The most boring BF of all time.

Robs4o
11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2018
I'm just a regular Joe, not very skilled, usually very tired after a long day of work playing on a Ps4 Pro and here are my two cents worth of opinion, I doubt anyone at DICE will care, but here's my opinion on the beta anyway.

It's boring AF.
It just doesn't make my blood pump and my heart wanna break through my chest like BF1 did.

There just no thrill. Not even a decent kill sound, that "cha-ching" from BF1 was so rewarding...

Feels like any other war, but it's not WW2
There was not one person that looked at my screen and said "wow that's a great WW2 scenario"
It's just not ww2. The uniforms, the colors, the team names..

Movement is weird, DICE can't even be consistent on it's player movement, come on!
There's a diferent sensitivity to every thing, hip fire is one, ads is another, even changes when you use diferente weapons, stationery guns and what not.
Muscle memory just goes to sh..

Too slow paced, if you rush, you're dead.
If you play alone, like I usually do, you have very little chance (having fun) of anything.

You can't see sh**t.
You can't see the enemy from a distance, and when you see them, you're already dead.

Too little ammo.
You can't expect that you'll always have a support player dropping ammo. There aren't.

Reviving is just a no-go.
You will die when trying to revive a player that's not all the way covered. So I see ppl just not even trying.

Fortifications...
"What-kind-of-animal-is-this-meme-here"

Graphics.. they're just weird. On the Ps4 it feels like going back one generation.
If you turn off the effects on the video options, so the game runs smoother, it becomes a laughable matter.

I just hope something better comes along till lunch...

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Comparing BFV to BF1 is a bit pointless as both are abysmal
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm, to me I’m just a fun loving casual everyday Joe who’s uncomplicated and upfront sounds like a request for a skill gap compression.

Why don’t you honest Joe’s just come out and say it?

Now you’re on an even playing field with only your own abilities to relay on.

Like the rest of us.

Maybe if you played on when you felt less tired and improved you’d feel better?

If you remember BF4 that’s how it played, you had to earn it.

• kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was a big fan of battlefield 2. I hated how series got more faster and chaotic with maps of cluster ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ meat grinder ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. That doesn't automatically equate to a good game.
    To a lot of us who played way back, that was way off how battlefield originally started and that certainly doesn't get my blood pumping. To me, stuck in a choke point getting spammed with nades and gas round after round is boring as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Bfv for me is a welcome return to form and I'm kind of glad we are shifting away from that headless chicken with a machine gun simulator it kind of became. From bf3 onwards it became lone wolf friendly who love kill streaks, no chance in BF2 and now bfv. If that means an exodus of those types of players then so be it.
  • V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Robs4o wrote: »
    I'm just a regular Joe, not very skilled, usually very tired after a long day of work playing on a Ps4 Pro and here are my two cents worth of opinion, I doubt anyone at DICE will care, but here's my opinion on the beta anyway.

Definitely not the game for you. This is way more packed with action than BF1

• Robs4o
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Well, it was my first impression, it will never please everyone, it's only MY opinion.
    At the end of the day it's the (new) BF we got, so might as well play it and try to enjoy... But, to the moment, it's still the most boring BF of all time, imo of course
    :smile:
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V1k1n6-666 wrote: »

Definitely not the game for you. This is way more packed with action than BF1

I would argue it has more quality action versus BF1's chaotic mess of chokepoints and explosives.
  • CodaciousMan
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, it was my first impression, it will never please everyone, it's only MY opinion.
    At the end of the day it's the (new) BF we got, so might as well play it and try to enjoy... But, to the moment, it's still the most boring BF of all time, imo of course
    :smile:

i think you will enjoy it more when the full game releases. also try playing with friends, its my opinion that the most fulfilling bfv experience is playing with friends. very rewarding with the new squad revive system and attrition... you really have to work together on this one.
  • bmillsy513
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    The Breakthrough mode is boring, absolutely no desire to play it in beta anymore. Operations in BF1 is way better, of course it could just be the map here too. But having some fun in conquest though.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Best bf yet imo, op is clueless played them all since BF1942
  • DOGS_ORBS
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's boring AF.
    It just doesn't make my blood pump and my heart wanna break through my chest like BF1 did.

There just no thrill. Not even a decent kill sound, that "cha-ching" from BF1 was so rewarding...

There was not one person that looked at my screen and said "wow that's a great WW2 scenario"

Movement is weird, DICE can't even be consistent on it's player movement, come on!
    There's a diferent sensitivity to every thing, hip fire is one, ads is another, even changes when you use diferente weapons, stationery guns and what not.

If you play alone, like I usually do, you have very little chance (having fun) of anything.

You can't see sh**t.
    You can't see the enemy from a distance, and when you see them, you're already dead.

Too little ammo.
    You can't expect that you'll always have a support player dropping ammo. There aren't.

