0n
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CPU_UK wrote: »
    Just get us to but the same old game again at a silly price, just tweak a couple of features and put some new maps in.

WW1 and WW2 were only 20 years apart. Dice really dropped the ball here and should have gone with modern combat (preferably Middle East), or futuristic combat (2143)

As has already been mentioned, we already had the the future war and it was the worst seller. The only thing I liked was Titan mode and the introduction of knifing\ tag collecting, the rest was not good.

Also WW2 was done before, sorry WW! and look how trhat played out, gamers dont want a WW" cod style game, end of. Nothing in BFV is new, it really could of been an add on

https://digitaltrends.com/gaming/battlefield-v-pre-order-numbers-disappointing/

Who cares what the supposed preorder numbers say. I know almost my entire friend group has moved away from preordering games in general, let alone from EA. Hell even them moving the launch back a month and no lootboxes so far is a good direction for battlefield and EA.

#reaching games gonna flop hard lol
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it sure is.. everything went downhill after bf4....
  • I love how illogical so many people are. Not only is their vision of Battlefield the “correct” or “true” Battlefield, but they hope for every new Battlefield to fail cuz it’s not what they envision.

That’s gonna do it. If this Battlefield fails, I’m sure your perfect Battlefield will not only be next but it’s going to come sooner than later and have the budget your hoping for too.

Just plain stupid.

Also, seeing so many of the typical “it’s not similar enough” versus the “it’s too similar” arguments. No winning that fight for anyone, DICE/EA most of all.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I love how illogical so many people are. Not only is their vision of Battlefield the “correct” or “true” Battlefield, but they hope for every new Battlefield to fail cuz it’s not what they envision.

That’s gonna do it. If this Battlefield fails, I’m sure your perfect Battlefield will not only be next but it’s going to come sooner than later and have the budget your hoping for too.

Just plain stupid.

Also, seeing so many of the typical “it’s not similar enough” versus the “it’s too similar” arguments. No winning that fight for anyone, DICE/EA most of all.

They are going to get alot of flak when they make big changes. As a long time battlefield player, I like the direction of the pacing for the game. While I dislike the whole pandering to the PC crowd, I do like they are using the cosmetic part of the game for their micro-transactions and getting away from the despicable lootboxes and paid dlc. The people that are in a frenzy about authenticity are as irrational as the their politically correct counterparts.
  • p0pcornMuncher
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You must be playing a different game to me lol. It's world's apart from bf1.
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Completely different games. BF1 blows BFV away. Just the basic gameplay mechanics make BF1 extremely fun and addicting to play. BFV plays like DICE listened to too many people complain about stuff that wasn't broken in BF1.
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Not even close to BF1. That game has better guns, better graphics, better gameplay and is fun. This is just spawn and die on large maps by the STG44. I had fun playing the BF1 beta and really looked forward to playing that game. Not with this one...

I feel exactly the same way. BF1 is so much fun and it's addictive. With BFV they went a different direction a bit too far for my taste.
  • Pekmez-Pita
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    A very poorly optimized DLC pack. At best.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love how illogical so many people are. Not only is their vision of Battlefield the “correct” or “true” Battlefield, but they hope for every new Battlefield to fail cuz it’s not what they envision.

Just plain stupid.

@Loqtrall qtf
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Maybe if you give it a chance you can finally have a battlefield where you get a K/D over 1 and your buddy Scion can get one past .5
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    InnerD wrote: »
    modern combat is overplayed right now. and futuristic is hard to pull off.
    so I can't really agree with you.

BF2142 begs to differ that futuristic is hard to pull off.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Completely different games. BF1 blows BFV away. Just the basic gameplay mechanics make BF1 extremely fun and addicting to play. BFV plays like DICE listened to too many people complain about stuff that wasn't broken in BF1.

BF1 is garbage in literally every way. BF5's gunplay is sooooo vastly superior to BF1's that it's honestly a joke. I'd NEVER go back to playing BF1, and I only bought it because my friend begged me to. I HATED the BF1 Beta and didn't buy the game until years later at $20 with all the DLC. I've played more of the BF5 Beta than I have BF1 already, because it's just that much better. I'd play BF4 (which I still have installed on my PS4) over BF1 (which I don't have installed) any day of the week, and I'd play BF5 over both of them.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    modern combat is overplayed right now. and futuristic is hard to pull off.
    so I can't really agree with you.

BF2142 begs to differ that futuristic is hard to pull off.

it was a major failure with nothing but bugs -_-;
  • zangles
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

BF1 is garbage in literally every way. BF5's gunplay is sooooo vastly superior to BF1's that it's honestly a joke. I'd NEVER go back to playing BF1, and I only bought it because my friend begged me to. I HATED the BF1 Beta and didn't buy the game until years later at $20 with all the DLC. I've played more of the BF5 Beta than I have BF1 already, because it's just that much better. I'd play BF4 (which I still have installed on my PS4) over BF1 (which I don't have installed) any day of the week, and I'd play BF5 over both of them.

So you don't like BF1 huh ?.....wow, that makes all two of you.

I heard there was some guy in like Mumbai who didn't like it either. You should hook up.
  • V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Whine some more about something you knew a year ago please.
  • p0pcornMuncher
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Totally agree with this. BF5 is way better!
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't agree with OP, there's so many new features and differences.

... though most of these new features actually make the game worse than BF1. Revive mechanics, spawn screen, weapon upgrades, vehicles in general, ... wish they hadn't touched any of it.