You will die when trying to revive a player that's not all the way covered. So I see ppl just not even trying.

Fortifications...

Graphics.. they're just weird. On the Ps4 it feels like going back one generation.
    If you turn off the effects on the video options, so the game runs smoother, it becomes a laughable matter.

It is very boring. I made a thread saying how boring i thought the game was too a while back, it got closed, apparently it was seen as spam ?
    so anyway..... I'll say it again here.

"This game is very boring".
  • I9sixty2
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No it isnt...if you play it like it supposed to be played... a oldfashioned bf squad game..... it is a great game/beta which needs some polishing off course.
  • striker891
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    It's a team based game. If you are not able to perform propper teamwork you'll just have a hard time in this game aswell as in the real world...

The game is actually one of the best battlefield games, since teamwork and playing objective is the only way to win.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1 felt and played brain-dead run 'n gun, die, wait for spawn rinse and repeat. There wasn't depth at all, no thought process required.

But I see from your first paragraph that you aren't playing right genre. Online FPS games are competitive by design. Some are on lesser degree while others highly. Some even have took away competitive nature with hand-holding and handicapping features.

Battlefield V is breath of fresh air and going in right direction for franchise.
  • WobblyTableLeg
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Bumping.
    Undoubtedly the most boring and stale game of the series.
    Ammo limitation was the dumbest possible decision they can go with. Have any of these devs played in a pub server? There's 0 coordination between randoms. Supports and medics seem to REFUSE to give ammo, heal or revive. I played 4 matches, got revived 3 times and no ammo throughout. I don't know if people are simply ignorant or utterly flatline braindead. People will call this 'tactical' but there's nothing remotely like it. BF was always an arcadey game, and especially the newer ones are higher, fast paced twitch shooters, drastically limiting ammo is nonsensical.
    Aircraft were so useless and had such little impact on the map they may as well have been left out, besides the map being far too small for them to even fly in.
    Autobipod was a hindrance because you spend time deploying it instead of shooting the gun that's about to run underneath the bridge or building.
    Sound design was lacking. It was so quiet (the audio volume of gunfire, explosions, etc) that I may as well have played with my sound off. This also ties back into player coordination because people can't hear your screaming and begging for ammo/medikits when you're beside them.
    Tanks, AT/AA guns felt so underused and unimpactful they might as well have been left out with the planes.
    The menu system is horrible, pure garbage. Why do I need to back out of the deploy screen to change my kit? Just combine them, like they've always been, Christ.
    Character models look so dopey. All the krauts run around with Jin-Roh face masks, their camo colour is completely off from historical colours, and the Allied soldiers look like they hired kids out of a university. Black and female soldiers simply weren't common in frontline combat, and besides this, their outfits just look dopey. Is this supposed to be a WWII shooter, a spin-off comedy/satire like Bad Company or alt history because I would be perfectly fine if it was labelled as such. All I wanted was regular looking soldiers instead of weirdly out of context, out of place models.
    DICE once again demos their game with utterly boring maps, it's just an endless merry-go-round of chasing flags, spawning, shoot, die repeat. It's just call of duty. There was nothing iconic or memorable about either where 10 years down the road I will remember El Alamein, Operation Flaming Dart, Gulf of Oman, etc
    The preset asset building was underwhelming, they should have at least mimicked Project Reality where you can build nearly anywhere where the models can interact with the terrain.
    The bleedout mechanic was such a chore, wasting tons of game time and my life just holding LMB to die quicker since it takes so long and revives are a rarity.

Honestly the only good things they changed were weapon recoil patterns and getting rid of dorito shooting. The rest of the changes have all been a step backwards. I will most likely never buy this game, even on sale unless DICE does some serious overhaul on this trainwreck of a game.
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's boring AF.

You can't see sh**t.

Too little ammo.

Fortifications...

I totally agree with every point you wrote. BFV just isn't very fun to play and I've tried my hardest to like it but I just don't. The revive system seeing my bloody hand and all that just isn't necessary.
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Best bf yet imo, op is clueless played them all since BF1942

I too have played the series from 1942 but think that the op has made some valid points most of which hopefully he will adjust to like every new series when it comes out. I have looked at my initial comments re bf1 - I wasn't impressed with the sepia colour tones, but now I love it.
    Limited ammo - wasn't an issue in 1942, we have just had it easy with later games.
    3d spotting - I'm sure I'll adapt - didn't have that in 1942 either.
    Not being able to see the enemy? Not sure about this. Hopefully my eyes will adjust or they fix it.
    Support & Medics not doing their job - Give it time we are all learning the new layouts.
    Some of us oldies do like to have a game to un-wind after work. We aren't after serious play - I prefer fun.

I'm not too impressed with the limited maps so far but then I have never liked city maps because I know I'm crap at them.
    I'll reserve judgement until I've played a bit more. Def won't be pre-buying until I see a few good videos that excite me to play that map.